X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

that is a mighty large Spidey. Awesome!
    Kind of odd to see a circle suit looking that buff.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

The best part is October release....hopefully these come out two per quarter in '15

Comment

• ubermanx
        Career Member
        • Jul 3, 2013

I preordered 4 sets wholesale so we will see how well they sell. I'll have to wait and see how much shipping and customs charges will be before knowing my final price.

If all else fails I have one for me and one to give away as birthday present to my nephew and a few spares to try and shlep at toy shows.

- Marty

Comment

• RobTMego
          Career Member
          • Mar 15, 2013

I just preordered two, I hope they do a Captain Mar-vell classic kree suit, 70's cosmic suit, 90's full cosmic suit. that would totally rock

Comment

• melkorjunior
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 20, 2014

If 3000 sets at $80 is the standard for this line, they will obviously have to pick and choose characters based on what they think will sell.

We know Cap is being worked on and Thor, Iron Man and Wolverine are at least tentatively being planned. Cap and Thor and Iron Man were original Megos but hardly the most popular. Hulk was much more popular and would be a nice figure to have re-released with the height issue fixed. Cap, Thor, and Iron Man, however, are very popular in movies right now and could have lots of crossover appeal. This makes me worry, a bit, about the Fantastic Four. Besides the logistical problems of putting a set together with the three character/ one body limitation, their profile is low right now and the upcoming movie looks to completely reinvent the look of the characters (a black Torch, a young Reed.) Also, none of the FF is popular enough individually to merit their own set. The best I can think of is a set with a Thing repro, a Reed head and a Torch head. It leaves out Sue but it gives us three out of four. I suppose a full set of all four could be produced for $100 or so, but could they move 3000 pieces?

EMCE has said that they aren't necessarily committed to reproducing all of the original 12 Megos. I think of the original 12, the characters most likely to not be reproduced are the Fantastic Four and the Falcon (unless they include him in a Cap set, but that would limit the options for Cap himself so I doubt that would happen.) I think Hulk will be produced (he's an Avenger now in the movies and he's always been a popular character) and I think the Goblin has a very good chance of being produced as the character was a really classic Mego, still has a high movie profile, and would seem to be a natural for the three-pack concept (Norman Osborn, Hobgoblin). Not to mention that he's a good companion for Spider-Man and the people who bought the Spider-Man set will want a Spider-Man villain.

Of characters Mego never produced we have to consider both popularity and how easily they can fit into the three characters/one body concept. Wolverine was a no-brainer and I think Venom could work as well (Venom figure, Carnage head, Flash Gordon head?) I'd love to see Doctor Strange but which three figures would fill the set? Same goes for Hawkeye. Unless EMCE puts out sets featuring multiple characters rather than three iterations of the same character, in which case anything is possible.

My wish list would include the FF three-pack I mentioned above, a female superheroes set (Invisible Girl repro, She-Hulk, Black Widow) a Daredevil set (Daredevil figure, Bullseye head, Matt Murdock head) a Goblin set (Goblin repro, Norman head, Hobgoblin head), Peter Parker's girlfriends set (Black Cat figure, MJ head, Gwen Stacy head), and a Doctor Strange set (Doc in the Ditko style, a Dormammu head and a Barn Mordo head.) But it all depends on whether or not EMCE can give us more than one separate character in a set, or if they're bound for some reason to do three versions of the same character in each set. If it's the latter then, well, hopefully we'll get the Goblin anyway.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Cap ,Thor and Iron Man are more popular than they ever have been! they will sell just a good as Spiderman will

and 3,000 pieces is not alot at all....in fact,that is quite a low number in the manufacturing process.I wouldn't wait for discounts

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

^^melkorjunior, I had kind of come to the same conclusion about the FF and Hulk. I've not read were it is a certainty for female characters.

All we can hope is that these sets do so well that Hasbro or Diamond, whomever is placing so many stipulations on Production, relents on the stringent requirements, once it's seen these figures aren't stealing sales from the master license holder.

One possibility might be a Mr. fantastic figure with a Johnny Storm head and costume and Torch head and costume, if the license allows for more than one character in a set.

Similarly, a Hulk/thing set could be made if the Hulk has a green body suit and Docs muscle body is modified to allow interchangeable hands/fists.

And if Female characters are on the table, do a repro Invisibile Girl (the lone MARVEL mego female) with Spider Woman and Black Widow (or whatever characters) heads and suits packed in.

Another possibility might be single character head, hands and costume packs. Technically it's not a figure and would only appeal to those who have already bought a deluxe set for the body, thus not competing with other Hasbro and Diamond select figures.
                Last edited by madmarva; Apr 25, '14, 4:41 PM.

Comment

• nubee
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 15, 2010

Some places are selling it for $70.00 (Amoktime, BBTS). I'm still unsure if I should get on the band wagon even at $70.00. Spidey was my first Mego that my pop got me. I still remember it was from a toy store near the Manhattan Bridge on the Manhattan side. I can't remember if it was with or without the circle.

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

Since these figures will only be sold in specialty stores, I don't think we're going to see the deep discounts on the retail price of the Spidey figure like we've seen with the Mattel Remegoes because even if they don't sell well, there won't be the overstock that will need to be dumped.

There were a lot more than 3000 pieces of each Mattel remego made. Remember, the item was made to Be sold in Toysrus, which services many more customers than the comic book stores and online stores that will carry this Spidey figure.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not predicting this figure will be rare or hard to find, but there won't be excess stock dumped at discount prices to discount retailers like what happened with Mattel's DC Remegoes.

Comment

• puckace
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Feb 5, 2009

If they can include more than one character in a set, I think the Falcon could be done with Retro and modern costumes and a Black Panther head and suit. I always wanted more MEGO classic Avengers.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

I would like to see this three pack:
                        * Black Panther
                        * Falcon
                        * 3-d man or Black Golaith
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Ivaniski
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 24, 2007

I like how Peter Parker looks in this pic, and the Retro Cap'n America looks O.K. However, we need a 70's Cap'n America with a different head sculpt.

Comment

• MegoMoe
                            • Feb 13, 2014

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but if FTC can give us a great figure for $25, Diamond should be giving us 3 figures for $80, not one and 2 extra outfits.
                            Or at least throw in 2 figures and 1 extra outfit.

Comment

• TomStrong
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2011

Does it say $39.99 and winter 2014? I thought there would be a similar style three pack with all thes but the res makes it blurry.

Comment

• pmwasson
                                Maker
                                • Sep 12, 2007

Pretty sure it say $80.00
                                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎