Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

I can fix most of the problems, but the hair. No idea how to make the hair look styled and untangled. How does one do this. After giving this set another look, I am mostly pleased. I can see the thought and care put into creating this set, I think some of it was lost to costs and execution. Also, these bodies are strung way too tight. They are libel to start snapping as time passes.

Comment

• longscarf72
      • Jul 20, 2011

I mailed mine back yesterday to FTC asking for a replacement. Hopefully I'll get one with better elbows. Trying to keep positive...

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

I was told once that for a Barbie that had "played with" hair, the best option was Downy and water in a spray bottle.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Teemu

because with FTC,we have no choice....It's either accept what they make as is, fix it and make it better, or just don't buy it

You have 3 choices

1.Buy them and accept them as they are
          2.Buy them and upgrade them to make them better
          3.Don't buy them at all

you have 3 options

1.Buy them and accept them as they are
          2.Buy them,upgrade them, and make them better
          3.Don't buy them at all

Why not just make this your signature ?

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by warlock664
            Why not just make this your signature ?
            does the truth bother you?

Comment

• doink1
              • Jul 31, 2014

What truth? You stated "it is what it is". Most people on this thread are unhappy with a product that is poorly made and want quality control or yes they will stop buying. Figures toy company monitors this board. If they don't, they are not smart. The prices have gone up and the shotty work is all over their products now. Here's another entry for your list.

4) If you can't spot the sucker in a room, it's you

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by doink1
                What truth? You stated "it is what it is". Most people on this thread are unhappy with a product that is poorly made and want quality control or yes they will stop buying. Figures toy company monitors this board. If they don't, they are not smart. The prices have gone up and the shotty work is all over their products now. Here's another entry for your list.

4) If you can't spot the sucker in a room, it's you
                All I am reading is a bunch of whining by certain people and their complaints are very valid as I never said they were not

but what I said is the truth and you know it.FTC is NOT going to change anything if they haven't by now

and What makes me the sucker? I buy it and FIX it! Some of you buy it and do nothing and keep coming back for more!

Comment

• warlock664
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 15, 2009

does the truth bother you?
                  Truth?!
                  Nah, just bored by the repetition. Learn a new song.

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by warlock664
                    Truth?!
                    Nah, just bored by the repetition. Learn a new song.
                    I am telling it like it is....

You guys want FTC to change,speak with your Dollar! That is the bottom line.How do you like my new song?

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by doink1
                      What truth? You stated "it is what it is". Most people on this thread are unhappy with a product that is poorly made and want quality control or yes they will stop buying. Figures toy company monitors this board. If they don't, they are not smart. The prices have gone up and the shotty work is all over their products now.
                      It makes a difference. In the latest fist fighter wave, I bought three GL's, because the figure was done fairly well with a proportional head (and will likely get more when the standard body version comes out). I only bought one Manhunter from Mars because the head is so oversized, even though J'Onn is a favorite character of mine. Had he been done properly, I would have bought multiples. I likely would have gotten more multiples of Flash if the head was a little smaller. This is happening a lot with FTC; I would have gotten at least one extra Jimmy if the head was just a tad smaller, and same with Perry (who's more than just a tad big) or Alfred (who's ridiculously macroencephallic). On the other hand, they did a good job ob Korak, with a nice, proportionate head and a slightly smaller, shorter body, so, even though I'm not a big fan of the character, I bought more than one. And I'll likely pick up a couple extra Lois Lanes because the hairstyle is unique on a standard female head. With Batgirl, I would also have been tempted to get multiples, but the moment I saw the prototype, I balked, and am now glad I did.

From me alone, FTC has lost a LOT of sales, simply because I would buy multiples of good figures with an eye toward future customs; or sometimes because I like the character enough to want them in multiple displays. Batgirl would have been such a figure, but she turned out so badly I'm almost regretting getting the one I've got coming from Big Bad. On the other hand, Barbara turned out at least decently, and I'll likely get all three of the versions we'll be seeing of her. Had she been as bad as Batgirl, that wouldn't happen.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

I figured out what the second hole in her head is for!

P1050131.jpg

Comment

• BATMAN89
                          Mego obsessed!!!
                          • Jul 20, 2010

I was hoping that when I saw pictures of the actual figure, that I would like her better, but the face still bothers me.
                          I may have to pass on her. :(
                          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 3, 2010

I just received her as a gift. I have not opened her yet. She looks great in the package , no issues others have had.
                            mego's befo ho's

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                              I figured out what the second hole in her head is for!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18025[/ATTACH]
                              YESS!!! I knew it!!
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• longscarf72
                                • Jul 20, 2011

Originally posted by longscarf72
                                I mailed mine back yesterday to FTC asking for a replacement. Hopefully I'll get one with better elbows. Trying to keep positive...
                                Got a replacement Batgirl in the mail today. Elbows still loose but not cracked, so I'm accepting it as a design flaw. The hair doesn't look too bad this time around--not like a rat's nest as before.

At least FTC was quick about sending it back. The entire process was under a week.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎