X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    The only different in the costumes is webbing in the armpits. The head looks worse and the 'belt' and webshooters look clunky as hell.

I think this set would have been a much better seller at Mego Spidey & Pete for $60.
    there is a BIG difference between the 'updated' costume vs the 70's retro costume...The updated costume cleary looks better and less cheese

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Teemu
      there is a BIG difference between the 'updated' costume vs the 70's retro costume...The updated costume cleary looks better and less cheese
      That's an opinion. I think the updated costume looks strange, and agree with what ThePlayer said in regard to the webshooters and belt. As a matter of fact, the updated costume is probably what will keep me from buying this set.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

Ok... Isn't this all about a straight reproduction version, a modern version (head & costume at the least) and an alter ego for each of the Top Marvel Heroes (Spiderman, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor & Wolverine)? How can any Mego fan be complaintning about three figures in a set?

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Maybe because its not three figures? Its one doll and a couple extra dress up sets.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Boywonder0
            Ok... Isn't this all about a straight reproduction version, a modern version (head & costume at the least) and an alter ego for each of the Top Marvel Heroes (Spiderman, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor & Wolverine)? How can any Mego fan be complaintning about three figures in a set?
            the annoyance is having to buy extra bodies to display both the Retro verson and the updated version...who wants to dress and undress these all the time?

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            ^^^ Maybe because its not three figures? Its one doll and a couple extra dress up sets.
            yeah,they should of at least gave us two bodies

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I cannot believe Marvel mego's are BACK and you guys are finding "something" to whine about. Unbelievable!

No matter how awesome an announcement, they'll always be a group of nit-pickers.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                I cannot believe Marvel mego's are BACK and you guys are finding "something" to whine about. Unbelievable!

No matter how awesome an announcement, they'll always be a group of nit-pickers.
                I agreed with the nit-picking over the FTC announcements, but those were straight repros. This set is different, the 'updated' figure is hideous IMO and so is the price. Pretty much everyone agrees they nailed the retro Mego Spidey and the Peter head/suit is awesome.

I won't buy it but if they nail the Mego repro versions of Iron Man and Thor, I will probably buy both.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  I agreed with the nit-picking over the FTC announcements, but those were straight repros. This set is different, the 'updated' figure is hideous IMO and so is the price. Pretty much everyone agrees they nailed the retro Mego Spidey and the Peter head/suit is awesome.

I won't buy it but if they nail the Mego repro versions of Iron Man and Thor, I will probably buy both.
                  Agreed with Ya! If they nail the original Thor, i'll take the plunge.

Comment

• VulcansFury
                    Museum Patron
                    • Mar 6, 2014

Originally posted by Brown Bear

Maybe some of us don't appreciate being price-gouged? Or forced into buying bundles? Or deceptive sales tactics? I'll try to go back to being a good little unquestioning consumer but I'm not in the third grade anymore.

I really wanted to love this line and support it. I can't. There is far more wrong than there is right for me here. There is absolutely no good reason that for the price we only get one figure. I refuse to be bent over and expected to take it just because of the license.

Comment

• alex
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 15, 2009

At the end of the day, it is what it is, no use complaining. These are already $10 cheaper in other places. Im more bothered that I have to rip open a nice display piece, and I cant afford another one.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

I look at it like this...a pristine mint original circle suit Spider-Man or Captain America would BOTH cost more than $80 loose.
                        For the price they're asking, I get a brand new figure that I don't have to worry about breaking, plus two cool extra outfits and a book.
                        That's more than good enough for me.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

I would love to get a Thor pack so long as the other two costumes as part of the Thor Corps:

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

Three different Thors would be awesome. Don Blake -- not so much. I hope they are not beholden to always include a secret identity.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• melkorjunior
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Apr 20, 2014

Mandatory secret identity heads are my big worry too. The only good thing that can come out of mandatory secret identity heads for figures where the secret identity is just "meh"--like Donald Blake--are more Mego-style heads for possible customs.

Comment

• Teemu
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 15, 2010

I can't wait for Thor.....to solve the "extra bodies" issue....I am buying extra bodies

The retro version stays on the current body it comes with...The updated classic costume goes on the new body (those new castaway/zica bodies will work perfect)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎