Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Lori added nothing to the group except complaining, whining, bossing people around, and used both Rick and Shane as chess pieces.

So long Lori, nice knowing you!

sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
      Lori added nothing to the group except complaining, whining, bossing people around, and used both Rick and Shane as chess pieces.

So long Lori, nice knowing you!

No kidding....LOL
      Adios seniorita!!!!
      Last edited by fallensaviour; Nov 9, '12, 9:04 AM. Reason: spelling lol
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• megoapesnut
        The name says it all!
        • Dec 3, 2007

I have a feeling she will be adding more to the group later in the season. Like maybe a guest star zombie.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

I liked Lori
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MegoMark71
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 18, 2008

Originally posted by toys2cool
            I liked Lori
            D you also like jar jar, need i say more?

Comment

• Toysyouhad.com
              • Oct 14, 2012

Still, brutally dark way to go. Carl might need some family therapy.

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by MegoMark71
                D you also like jar jar, need i say more?
                ok nuff said

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

You forgot The Warrior and annoying Hobbits too, lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

• spacecaps
                    Second Mouse
                    • Aug 24, 2011

Ok so now that I've caught up on the new season I can finally read the posts and comment myself. 1st off, I'm wondering if Lori's early exit was due to the fact that she was generally hated by most of the shows fan base. As for the dark direction in which they did her in on the show, the comic was way darker having her get shot through the back while she was holding her baby and the bullet went through her and her baby killing them both. I didn't think they were gonna do it that way considering that showing that might even be too much for TV. I don't have a doubt Carl shot her (hence the flash back to season 2 with him and Rick on the barn.)

The problem with Lori and Shane getting together was that they kept it from Rick way after he returned. In the first couple of days they could have had a sit down and just said "Hey buddy, we thought you were dead and the world went to hell so we got together." It wasn't even like Shane was a jerk at first either. Lori kept quiet about it and let it fester and by not telling him or allowing Shane to say something, made it worse. They also hinted at marital problems between her and Rick prior to the Walkers. She was sort of happy with Shane but when Rick came back she was suddenly put back into her role as the wife. She blamed Shane for telling her Rick was dead (not Shane's fault cause he thought he was) and she continued to blame him for trying to lookout for her and Carl even after Ricks return (which just showed he really did care for her.) For most of the first two seasons, Shane was the most rational and dedicated to the group. I pretty much agreed with everyone of his decisions and I thought his going nuts and killing the kid and coming up with the story that he had escaped leading up to the hike to the field with Rick for an execution seemed a bit rushed. Lori all but drove him to that point though. On the flip side, after Rick had no choice but to take Shane out which lead to Carl having to shoot Shane after he turned, she freaks on Rick for letting it come to that. Basically she made one bad decision after another and then blamed everyone else when something she caused went wrong around her. (BTW..in the book Carl shoots Shane outright while he and Rick are having an argument.)

Now a couple of things that have been bothering me though this season... Are they being deliberately ambiguous about a Michonne/Andrea relationship? I'm totally getting that vibe and Earl did call her out on being gay back in Season 1 (and Andrea brought it up again last episode to Earl) and despite his redneck ways, he's pretty perceptive.

Also...the Maggie/Glen thing....A few episodes ago they get back to their bunk after clearing the prison of some Walkers and Glen checks her for scratches. When he finds there aren't any, he kisses her shoulder and she kisses him and buries her face in his chest. THEY ARE COVERED IN ZOMBIE BLOOD. I know their trying to establish a connection between the characters in the show but back in Season One, Glen wore a trench coat and rubber gloves while everyone smeared him and Rick in Zombie guts at the mall so nothing would come in contact with their skin. Now Maggie is running around in a tank top and the two are smooching while in Walker blood. The show for the most part is pretty consistent but with all the knife and sword play, no one seems to be worried about taking some splatter in the mouth or eye anymore when earlier episodes went out of their way to mention to avoid this very thing.
                    Last edited by spacecaps; Nov 8, '12, 4:00 AM.
                    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

The zombie splatter thing has been ongoing...nobody seems to care anymore about getting it on them. I guess since they figure the "infection" is already in them, they will turn anyway when they die.

Or maybe zombie pus just feels good, like an oatmeal bath or icy hot rub.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Yeah, the blood splatters are pretty much irrelevant in this storyline...since everyone seems to be infected with that virus anyway.

It's not like in 28 Days Later...where a single drop of blood on your eyeball would cause you to turn, lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

You forgot The Warrior and annoying Hobbits too, lol.
                          what a hater

Comment

• toys2cool
                            Ultimate Mego Warrior
                            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by spacecaps
                            Now a couple of things that have been bothering me though this season... Are they being deliberately ambiguous about a Michonne/Andrea relationship? I'm totally getting that vibe and Earl did call her out on being gay back in Season 1 (and Andrea brought it up again last episode to Earl) and despite his redneck ways, he's pretty perceptive.
                            are they gay in the comic? I never read it

Comment

• spacecaps
                              Second Mouse
                              • Aug 24, 2011

Well ok the splatter thing getting you infected is only half the problem...the other half is that they're making out covered in zombie gore. I don't care what apocalyptic event occurs kissing in zombie blood is still gonna be gross.
                              "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

no, neither character is gay in the comics. when they reveal Michonne's backstory you will understand her better. i don't want to give any spoilers. i expect they will tone down down Michonne's final encounter with the Governor as it was beyond brutal in the comics.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎