Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I root heads all the time, you just do it thru the neck hole. I even did a beard once the same way. There is no logical excuse for the second hole
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

Mystery solved: This is Toycade's latest exclusive. It's from the episode where Batgirl dumps O.J.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 15, 2010

Originally posted by Teemu
        The whole Batgirl thing is being way over blown.....you guys want Mego-ish type figures and yet you want "Hot Toys" looking 8" Mego figures for $30

Batgirl is a good figure and gets better with a body swap.She is no different then the rest of what FTC has been putting out and yet you guys still buy that
        Okay, Mr. , ease up on the condescension. Take these thoughts from someone who has been collecting toys since 1964:

I don't demand Hot Toys quality for $30; I demand the same quality for $30 as I got from FTC for $25, just two years ago ( '66 Batman, Robin, etc.) The figure I received is riddled with QC issues, but the head with two holes takes the cake. It is clear to me that FTC was originally going to have the hair come out from under the cowl, but made a production change without correcting the tooling.
        sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• doink1
          • Jul 31, 2014

That is horrible! All those heads should have been recalled. I'm done with FTC. $30 for outfits and heads. Enjoy the cash grab while it last FTC... You're paper cutting yourselves to death

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by The Batman Professor
            Okay, Mr. , ease up on the condescension. Take these thoughts from someone who has been collecting toys since 1964:

I don't demand Hot Toys quality for $30; I demand the same quality for $30 as I got from FTC for $25, just two years ago ( '66 Batman, Robin, etc.) The figure I received is riddled with QC issues, but the head with two holes takes the cake. It is clear to me that FTC was originally going to have the hair come out from under the cowl, but made a production change without correcting the tooling.

you have 3 options

1.Buy them and accept them as they are
            2.Buy them,upgrade them, and make them better
            3.Don't buy them at all

I chose option 2..FTC is not gonna change anything if they haven't by now

Comment

• houseofdracula
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 11, 2011

My Wife isn't a Mego fan, she never played with or collected them as a kid.
              She puts up with mine and even thinks it's "cute" .
              She was never impressed with the likenesses or the quality of the Batman 66 line or any Mego type figure.
              I don't guess many women get it.

That being said, I emailed her this photo this morning while she was at work and she thinks that Batgirl looks better than the rest of the figures in this line.
              batgirl 029.jpg

I asked my 18 year old Son (who couldn't care less about action figures)
              and he thinks that Batgil looks the best in this wave but not the entire series.

This thread is starting to remind me of the Presidential debates.
              The board is divided over this one doll.

If I hated this figure as much as some here seem to, I'd ask FTC for a return / refund and be done with it.
              Last edited by houseofdracula; Mar 25, '16, 6:03 PM.
              The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
              https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• blue devils
                • Jun 9, 2015

I am happy with my series 5 set. I will open Batgirl and adjust her belt, maybe come her hair a little, then back in the clamshell she goes. I have collected on and off for more than 30 years and I always liked the mego's better on the blister cards than having them loose.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

well, got mine today. One hip, one knee and one foot joint all locked up solid. Guess I will do a transplant. And man do I hate the female hands that don't match the color of the molded gloves or push in all the way into the arms
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 15, 2010

you have 3 options

1.Buy them and accept them as they are
                    2.Buy them,upgrade them, and make them better
                    3.Don't buy them at all

I chose option 2..FTC is not gonna change anything if they haven't by now
                    Well Chuckles, this is the first figure I've purchased from FTC that I've had serious issue with. Simply put, the second aperture on the head is indefensible. No "body swap upgrade" is going to solve that, so keep laughing.
                    sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by The Batman Professor
                      Well Chuckles, this is the first figure I've purchased from FTC that I've had serious issue with. Simply put, the second aperture on the head is indefensible. No "body swap upgrade" is going to solve that, so keep laughing.
                      You CANNOT even see the holes under the head So I will keep on laughing

Her hair covers the back portion of the head and her suit rides up enough that you wouldn't even know the hole is there.

Bottom line, the main fault of this figure is the crappy FTC female body.she needs a body upgrade.Period!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

So, the body quality is paramount for you, but others' concerns are unwarranted? Any questions of business ethics or aesthetics pale in comparison?

I don't think that's true. But of course this is a highly-opinionated discussion, there's no disputing taste.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          So, the body quality is paramount for you, but others' concerns are unwarranted? Any questions of business ethics or aesthetics pale in comparison?

I don't think that's true. But of course this is a highly-opinionated discussion, there's no disputing taste.
                          The concerns are unwarranted when there are some calling this a pile of crap when it's not the case

Looks like a GREAT figure to me

100_7533_0001.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Specific concerns are not unwarranted, any more than yours are, regardless of hyperbole.

I don't think the figure is "crap," but it has elements IMO that any self-respecting manufacturer could and should have addressed prior to shipping. The bodies you rail against, by your own admission, are easily replaced with attractive results. Other "fixes," which in fact shouldn't be needed in a well-designed, properly manufactured product, are not so accessible or economical.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 14, 2010

That is NOT how the figure looks coming out of the package. Her hair is awful. Her body is worse. An action figure should be able to pose easily, stand straight, and be flexible. This figure can't do any of that. It is a pile of crap. If you transfer it to a different body maybe it can be better, but at 30.00 a pop none of us should have to do that. FTC has been in the game long enough to fix these problems. Stop making excuses for them.

Comment

• doink1
                                • Jul 31, 2014

You CANNOT even see the holes under the head So I will keep on laughing

Her hair covers the back portion of the head and her suit rides up enough that you wouldn't even know the hole is there.

Bottom line, the main fault of this figure is the crappy FTC female body.she needs a body upgrade.Period!
                                Would you buy a new coat with huge holes in the armpits? You can't see them. The quality of these figures is garbage and you know it. After upgrades and shipping charges... $50 dollar figures. That's ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎