Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Maybe there are two holes in the head because she's supposed to have two bodies. Nobody ever brings that up!
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by doink1
      Would you buy a new coat with huge holes in the armpits? You can't see them. The quality of these figures is garbage and you know it. After upgrades and shipping charges... $50 dollar figures. That's ridiculous.
      The bodies are garbage....I've said that a million times already

The heads and outfits are GOOD quality and once on better bodies (Like the S-type and Cheetah) the figures are great.I have posted pics to prove that

It is what it is....I agree that for $30 we should get better bodies for the money,but it doesn't change the fact that these become nicer figures when upgraded on better bodies

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by rlkrefft
        That is NOT how the figure looks coming out of the package. Her hair is awful. Her body is worse. An action figure should be able to pose easily, stand straight, and be flexible. This figure can't do any of that. It is a pile of crap. If you transfer it to a different body maybe it can be better, but at 30.00 a pop none of us should have to do that. FTC has been in the game long enough to fix these problems. Stop making excuses for them.
        complain to FTC

You have 3 choices

1.Buy them and accept them as they are
        2.Buy them and upgrade them to make them better
        3.Don't buy them at all

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

almost 7000 views on this thread - that's gotta tell FTC something. All they'll pay attention to is that we are talking about them. I'm not a total hater - I do like some of the stuff they do, such as the 66' Tut wave - but I'm not paying retail for their stuff. I've not bought FTC since Mad Hatter wave - and that was second hand as last year's mego meet. I guess my mindset would be different if I had disposable income to blow, or I felt like blowing up my credit card on toys - but c'mon...their prices went up to $29.99 each and their quality doesn't even come close to NECA's 8" $29.99 figures.... $14.99 is all an FTC figure is worth. I have someone close to me who should scream out loud and join the ranks of dis-satisfied FTC customers who've received damaged product and reached out to them for support. Their customer service sucks - he got one line in a return email, something to the tune of "send back for replacement". No Apology, no offer to pay return shipping, nothing in the lines of true customer service caring. Eff FTC - the poor guy didn't feel like getting into a pizzing match with them over a $24.99 (plus shipping) fish that came in a perfect mailing box, ALL freaking scratched up by many different colors and a busted part on his end....it now sits in the same shipping box, but out in a garage instead of inside as part of his collection. I've been raised that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it, so I stay out of the bashing for the most part - and I wish not to be Capt. Bring-me-down on the boards and cause mods grief...but FTC is simply a horribly run company. I understand that is my opinion and opinions are like *******s and everyone has one..but my god, look at the amount of dis-satisfaction on these boards. The negatives have to out weight the positives. Not a day goes by I don't wish Dr Mego would have gotten the golden carrot to license the whole damn catalog like FTC did....

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

Yep. I have bought one figure since the fist fighting green arrow came out. Before that I was buying everything. Their quality has always been bad, it has improved some since the original CTTV days... but not enough for the upped prices. I think some overlook a LOT because it's the closest thing we've had to a reMego line and FTC does seem to intend on putting a lot out. But I think anyone that is honest can see both the good and the bad. They are good at knowing their market, they are good at planning an extensive line.... they atre bad in the price vs quality department, and in my opinion they have a terrible tendancy towards just repackaging the same things over and over. (Oh the original Batman is discontinued....oh wait, no he just came out in a different package, and oh another one... and oh another one.) I am a completest, but I will drop out of buyig a line if I feel someone is playing me. If they didn't play that game and just made quality figures of tons of different characters, I would buy them all.
            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• lilbrosj66
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
              I don't even know where to begin, Part 2:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17918[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17919[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17920[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17921[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17922[/ATTACH]
              I give credit where credit is due and I will say this loud and clear:OVERALL, I am satisfied with most of what FTC has put out. Hell, with some of the pieces I have been downright thrilled! Some of their figures, especially in the '66 line have been absolutely beautiful. They are of good quality with spot on sculpts, correct size heads and costumes that are beyond what I expected.

I would also attribute my OVERALL satisfaction to the fact that, and I'm sure this is true for many of us here, they are really the only game in town and have brought us, and continue to bring us, fun figures. Figures that we never imagined seeing in this format.

That being said, I challenge ANYONE to look at this set of pictures again and say this isn't just about the worst of the worst in artistry, craftsmanship and quality when it comes to head sculpts. Come on! There is no way. NO WAY at all that is is acceptable for the money paid. There is no excuse. Period. The roughness of the sculpt? She has CHUNKS missing from her jaw line and cheeks! A 5th grader could have put a smoother finish on her hood with play-doh, a finger and spit! And to think that it is in anyway acceptable to MELT a hole in a BRAND NEW figures head, for whatever the reason, and not expect people to complain? Seriously? This isn't just about the body on this figure. The pictures prove that.

As much as I want to support FTC and collect figures, I will be much more selective with what figures I buy from them in the future. I don't want to miss out on great figures and great packaging art but if future figures are of this quality, I will be doing more of my own customs and supporting more of the great customizers we have here. They will get my money instead of FTC.

FTC, you are better than this. You have proven it time and time again and then you turn around and put out put out garbage like this and just turn a deaf ear. Shame on you.
              Last edited by lilbrosj66; Mar 26, '16, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^ My sentiments, exactly.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

I got my Batgirl today and "Surf's Up" Barbara Gordon. Barbara is fine nice head sculpt likeness of Yvonne as is Batgirl.

Batgirl's hair and cape are longer than on show but it does not bother me. I like her shiny purple bodysuit which is tight making the standard female body look smaller. I also like her gold belt and purple shoes. Her gloves look small.

I waited 3 years for FTC 66 Batgirl. Not as good as I expected but Mego-like. Grade B-

I will buy both regular and bride Barbara figures, too. Yvonne was cute!

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

I will be painting her belt pouches yellow to make her pop more and be more show accurate

Batman-66-Batgirl-Maquette-Statue.jpg

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

^^yes she was ,I bought the two barbaras and batgirl along with the others ,and will get the bride figure .The standard barbera looks like she
                      stepped right out of the sixties with her outfit, purse ,she just cant keep her shoes on ,like Loise lane her feet are made for the high heels.which
                      probably should have been made to fit better to stay on .but their nice figures ,as for stiff joints on these female bodies ,just a little pressure the
                      first time and they work fine ,

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

I keep thinking "maybe they planned on an RC Batgirl" where the helmet part would contain the red hair and it would "pop" off to reveal Babs Gordon. So depending on which is display is which neckhole is used.

Then I realize how nuts that sounds as it's insanely complicated. So maybe the factory thought they were making one Batgirl/Babs set instead of two. Who knows.

If they can't fix QC this far into the DC production it means they can't afford to.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
                          If they can't fix QC this far into the DC production it means they can't afford to.
                          You're not the only person I've heard that from. I can only say, I'd wish they slow production a bit and do some tweaking.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            You're not the only person I've heard that from. I can only say, I'd wish they slow production a bit and do some tweaking.
                            I'm with you. I won't rant and rave anymore about THIS figure but I for one would have rather waited an extra 6 months, even more, and gotten a really great sculpt that didn't have these issues.

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

I wonder how much the cost of getting Yvonne Craig's likeness has pushed FTC to recoup some of that cost by pushing product. I know people have been waiting for Craig figures, but Batgirl and Barbara in the same series, Surf's Up Barbara, Toycade Wedding Dress Barbara exclusive... That's hitting the use of the likeness hard. It's seems like it is either recouping cost as fast as possible, or there is a limited window that FTC can use Craig's likeness.

Comment

• houseofdracula
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by tllgn
                                she just cant keep her shoes on ,like Loise lane her feet are made for the high heels.which
                                probably should have been made to fit better to stay on
                                This was an issue for me too.
                                I used small pieces of double sided scotch tape on the bottoms of her feet to keep them on.
                                The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                                https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎