The Mego Museum needs your help!
The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney Secret Wars set !?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wise guy
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2014
    • 1070

    #31
    They did'nt put out 5 sets in 2026 not sure he's serious. These are nice but I will save the money and pass . Dr Doom and Falcon were a must but like the first DC numegos these seem to be missing charm of the originals . They could have wen't with Daredevil and Punisher but they think Spidey will sell when set 1 is still up for sale today. Punisher and Hulk and Scorpion are the in New Movie not Rhino, Doc Ock, Mysterio. I will pass on future waves that are like this (very disappointed.) If these don't sell out than will see if Disney is going for more but it's hard to take the 5 sets seriously and sounds like he's joking
    because the others sets have takin much longer. No way they can do set 5 in Dec thats 2 months for production ?
    Last edited by wise guy; Oct 2, '26, 8:34 AM.

    Comment

    • Frenchy99
      Persistent Member
      • May 9, 2025
      • 1192

      #32
      Originally posted by wise guy
      They did'nt put out 5 sets in 2026 not sure he's serious. These are nice but I will save the money and pass . Dr Doom and Falcon were a must but like the first DC numegos these seem to be missing charm of the originals . They could have wen't with Daredevil and Punisher but they think Spidey will sell when set 1 is still up for sale today. Punisher and Hulk and Scorpion are the in New Movie not Rhino, Doc Ock, Mysterio. I will pass on future waves that are like this (very disappointed.) If these don't sell out than will see if Disney is going for more but it's hard to take the 5 sets seriously and sounds like he's joking
      because the others sets have takin much longer. No way they can do set 5 in Dec thats 2 months for production ?
      Pretty certain that this set was a last minute decision and the next Avenger set was planned for Dec.

      They did the Atlas figures within 2 months of planification so this is all possible in my mind. Pretty certain that our good Mego sculptors all had 3 or 4 sculpts of these figures on hand. lol

      Heres hoping for a great Mego Marvel X-mas !

      Comment

      • CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002
        • 3646

        #33
        Originally posted by Frenchy99

        Pretty certain that this set was a last minute decision and the next Avenger set was planned for Dec.

        They did the Atlas figures within 2 months of planification so this is all possible in my mind. Pretty certain that our good Mego sculptors all had 3 or 4 sculpts of these figures on hand. lol

        Heres hoping for a great Mego Marvel X-mas !
        So I can confirm that Paul isn’t joking about working on more sets.

        And I can also state that these weren’t a last minute decision. We started working on this set spring of 2025.

        I’ve had a factory sample set in hand for a couple months now and I’m really happy with how they turned out!
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

        Comment

        • Frenchy99
          Persistent Member
          • May 9, 2025
          • 1192

          #34
          Originally posted by CrimsonGhost

          So I can confirm that Paul isn’t joking about working on more sets.
          Amazing News !

          Originally posted by CrimsonGhost

          And I can also state that these weren’t a last minute decision. We started working on this set spring of 2025.
          ​

          Thank you for the clarifications.

          Originally posted by CrimsonGhost

          I’ve had a factory sample set in hand for a couple months now and I’m really happy with how they turned out!
          Lucky you, must be hard to have all this knowledge and not be able to speak about it. wow.

          Love what I see as sculpts goes. Will be ordering some sets on the 7th.

          Good work !​

          Comment

          • warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009
            • 2165

            #35
            Originally posted by Frenchy99
            Love that the Rhino is taller compare to the Hulk.

            New mold ?
            Looks to be the same body as Hulk and Thing to me.

            It’s a shame that the big reveal got spoiled here prior to the newsletter release.

            Comment

            • Frenchy99
              Persistent Member
              • May 9, 2025
              • 1192

              #36
              Originally posted by warlock664

              Looks to be the same body as Hulk and Thing to me.

              It’s a shame that the big reveal got spoiled here prior to the newsletter release.
              I was advised it is the same body, was just hoping...

              The sets are everywhere on the net. Sets available on Ebay for the last 8 hr.

              Its on the Disney Coming soon page.

              Cant fight against the power of the Net.
              Last edited by Frenchy99; Oct 2, '26, 9:44 AM.

              Comment

              • warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009
                • 2165

                #37
                It’s one thing to stumble across an early leak on eBay; it’s another thing entirely to come to the home of the good people being given a scoop, who provide a forum and spend hours crafting a weekly newsletter for us, and beat them to the punch.

                Comment

                • Frenchy99
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 9, 2025
                  • 1192

                  #38
                  Originally posted by warlock664
                  It’s one thing to stumble across an early leak on eBay; it’s another thing entirely to come to the home of the good people being given a scoop, who provide a forum and spend hours crafting a weekly newsletter for us, and beat them to the punch.
                  You could of just waited for your email to come in with the info and have your coffee???

                  The info was all over Mego ambassador web page also.

                  Dont shoot the messenger.

                  Comment

                  • daveznothere
                    New Member
                    • Oct 15, 2024
                    • 46

                    #39
                    Originally posted by CrimsonGhost

                    So I can confirm that Paul isn’t joking about working on more sets.

                    And I can also state that these weren’t a last minute decision. We started working on this set spring of 2025.

                    I’ve had a factory sample set in hand for a couple months now and I’m really happy with how they turned out!
                    Thanks for that info - do you know if there will be a set coming for the Avengers Doomsday release in December? I'm hopeful one day we'll get a Mego Dr. Doom.

                    Comment

                    • Dannyc
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 6, 2023
                      • 304

                      #40
                      Will pass on these but hope Falcon is in a future wave.

                      Comment

                      • warlock664
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 15, 2009
                        • 2165

                        #41
                        Originally posted by Frenchy99

                        You could of just waited for your email to come in with the info and have your coffee???

                        The info was all over Mego ambassador web page also.

                        Dont shoot the messenger.
                        You misunderstand; I don’t care personally. Knowing the contents of the “scoop” before I got the newsletter means nothing to me.
                        i just think it’s bad form to come to the forum of the people being given the scoop, and post the reveal before they have a chance. In their house, so to speak.
                        but your mileage may vary.

                        Comment

                        • BudgetMego
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2025
                          • 625

                          #42
                          This is either good or bad news. Good if they expand sets beyond the original planned. Bad if there is only one more set, since one slot was used on another Spidey set. The last(as far as we know) set should have original Falcon to complete the classic repros(or there'll be discontent) and Dr Doom since the movie is Doomsday. That leaves only two precious spaces. Let the games begin.

                          Comment

                          • CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002
                            • 3646

                            #43
                            Originally posted by daveznothere

                            Thanks for that info - do you know if there will be a set coming for the Avengers Doomsday release in December? I'm hopeful one day we'll get a Mego Dr. Doom.
                            I mean, yes, I know what I’ve worked on, but it’s not my place to talk about it. Disney will announce any new sets when they are ready.
                            Expectation is the death of discovery.

                            Comment

                            • wise guy
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 29, 2014
                              • 1070

                              #44
                              image.png​some one is trying to get $250.00 on Ebay . I am gonna laugh if these don't sell out like set 1. It's hard to believe they were working on this for a year
                              Mysterio's head is a ball . Scalpers are already starting but after the initial release Oct 7 the sale of these could slow way down like most collectables
                              today. I just can't get myself to buy this set and I bought 4 of Avengers set. If these were singles I do like Doc Ock but not the rest.
                              Last edited by wise guy; Oct 2, '26, 2:03 PM.

                              Comment

                              • wise guy
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014
                                • 1070

                                #45
                                Originally posted by warlock664

                                You misunderstand; I don’t care personally. Knowing the contents of the “scoop” before I got the newsletter means nothing to me.
                                i just think it’s bad form to come to the forum of the people being given the scoop, and post the reveal before they have a chance. In their house, so to speak.
                                but your mileage may vary.
                                I don't read the Newsletter so I am happy that the news got out . It's seems strange that members here get upset over news about Megos. I am a customer that buys Mego first and don't care if the Mego insiders wan't to play games with info or it has to come from a certain source. I don't buy these because I care about the sculptors info or because someone knows Doc
                                personally .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎