Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

the actress who plays Maggie is super hot.....i did not mind the topless stuff at all...

not that it was a very sexy moment.....the phone call Rick got was all in his head....it signifies him losing his mind.

the governor stuff will likely get worse but will still be tame compared to what happened in the comics.

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

Great set up episode. I hate the midseason break, though.

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Goblin19
        Great set up episode. I hate the midseason break, though.
        I know I can't stand that crap
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

but you know, the mid season break actually keeps the wait for season 4 shorter.....it is annoying though. would be better if they just did a week or two of repeats every now and then to spread things out

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

I actually just started watching this last week. I've gotten through the first season and the first episode of season 2. It started out real slow for me but too many people have told me to stick with it. It's pretty darn cool, though I don't know of another tc show I've ever seen that was utterly hopeless like this. On most shows that have a journey there is a goal to reach however slight the chances. Here there is no hope for humanity, no miracle cures, just midless and pointless death and the eternal torture of zombiesm. They are constantly running to nowhere and dodging death at every turn. It's kind of exhausting watching this, but I've got a few more to watch tonight.
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

it's all about the struggle to survive. that's what makes it such a great show.....no hollywood happy endings

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

We are allowed to watch horrific violence, mothers cut open while delivering a baby, knives and arrows going through eyesockets, decapitation by sword, brains being splatter all over the place, oceans of blood...all on basic cable...but heaven forbid of being allowed to watch a topless woman...lol.
                Last edited by Hector; Nov 28, '12, 5:50 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
                  We are allowed to watch horrific violence, mothers cut open while delivering a baby, knives and arrows going through eyesockets, decapitation by sword, brains being splatter all over the place, oceans of blood...all on basic cable...but heaven forbid of being allowed to watch a topless woman...lol.
                  yea I don't see the big deal..the only thing that could've possibly made this show better wou'd've been if Showtime had picked it up...you imagine the nudity ?
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

It's not the nudity (they didn't show anything anyway)

It's comic book violence vs real violence

Comic book violence is the blood and guts

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Have you seen Sons of Anarchy on FX?

Extremely non-comic book violence, raw acts of brutality, yet no nudity either, that's the puritan approach of network and basic cable for you.

But like Damien said, thank god for premium pay cable, lol.
                      Last edited by Hector; Nov 28, '12, 3:57 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
                        Alan Scott is the best GL
                        • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by toys2cool
                        You can't blame Maggie for that, she would've taken the rape..But she could'nt take him getting shot in the face..Had it been the other way around Glenn would've caved as well
                        I agree it's much easier to take pain than watch someone you care for hurt or worse.

Comment

• Random Axe
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Apr 16, 2008

Okay, I've officially been sucked in. This is such a well made show it's hard to resist. There are some plot holes and unexplained stuff going on, but the produciton values overshadow that and make this probably the best show on TV. I've completed the first two seasons but I don't know how or when I'd get to watch season three since it's already 8 episodes in. Does AMC show repeats or is there somewhere I can go to watch these?

Also, I've never read any of the comics and I'm aware they changed quite a few things for television, but how good are they and is that worthy of checking out?
                          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

Oh, yes, by all means pick up the comics. Well, the trade paperbacks anyway. #1 of the comic will currently set you back quite a few benjamins. But try the books, you will NOT be disappointed!

Comment

• spacecaps
                              Second Mouse
                              • Aug 24, 2011

Just go on Amazon and Get the Walking Dead Compendiums Volume 1 & 2. They're $60 apiece at Barnes and Nobel but amazon has them for $30 each and they contain the first 98 installments or so of the comics. I think the comic is currently on issue 105 or something close to that. So for $60 total, you'll get almost every issue and get caught up right quick.
                              "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• HumanWolfman
                                Type3Toys Has Transformed
                                • Oct 5, 2011

I have never read one of the comics and that is probably why I enjoy the show so much. Not only do I have no idea what is suposed to happen next, when they change something from the mag for the show it does not bother me.
                                View My Customs
                                www.type3toys.com
                                or check here
                                http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎