Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megomania
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 2, 2010

Concern??!! It's two neck holes for the price of one! Bonus! Gift horse meet mouth. :/

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by longscarf72
      Just curious, but has anyone commented about this figure directly to FTC on their website? Do reps from the company ever check these boards? I'm just wondering because it seems to me that FTC isn't getting the message about recurring issues--or perhaps they're just ignoring customer concerns (which doesn't make sense).
      I don't think there is anything they will do

They continue to use CHEAP,crappily strung bodies and continue to charge a premium.Nothing will change that.

As the figures themselves,I think the 66 Batman line is excellent,even with some flaws as I am having fun with them after the body swap...I think Batgirl is a nice addition even with her flaws.Ultimately,it's the bodies that need to go or change.

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Toycade
        I know I sell these and could be perceived as having a bias. Totally fair. But...we just got these in and the heads are perfectly fine.
        So you did receive these today? Why didn't I receive my shipping notification and/or tracking number then?

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
          I can only guess that the original neck hole, which looks to be the one in the back of the head, under her hair, wasn't supposed to be that far back so they (the factory?) cut/melted a new hole under her chin. The other Batgirl 66 figure I got is the same so I assume that they all may be like that. Between this issue, the fact that the body refuses to stand straight, the sloppy sewing, loose left elbow, rough sculpt (Whoever did the head sculpt for this figure should be shown the door immediately!) and overall shoddy workmanship, I am just amazed and so so very disappointed. And the really surprising thing about all of this? Her head isn't as freakishly large as I had thought it was going to be!
          Guessing the sculptor was the all powerful "The Farrow" not sure why he is such a fan favorite as I have seen some really weak stuff from him. This figure is just such a pile of crap.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

I am at a loss for words on that hole. Was the hole not assigned properly on the prototype? How does that happen? Definitely a defect that should have been addressed before okaying mass production. There's no way to justify that kind of sloppiness.

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

Is it done in such a way that you could pull the hair down through it? Double the hair by pulling it down and shortening it by half?

JeffBearCO

Comment

• darkbros
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 3, 2012

Seeing those pics from lilbrosj, I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

That is the shoddiest work I've EVER seen on an action figure period.

So I'm guessing it went like this......QC Manager: "Hey Anthony, The Chinese really screwed the pooch on these Batgirls. Do we cancel orders and fix the issues and ship them in the next wave?"
                Anthony: "Naw, the people who get these figures complain anyway, what's one or two more complaints?" *SHRUGS*
                "hopefully the majority will NEVER open them....."

MASSIVE FACEPALM!!! lol
                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

There does seem to be a mentality that if the figures come out with flaws, the hard core collectors will fix them after the fact and use that for bragging rights.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

That tears it! I am NOT ordering this piece of crap. I will ask Jessica if she will make one for me. FTC should be ashamed of themselves for peddling this crap.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                      Is it done in such a way that you could pull the hair down through it? Double the hair by pulling it down and shortening it by half?

JeffBearCO
                      No. There is too much "hood" material between where the hair is rooted and the hole for that to ever look right. It would look like she had hair coming out of two different areas of her hood. And the hair SHOULD have been rooted to come out from the bottom of her hood, not the back, 1/3 of the way up her head. It just looks ridiculous. This is seriously one of the worst head designs EVER and whoever sculpted it, whoever approved the sculpt AND whoever approved the "correction" for the incorrect hole location should be ashamed of themselves! Any number of customizers on this site could have done a much better job.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 15, 2010

Got mine today - sloppy job, FTC.

Concerned about Catwoman now.
                        sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• houseofdracula
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 11, 2011

Okay, my wave 5 arrived about an hour ago.

Hands down, I think that O'Hara is the best figure in this wave, I really like him.
                          My opinion, Barbara is the worst.
                          I didn't like the fact that her shoes won't stay on.
                          Easy fix with small pieces of double sided scotch tape.
                          batgirl 024.jpg
                          Removable cowl Batman is fine.
                          Since they never appeared like this on the show, I'm thinking of removing the capes and getting them some bathrobes and sun glasses to make them look like Adam & Burt relaxing off set.
                          batgirl 017.jpg
                          Okay, Batgirl,...
                          I don't think that I'll make any friends with this post because I don't think that she's as bad as some others do.
                          Yes, there is an extra hole in the back/bottom of her head BUT you don't see it unless you look for it.
                          The belt, another easy fix.
                          The hair can be brushed too.
                          My biggest issue was that Batgirl (and Barbara) were both stiff in the knees.
                          I had to take a hair dryer to them to loosen the knee joints.

I don't want these figures to get ruined so I don't play with them and I try not to handle them all that much.
                          If you do play with your figures, I can see why you might be upset but if you just pose and display them, you shouldn't have too much of a problem.
                          (just my opinion).
                          batgirl 002.jpgbatgirl 029.jpgbatgirl 008.jpg
                          Again, I wish that they would have done Batgirl's gloves like they did with the Jayna figure.
                          I saw online where someone bought the Jayna figure so that he could use the gloves with Batgirl.
                          I don't think that I care to go that far.
                          I can live with the way it is, I suppose.
                          Last edited by houseofdracula; Mar 25, '16, 11:28 AM.
                          The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                          https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

I'll get it. And probably the Wonder Woman figures as they come out as well. I've waited too long for these to be stubborn about it.

But there are a limited number of figures that I'll take that attitude on.

I draw the line at Martian Manhunter. His head is comically huge! The only cure for that one is to replace his head completely. It would not even look in scale on the muscle body.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

The whole Batgirl thing is being way over blown.....you guys want Mego-ish type figures and yet you want "Hot Toys" looking 8" Mego figures for $30

Batgirl is a good figure and gets better with a body swap.She is no different then the rest of what FTC has been putting out and yet you guys still buy that

Comment

• houseofdracula
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by Teemu
                                The whole Batgirl thing is being way over blown.....
                                Now that I've seen it in person, I can agree.
                                The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                                https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎