Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason73
    Correctamundo!
    • Jan 11, 2009

Very exciting. I really hope The Incredible Hulk is in the works.
    Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by bgiles73
      Hmmm...I wonder if that other big franchise that Disney recently acquired could end up seeing Mego style action figures?
      Incredibles 2 is going to be made. Would love to see them made in Mego style.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Wise4671
        4 a year at $80 a set is good no need to make it to where some of us cant get them.
        Exactly. At $80, make that $130 with international shipping (20) and possibly customs (30), I'm already struggling.
        It's an amazing feat that these will get made, and $80 is a decent price for all the stuff you're getting, but separate figures would have been easier for me, and four sets per year will be more than enough.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• MEMEGO
          Career Member
          • Sep 6, 2007

For the price point this figure seems to be low in quality, the peter outfit looks awkward/weird on the figure, the pants look to big and not made for the figure, the newer version of spider man looks so bad, like something i made or some child made from spare parts. Hell the famous cover spiderman looked better, the circle spiderman figure looks good. But is this worth 80 bucks? Nope. I sure wish companies would stop ripping buyers off by giving us inferior products and just give us a good quality item like the zica buck rogers, the dc figures inc. And of course hot toys which set the standards for perfection.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

^ that's more than a bit unfair MEMEGO. the photo is just a prototype. wait until you see the final product before you call it inferior

Comment

• Vinny0026
              Year Five!!
              • Jan 26, 2012

Wow - a lot of good information in this thread.

Congrats to all of those involved with this line and project.

First off I'm glad to see Marvel Megos again.
              The Price is a little high - but I would be lying if I said I would not grab some of these. I grabbed Spidy all ready and I would grab Cap and the rest of the avengers in a heartbeat.

The rest I would pick and choose - but odds are I would get a bunch. How about a Johnny Blaze and Ghost Rider!!

I just hope pre-orders do not become an issue.
              I have had some issues with diamond orders in the past (that I reserved them but some of my orders were not filled)

So as long as we can get these with no issues - than I'm on board for what I can afford.
              "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• boss
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 18, 2003

If you buy the set, I'll buy the Peter Parker from you.

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                My thought on the $80.00 is...
                If all I want is Circle Suit Spidey, I get 2 more Doc Mego bodies, and put Peter Parker and the modern Spider-Man on Ebay. I'm sure there will be lots of loose stuff available, the longer they are out there.
                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• VulcansFury
                  Museum Patron
                  • Mar 6, 2014

$80?? Sorry but no way. 3 figures with bodies run around $60, here we're missing 2 bodies and paying more for a few accessories. As someone else said, $55 feels more correct. I'm passing on this price. Such a shame.

Comment

• alex
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 15, 2009

to be truthful, Id only want the Peter Parker as well

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Three FTC heroes will set you back $74.97. Cool accessories in a boxed set.......I don't think the price point is that off.

Comment

• VinMan
                        Career Member Mego Maniac
                        • Sep 6, 2012

$80 is too high. No way... Look at the 1966 Batman wave. For $25 we are all set.

Comment

• melkorjunior
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Apr 20, 2014

Originally posted by MEMEGO
                          For the price point this figure seems to be low in quality, the peter outfit looks awkward/weird on the figure, the pants look to big and not made for the figure...

Every Mego ever released that wore a shirt and pants had the same baggy look to the clothes--the Secret Identity figures are the standard here. I'm sure EMCE could have made the shirt and pants fit a bit tighter, but then Peter wouldn't have the Mego look and would seem out of place on the shelf. Check out the re-releases FTC is doing on Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson. Same kind of fit on the clothes. That's just the way Megos have always looked. as for the modern Spider-man figure, I agree the costume is a bit baggy but I think that's a prototype.

For everything we're getting here, $80 is fair. If we tried to replicate everything in this set using spare parts it would cost a lot more.

Comment

• megonaught
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 29, 2008

Thats what i am hoping for.
                            I want the mego reissue.
                            The other stuff, not so much.

Originally posted by jayraytee
                            I will buy as many of these as I can, but I sure hope the entire line of figures isn't $80 a pop. I can't follow that price for long, I hope there are some reissues of just the classic figure alone.
                            Action Jackson is his name.
                            Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                              Year Five!!
                              • Jan 26, 2012

I know the price point must have had a lot to do with Disney, Marvel & Hasbro.

Marvel/Disney/Hasbro does not want to compete with price points against their own products.
                              No doubt they said these had to be priced higher.

I get the price points - its a little high - but it is fair (its not a great deal by any means)

What I don't get is - why they could not just throw the 2 extra bodies in the set. Really what would it have cost them?
                              Maybe 5 bucks? at that rate it would have been about 25.00 per figure which is fair. Had they done that I think most people would have been ok with the price per set.

You will never please everyone here
                              and I understand not everyone wants all the parts in the set. But it sounds like this was the only way Disney/Marvel/ Hasbro was going to let this happen.

Again They do not want to loose sales on the Hasbro figures just to make a few bucks to lease out the rights.

That said - I'm always making Spidy customs - anyone who will be selling off the extra parts, heads and hands I would be interested in buying
                              There seems to be a few figures and or customs you can NEVER have enough of for some reason
                              Spidy, Captain America and Batman. I can't even count how many variations I have of those 3 guys.
                              "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

$80 seems to be the sticking point...but it's also where Marvel dictated the price needs to be. My suggestion? After this first wave, ditch the extra hands and accessories and just release themed multi packs of three complete figures. If folks didn't have to spring for two extra bodies the price tage would be much easier to swallow.

Hulk with Leader and Banner, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎