X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by melkorjunior
    I admit I still don't like the FTC bodies, which seem only marginally better than CTVT bodies (I bought their Mad Monsters repros and was fairly appalled at the chintziness of the bodies, not to mention they can't even stand up straight.) My FTC Riddler repro broke an arm the moment I tried to bend it. It wasn't even just the rubber band--the arm itself just broke right off with the plastic torn through. I'm planning on switching all the FTC figures onto new bodies, and from now on I see the FTC line as just heads and costumes only.
    because they are using CHEAP plastic which is why the Arms don't hold up.Before I converted my Batman/Robin to the S type bodies,you could already see Robin's plastic Arm torn inside and eventually ready to just fall off....eventually owners of FTC figures are going to see their figures break.Many are keeping them carded,but one day when they open them,they are going to find the arms to just fall off over time (because of how tight the rubber bands are torquing the plastic to stretch.

The FTC bodies are very light,almost like using Dollar store grade plastic....

after I converted them to the heavier duty, fully posable Zica Type S bodies...they feel like Mego's again and WITHOUT the stupid rubber bands.It's time companies get away from the Rubber bands now

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Teemu
      because they are using CHEAP plastic which is why the Arms don't hold up.Before I converted my Batman/Robin to the S type bodies,you could already see Robin's plastic Arm torn inside and eventually ready to just fall off....eventually owners of FTC figures are going to see their figures break.Many are keeping them carded,but one day when they open them,they are going to find the arms to just fall off over time (because of how tight the rubber bands are torquing the plastic to stretch.

The FTC bodies are very light,almost like using Dollar store grade plastic....

after I converted them to the heavier duty, fully posable Zica Type S bodies...they feel like Mego's again and WITHOUT the stupid rubber bands.It's time companies get away from the Rubber bands now
      People that have bought the more recent KISS 8-inch waves have said the bodies aren't as tight as the first waves were. Sounds like the future waves will be better.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        • Feb 27, 2014

Any plans for Hulk/David Banner/grey Hulk? THAT would be a great set as well.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          People that have bought the more recent KISS 8-inch waves have said the bodies aren't as tight as the first waves were. Sounds like the future waves will be better.
          but the plastic they are using for these bodies is still CHEAP Crap...one of the main reasons they don't hold up

Comment

• FamousCoversFan
            • May 18, 2014

Hi, I am new around here. Just preordered my retro Spider-Man. Very excited about this figure!

I'm also very curious to see what comes next. Mego Captain America, with an updated Cap and Steve Rogers?
            And how will Wolverine be done? A Wolverine like mego probably would have made it, with an updated version and a civilian Logan? Or just different customes?

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I'm guessing(and hoping) wolverine will be his best known yellow blue outfit,logan in civvies and first appearance whiskers mask from hulk 181.I'm not sure how they will divide thor in 3 ways.

Comment

• astro-greg
                • Mar 8, 2010

I would not be surprised if Thor's heads were vintage, bearded, non-bearded modern.
                Originally posted by pmwasson
                Three different Thors would be awesome. Don Blake -- not so much. I hope they are not beholden to always include a secret identity.

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

these need to come out NOW!

Comment

• megocrazy
                    Museum Trouble Maker
                    • Feb 18, 2007

War machine would violate the license, different character. Hulkbuster IM would rule.
                    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• FamousCoversFan
                      • May 18, 2014

Originally posted by megocrazy
                      War machine would violate the license, different character. Hulkbuster IM would rule.
                      Is this true? Does the license require that they release 3 versions of the same character?

Comment

• raider5gt
                        Museum Tree Cutter
                        • Nov 25, 2007

Originally posted by Teemu
                        these need to come out NOW!
                        I agree with you but we can not get this over in the UK as per usual

Just hope I can snag one,I almost did somersaults lol when me mate showed me the pic in Previews.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• drmego
                          EMCE Toys
                          • Jun 15, 2001

Yes that is true. The condition of the license is 1 character, 1 body, $80 retail price. This is how Sideshow was able to make
                          12 inch Star Wars figures - not as toys but as adult collectibles. We are working from the knowledge that MEGO fans are
                          aware of the availability of replacement bodies. With luck, maybe retailers can buy two-body packs to stock with the Marvel
                          megos sets for new fans not familiar with drmego.com.

Originally posted by FamousCoversFan
                          Is this true? Does the license require that they release 3 versions of the same character?
                          www.drmego.com
                          www.megoman.com
                          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

I actually have a bunch of dr Megos basic bodies in my "customs" drawer already so I'm prepared

Comment

• FamousCoversFan
                              • May 18, 2014

Originally posted by drmego
                              Yes that is true. The condition of the license is 1 character, 1 body, $80 retail price. This is how Sideshow was able to make
                              12 inch Star Wars figures - not as toys but as adult collectibles. We are working from the knowledge that MEGO fans are
                              aware of the availability of replacement bodies. With luck, maybe retailers can buy two-body packs to stock with the Marvel
                              Ok, that's very a very clear set of rules, thanks for your reply.
                              I think this condition can work great for most characters. And I like civilian outfits for most of the big guns:
                              Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Don Blake, Logan, Storm in seventies dress, Carol Danvers in military outfit? :-)

But how about the Hulk? Redo the mego. That would be great. But the updated version really needs a bigger body. And then we still have Bruce Banner... so you basically NEED three different bodies for him... :-(

Ow and great idea about the two-body packs for retailers!

Comment

• megodarryl
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Jan 31, 2006

Originally posted by drmego
                                They could still include War Machine's head and suit with Iron Man's set, because Tony Stark was the first to wear it. And I know it would sell out!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎