The Mego Museum needs your help!
The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney Secret Wars set !?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mego9
    New Member
    • Dec 22, 2024
    • 2

    #46
    I'm disappointed in this set. These look bad in my opinion, just bad customs. They should have snuck these in with remakes of other characters.

    Comment

    • CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002
      • 3646

      #47
      Originally posted by wise guy

      I don't read the Newsletter so I am happy that the news got out . It's seems strange that members here get upset over news about Megos. I am a customer that buys Mego first and don't care if the Mego insiders wan't to play games with info or it has to come from a certain source. I don't buy these because I care about the sculptors info or because someone knows Doc
      personally .
      Yeah, but I have REALLY good info!
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

      Comment

      • wise guy
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2014
        • 1070

        #48
        Originally posted by CrimsonGhost

        Yeah, but I have REALLY good info!
        I know you do but you can't tell us so I look to others for info. Customer service
        I do like the head sculpts on Doc Ock and Rhino but not the baggy body suits. For myself waiting months to find out this is
        the next set is disappointing and I have picked up 4 of each first 3 sets but now plan to not buy this
        Last edited by wise guy; Oct 2, '26, 3:41 PM.

        Comment

        • Frenchy99
          Persistent Member
          • May 9, 2025
          • 1189

          #49
          This is from the Mego Museum FaceBook page:

          the Mego Marvel sets are already available at the California Disney Avengers store. Scott Rogers picked up a set and sent in these amazing pictures of the finished product.

          833060641_1111442191570029_357728045681349183_n.jpg 832557177_1844734879724430_879792430791852518_n.jpg 830544919_1110562431376766_2813326031260870015_n.jpg 834023236_1567254224668703_3395370778456479616_n.jpg 831455663_919630584333817_7343620907218486900_n.jpg

          Comment

          • Frenchy99
            Persistent Member
            • May 9, 2025
            • 1189

            #50
            Please dont look if it bothers you.

            834421219_810131048859525_599564730615601423_n.jpg 831705146_1091229789942081_9196538489060080448_n.jpg 832682191_10163001634705880_6170489548688499593_n.jpg

            The sets are $99.00 by the way.
            Last edited by Frenchy99; Oct 2, '26, 4:26 PM.

            Comment

            • Frenchy99
              Persistent Member
              • May 9, 2025
              • 1189

              #51
              Originally posted by CrimsonGhost

              Yeah, but I have REALLY good info!
              Can I ask which ones are your sculps in this set ?

              Comment

              • fossilfuse
                Museum Super Collector
                • Oct 27, 2008
                • 163

                #52
                So now the question is, what will be the next 20 figures (5 sets) that Paul mentioned:
                Falcon
                Dr Doom
                Black Panther
                Silver Surfer
                Magneto
                Cyclops
                Jean Grey
                Beast
                Hobgoblin
                Storm
                Venom
                Hawkeye
                Red Skull
                Loki
                Vision
                Dr. Strange
                Punisher
                Kingpin
                Scarlet Witch
                Black Widow

                Comment

                • Frenchy99
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 9, 2025
                  • 1189

                  #53
                  Originally posted by fossilfuse
                  So now the question is, what will be the next 20 figures (5 sets) that Paul mentioned:
                  Falcon
                  Dr Doom
                  Black Panther
                  Silver Surfer
                  Magneto
                  Cyclops
                  Jean Grey
                  Beast
                  Hobgoblin
                  Storm
                  Venom
                  Hawkeye
                  Red Skull
                  Loki
                  Vision
                  Dr. Strange
                  Punisher
                  Kingpin
                  Scarlet Witch
                  Black Widow
                  I think that there is one more set in the first 5 sets planned and another 5 sets commissioned. I might be wrong but that is how I understood it.

                  Comment

                  • CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002
                    • 3646

                    #54
                    Originally posted by Frenchy99

                    Can I ask which ones are your sculps in this set ?
                    Everything that is new. All four heads, Ocks collar, tentacles, and harness, and Mysterio’s gauntlets and the eyes on his cape.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

                    Comment

                    • Frenchy99
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 9, 2025
                      • 1189

                      #55
                      Originally posted by CrimsonGhost

                      Everything that is new. All four heads, Ocks collar, tentacles, and harness, and Mysterio’s gauntlets and the eyes on his cape.
                      Oh Wow !

                      Great work !

                      Love the Rhino head sculpt, it reminds me of the Rhino from the early 70s cartoon. If that is what you were aiming for, great success !

                      Mysterio looks great and really want to see Doc Ock up close. Head sculpt on him is amazing and really want to see the harness that holds his tentacles.

                      Two thumbs up !

                      Keep them coming !

                      I really want a Scorpion figure.

                      Comment

                      • sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009
                        • 6779

                        #56
                        I think your list seems plausible.

                        Possible omissions:
                        • I think Wolverine and Daredevil are virtually guaranteed, since Paul did a version for DST already.
                        • Namor is an easy figure to make and a popular enough character I think he might make a wave.
                        • Professor X seems like a figure you would want if you were doing X-Men, but the wheelchair may create practical limitations.
                        • Don't ignore the possibility of repeats like Spider-Man... Perhaps a Grey Hulk, stealth suit Cap, etc.
                        Skepticism:
                        • Kingpin never looks right to me on the standard Mego body offerings. I could see them doing it anyway, but the execution challenges may kill this one.
                        • Hobgoblin... I could make the case that already doing Green Goblin helps his case or hurts his case.
                        • A little skeptical about Venom as well.
                        • Mego seems to difficulty garnering interest in female characters. I am sure they will do some, but I suspect less than are on this list.

                        Comment

                        • TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011
                          • 9170

                          #57
                          I must admit, a bit disappointed, I wasn’t expecting this lineup. No Falcon, Doom or Black Panther? but I’m sure sales will be made.

                          I’m hearing another release of 4 more by December? pretty impressive if true, but not holding my breath.

                          Comment

                          • Dan2Dan
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 13, 2024
                            • 266

                            #58
                            Black Suit Spider-Man looks great in that photo of the new set 'in the wild' at a Disney store!

                            And, to agree with someone else above, I think the Rhino head sculpt definitely appears to be inspired by the 1967 Spider-Man cartoon, and is fantastically well done in that way. I love that cartoon, but the Rhino is maybe my least favorite 'famous' Spider-Man villain.

                            In contrast, Mysterio is one of my favorite Spider-Man villains. I'm not yet sure from that initial photo whether the new Mego figure is awesome or merely 'good.'

                            Doctor Octopus: man, I'm just not sure he's a character that fits the 'Mego style.'

                            Comment

                            • BudgetMego
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 29, 2025
                              • 625

                              #59
                              When I did my previous post, I hadn't read the entire thread. Didn't know more sets Beyond the original announced were planned. That'll teach me not to a quick post in work (naughty). If many more are planned, I hope they do a Bring On The Badguys set. Aside from Doom, we need Loki, Thanos and Ultron. Eventually when the new X-Men movies start, they can do the original X-Men, then the new, then the Brotherhood. Holy bankruptcy.

                              Comment

                              • BudgetMego
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2025
                                • 625

                                #60
                                I think the Rhino head is based on John Romita DR'S art.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎