Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

I have to wonder, given how much we all anticipated this figure, and now how let down we are, if this particular thread will break any type of record for number of replies?

Comment

• houseofdracula
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 11, 2011

Okay, I know that I started this mess by praising the figure as shown in this photo.
      1782112_10100734293516883_7602994346003671196_n.jpg

Since then, other photos have been posted where she doesn't look as good as in the above photo.
      Why is it that her head doesn't look gigantic in the above photo?
      I doubt the person who originally posted it replaced the head.

Thus, I've decided that I'm just going to wait until I have the figure in my hand before I make a judgment.
      The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
      https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• rlkrefft
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 14, 2010

I really hope FTC sees these posts. They seem so totally clueless at times. Toycade, you should let them know about the fans disappointments in Batgirl. You have a relationship with them. People not buying their toys will hurt your business as well, especially if they sucker you into an exclusive Batgirl. All the pics I have seen of her have her sleeves outside of her gloves. Her cape is way too long. Head too big, hair is a hot mess. I mean really, it's disgraceful, and a total diss to Yvonne.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

This is weird, the face looks better than the prototype, but her hair is way to long and cape should be shorter,
          not digging her hand/gloves, although costume looks good, female bodies will never be right either, on a scale between 1-10, I would give this no higher than a 6 and that's a shame since I always loved Batgirl. Maybe all is not lost just yet, maybe FTC will release a better version later on, like in a 2 pack with Catwoman. Speaking of, I'm a bit nervous on how she will come out.

Comment

• Agent4125
            Museum Super Collector
            • Aug 23, 2007

Originally posted by houseofdracula
            Why is it that her head doesn't look gigantic in the above photo?
            Maybe that person did swap the body?
            Or the way the cape covers part of the body helps? And the way the belt covers her hips?
            Or that person is such a great photographer that he can make look her better?

Maybe it's even a combination of all these things? I don't know.

My set hasn't even shipped. And it will take some time to get here (Europe).
            I still hope that she looks slightly better when having her in my hand...

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

mine has arrived and the head is not as bad as everyone is making it to be

Comment

• rlkrefft
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 14, 2010

How do her gloves look? Did yours arrive with the sleeves torn out from the gloves? Is there a way to put the sleeves back into the gloves?

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by rlkrefft
                  How do her gloves look? Did yours arrive with the sleeves torn out from the gloves? Is there a way to put the sleeves back into the gloves?
                  playing with them now....her gloves are a molded piece attached to the arm.....FTC FAIL!

Now I am going to have to figure out how I am going to attach the arm to another body

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                    Radioactive!
                    • Feb 13, 2010

If you look at Batgirl's head straight on, it's not as bad. If you look at it from any other angle it looks much worse. From side to side it looks a little oversized, but from front to back is where it becomes ridiculous. As long as I only see her from dead-on straight I can live with the head although if I had known how awful it would be from any other angle I would have passed. Also, I placed the cape in such a way that makes her neck and shoulders look a bit bigger and that helps, as well as taking some length off her hair. The belt can be opened a little bit to fit better as well. Very disappointing over all---I won't preorder Catwoman and will need to see multiple angles of the finished product before I decide whether or not to purchase.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 14, 2010

Would love to see your photos of how you fixed the hair.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 14, 2010

Ugh, so the sleeve is just glued to the arm and comes unglued and we are screwed? Why wouldn't they give her gloves like Batman and Robin got? I don't get it.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Ugh, so the sleeve is just glued to the arm and comes unglued and we are screwed? Why wouldn't they give her gloves like Batman and Robin got? I don't get it.
                          sleeves are not glued

Comment

• rlkrefft
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 14, 2010

So they just match up to where the gloves meet? I sure hope so. I still can't believe the gloves are molded on. Have they ever done that before on a female figure? No doubt Catwomen will be the same:(

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

So they just match up to where the gloves meet? I sure hope so. I still can't believe the gloves are molded on. Have they ever done that before on a female figure? No doubt Catwomen will be the same:(
                              Yes,they do match up where the gloves meet

so far so good...I am converting her to the Cheetah body now

Arm swap successful using the cheetah pins (using hair dyer)

Comment

• houseofdracula
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by Teemu
                                mine has arrived and the head is not as bad as everyone is making it to be
                                Please post pics if you can.
                                The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                                https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎