The Mego Museum needs your help!
The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney Secret Wars set !?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Frenchy99
    Persistent Member
    • May 9, 2025
    • 1166

    Disney Secret Wars set !?!

    Paul just shared this picture with more news to come this Friday !!!

    825267215_10162993594560880_8024099297483946921_n.jpg

    825267215_10162993594560880_8024099297483946921_n.jpg
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002
    • 3640

    #2
    Friday should be fun!
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

    Comment

    • Stormbreaker
      Museum Patron
      • Jun 14, 2025
      • 119

      #3
      Hmm. It looks great, and I’m looking forward to seeing the announcement on Friday very much.

      However, I do have mixed feelings about this. Spidey’s alien costume premiered when? The end of 1984/the beginning of 1985, or thereabouts? For me, MEGO and it’s glory days were the early 70s throughout the end of the 70s. Anything from 1980 and on doesn’t really fit my MEGO “continuity.” I’m hoping Falcon shows up in this assortment, and Dr Doom.

      After that, Daredevil, Wolverine, Loki, or a couple others would be nice to see. I’d still prefer characters created in the 60s and 70s for the MEGO treatment. I know that everyone has different tastes, and while I am looking forward to Friday, the 80s and MEGO kinda/sorta don’t really mesh overall.

      I do love the black costume for Spidey, and I’m sure I’ll get this set. I guess I’m just a bit surprised that they went this route in some ways. I’m really hoping for more 70s characters like Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Rich Ryder Nova, Spiderwoman, etc. I love more modern action figures for characters depicted in the 80s and on.

      Still, it’s nice to finally get some news.

      Comment

      • Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010
        • 1058

        #4
        I’m hoping for Dr. Doom, Falcon, Cyclops, and Spider-Man

        Comment

        • Stormbreaker
          Museum Patron
          • Jun 14, 2025
          • 119

          #5
          I want Falcon just so we can finish off the core Marvel WGSH (sans Conan, of course). But Falcon wasn’t even in Secret Wars (the comic series). But he was in the toy line back in 1984, along with some others who weren’t in the comic series (Hobgoblin, Daredevil, to name a couple). So, we’ll have to see what happens!

          Comment

          • Dan2Dan
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 13, 2024
            • 265

            #6
            I haven't bought any of these Disney Store Marvel sets yet because I've only ever 'really, really' wanted one or two figures in each set. But if this upcoming set is comprised of Dr. Doom, Black Suit Spider-Man, Falcon, and Wolverine, I will be an instant buyer.

            Comment

            • Frenchy99
              Persistent Member
              • May 9, 2025
              • 1166

              #7
              In the picture, you can clearly see some green on the top left.
              Dr. Doom ???

              They also covered up ( cut and paste ) portion of the picture to hide the bottom right of the picture to cover up another figure...

              Who can this be ?

              Comment

              • daveznothere
                New Member
                • Oct 15, 2024
                • 44

                #8
                Dr Doom - Spider-Man (black suit) ....hmmmm...my only hope is the sale goes as well as the last one (Avengers) did....I don't think anyone had issues getting them if they wanted them.

                Comment

                • Frenchy99
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 9, 2025
                  • 1166

                  #9
                  Originally posted by daveznothere
                  Dr Doom - Spider-Man (black suit) ....hmmmm...my only hope is the sale goes as well as the last one (Avengers) did....I don't think anyone had issues getting them if they wanted them.
                  Getting sets is easier with every new release. Was able to get 5 Avenger sets directly from Disney last time without going to a Disney shopper. A big plus for me.

                  If Dr. Doom is in the set, I want 5 sets... lol

                  Comment

                  • Frenchy99
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 9, 2025
                    • 1166

                    #10
                    By the way, the Green could be for a Scorpion figure !!!

                    OIP.webp

                    This could be another Spider-Man set !

                    The last movie did break all the records...

                    2 more sets before Xmas ???

                    Comment

                    • wise guy
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 29, 2014
                      • 1067

                      #11
                      I do not like this figure at all and will not buy unless Falcon , Dr. Doom and other better choices are in the set . Very disappointed that it looks like a custom
                      Last edited by wise guy; Oct 1, '26, 2:39 PM.

                      Comment

                      • Stormbreaker
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jun 14, 2025
                        • 119

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Frenchy99
                        By the way, the Green could be for a Scorpion figure !!!

                        OIP.webp

                        This could be another Spider-Man set !

                        The last movie did break all the records...

                        2 more sets before Xmas ???
                        This will be set 4 of the announced 5, right? Unless plans have changed.

                        Comment

                        • Stormbreaker
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jun 14, 2025
                          • 119

                          #13
                          Originally posted by wise guy
                          I do not like this figure at all and will not buy unless Falcon , Dr. Doom and other better choices are in the set . Very disappointed that it looks like a custom
                          I love the black costume/Symbiote costume, but it doesn’t lend itself great to a MEGO style figure. I like this figure, but It looks far too loose fitting. Tomorrow should prove interesting.

                          Comment

                          • Frenchy99
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 9, 2025
                            • 1166

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Stormbreaker

                            This will be set 4 of the announced 5, right? Unless plans have changed.
                            Im hoping that the plan has changed and more sets will come out.

                            Comment

                            • Frenchy99
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 9, 2025
                              • 1166

                              #15
                              Originally posted by wise guy
                              I do not like this figure at all and will not buy unless Falcon , Dr. Doom and other better choices are in the set . Very disappointed that it looks like a custom
                              This is a proto type, they always look better when they come out. Certain that they will make the other figures a big Have To Get type of thing. With the new movies coming out, tons of figures will be on the list.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎