X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
    Whiny? The only thing Glen has said is he would rather find his wife than go with complete strangers on an implausible mission (including a seemingly nice woman who *did* just destroy his home and unintentionally helped kill lots of his friends and loved ones). And Glen's decision looks even better after we see how incompetent that scientist is with a gun.

Glen... he doesn't owe any of these new people anything. And I certainly wouldn't say he is being "whiny".
    If I were Glenn, I'd do the same thing, go look for my wife, no matter what.
    So some total stranger says "get over it, join us in our quest to save the world!", so what?
    Knowing that my wife might be alive is reason enough to keep looking.
    I think Glenn is a caring guy, he knows how to kick butt (I mean, he fought a walker tied to a chair and stabbed him with a bone he ripped from another walker), and he's a team player (even when the fever seemed to be killing him).
    I'd want him on my team!

And to be honest, just because some "scientist" (is he really?) wants to go somewhere, doesn't mean he is actually right or honest.
    Does he really have a solution, who knows? He might be lying, to get to his secret stash of Twinkies...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
      Daryl rules!
      I think he is the guy to lead the group. He has the skills, he has the heart. He'll always have your back.
      I have no idea why people still look to Rick for leadership.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

I'm not talking about Glenn interaction with Abraham Ford and company, I'm talking about the whole bloody series...Glenn just annoys me to no end.
        Ah, gotcha. I can think of some times that might make you feel that way... but I've always liked him. After he took down the Walker while tied to the chair, how could you not?!? Biggest bad*ss moment of the series, in my opinion... even moreso than anything Daryl has done (and I love Daryl).

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Glenn's character seemed to be written differently at the very beginning. He was that impish, young voice in Rick's walkie talkie saying "Hey Dumb@ss". I wouldn't mind seeing him lighten up a bit more. Always with the dour expression. Granted, the Apocolypse is Hell, but he had a different vibe at first that I liked more.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

I guess a zombie apocalypse can affect your sense of humor.
            Let's face it, the lead characters are a pretty grim bunch.
            To be honest, I wish something, perhaps a little hope, would lighten the mood here and there...

Comment

• Byrnes
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 19, 2011

The one thing that's been nice is not having to listen to Rick say "CARL...................CARL.............CAAARRRLL LL. In that terrible southern accent, lol.
              WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

LOL^

Andrew Lincoln's vocal chords are just destroyed from multiple takes.

Comment

• z3zep
                  The Girl Next Door
                  • Sep 30, 2006

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                  I think he is the guy to lead the group. He has the skills, he has the heart. He'll always have your back.
                  I have no idea why people still look to Rick for leadership.
                  i do love Daryl, but I don't think he is a leader nor does he want to be. he is a follower (see Merle, Rick etc). He is a great guy to be your #2 right hand man.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                    Creature Of The Night
                    • May 14, 2011

^ At this point even Beth is leading Daryl around.

I'm not sure that I've seen Glenn whine about anything, can someone give specifics? The way I see it, he was a stereotypical risk-taking youth early on. Once he connected with Maggie, he had something to lose. That made him more cautious, but I don't recall ever seeing him give up or resign into hopelessness.

I think that Maggie hasn't mentioned Beth and has focused on finding Glenn for one very basic survival instinct. She believes that it's possible Glenn has survived but deep down she doesn't believe that Beth could have. I don't think she wants to face the idea that Beth is, in all likelihood, dead. I think she needs to find Glenn for that very reason. She needs him to help her cope with the reality (in her mind) that she is completely without family. A fairly big deal for her considering that she's so deeply family centric.

Comment

• RobTMego
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 15, 2013

Norman Reedus AKA Daryl Is epic, I also loved his charactor in Boondock Saints!!!

Case and Point. Star trek joke from Boondocks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl6HoJOqnKw
                      Last edited by RobTMego; Mar 12, '14, 11:28 AM. Reason: added joke link

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Byrnes
                        The one thing that's been nice is not having to listen to Rick say "CARL...................CARL.............CAAARRRLL LL. In that terrible southern accent, lol.
                        Ah, the old "where's Carl?" period.
                        Aka the "let them eat Carl asap!!!" era...

It's odd to see him give interviews with his regular accent. Makes you think "couldn't they have found one guy from the South to play that part?

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Tonight was by far the most intense gut wrenching episode of the season, perhaps the entire series, wow.
                          sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

Tonight was by far the most intense gut wrenching episode of the season, perhaps the entire series, wow.
                            It was intense!
                            Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                              valar morghulis
                              • Mar 8, 2005

Carol and Tyrese sitting at that table was easily this season's best scene.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                                Persistent Member
                                • Apr 28, 2013

This show definitely has the ability to gut punch me. Just in case anyone here is wondering what the smoke was from, I would imagine it is from the house Darryl and Beth burned down, and the burned walkers were the group getting close to the house as it was on fire when the two were leaving. I saw someone had asked that on IMDB, and figured everyone probably knew that but thought I would throw that out here. Watched Talking Dead after and I cant believe how different Melissa is in real life than Carol.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎