Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your latest Horror DVD purchases?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kryptosmaster
    Removed.
    • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    Ho Tep is great fun. Old Elvis and a black guy that thinks he's JFK fighting mummies in a nursing home. What's not to like? Besides that: Bruce Campbel!!!
    I had heard some people say it is good but I looked at the case and just couldn't bring myself to buy it. I guess maybe I'll run by there in a bit and see if they still have it and any new ones. Maybe I'll pick it up this time.
    Bruce Campbell is good. Mostly the reason I didn't get it was because it was rated R but I didn't look to see why. I don't mind violence and gore, it's the F-word every other word that just spoils a movie for me. Not that I don't hear it or haven't used it in a fit of anger; I just don't really care for movies laced with it.

Rich

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
      Career Member
      • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by txteach
      The movie "the visitors?" is coming out soon. It's with Liv Tyler (if I got the name right) and Owen Wilson's brother and is worth checking out. I saw it at the movies and will buy it.

You got a little mixed-up, Luke Wilson was in "Vacancy"

Comment

• txteach
        Banned
        • Jun 17, 2005

Ya, for some reason I thought Luke was in that one. Anyways, its a good horror flick.

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
          Career Member
          • May 13, 2007

I just picked up Hostel DC & 2, B.Stoker's Dracula CE, Hollow Man DC, Resident Evil: Extinction, Hellraiser 20thAnn, Girl Next Door & Spiral at Best Buy. I haven't seen a couple of these Direstor's Cuts but the one I haven't seen at all is GND but I've heard it gets a little brutal. Spiral is a really good indie psycho-thriller I happened across. It also features Zachary Levi from "Chuck" as a not-a-nice guy role.

TXTEACH, since you liked "The Strangers", you might also like:

Really creepy, especially if you have a nice sound system.
          Last edited by StrangeVisitor; Oct 19, '08, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

Just picked up flight of the dead for $6.88
            and
            Diary of the dead for $13.88
            both at wally world I'm sure they are both kinda hokey but what zombie flick isn't.
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• ramsey37
              • Jun 18, 2001

I picked up "Sleepy Hollow" this week at Wal-Mart. It was in the $5.00 bin. I picked up copies of the "Earth Vs the Spider/War of the Colossal Beast" 2-pack and "Critters" last week.
              George

Comment

• ramsey37
                • Jun 18, 2001

I hit the Wal-Mart $5.00 bin again this morning and scored copies of "Rosemary's Baby" and Stephen King's "Thinner".
                George

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ The 5 buck bin at the local WM is ate up with Adam Sandler movies. Nothing good at all.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                    Removed.
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Ho Tep is great fun. Old Elvis and a black guy that thinks he's JFK fighting mummies in a nursing home. What's not to like? Besides that: Bruce Campbel!!!
                    Ok, I broke down and bought Bubbahotep (and Rollerball-original) yesterday at Big Lots. They didn't have anything new from last time I was there though.
                    I watched hotep. It wasn't that bad. I wouldn't call it great but it was worth $3 for sure, LOL. I actually liked their theory (explanation) of Elvis's death.
                    I'll probably watch it again.

Rich

Comment

• ramsey37
                      • Jun 18, 2001

I made a trip to Bowling Green today and scored a stack of six DVDs I've been meaning to pick up. At Best Buy I found a copy of the new "Hammer Films Icons of Horror" collection, which I wanted mostly because it includes "The Gorgon". At the local FYE I picked up five Godzilla movies I didn't have yet, including:
                      Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla
                      Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla II
                      Godzilla Vs Megaguirus
                      Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla
                      Godzilla: Tokyo SOS
                      Normally FYE is grossly overpriced, but today they had all of these Godzilla flicks marked down to $6.99 each. When I went to pay for them, two rang up as $3.49 each
                      George

Comment

• ramsey37
                        • Jun 18, 2001

This morning I was out bright and early hitting the Halloween clearance sales around town. I stopped at the local Rite-Aid on my way home and found a tiny selection of horror films mixed in with the Halloween stuff. The movies were priced at $7.99 each. I picked up a copy of "The Howling" and took it to the register to see if it was marked down to half-price, only to discover it was actually 75% off, so I got it for $1.99!
                        George

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

There's a movie I'd like to see again.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ramsey37
                            • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
                            There's a movie I'd like to see again.
                            I probably haven't seen it since shortly after its release. As I recall, the first one was pretty good, but the sequels are just hours of your life that you'll never get back.
                            George

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

I saw it on a UHF channel probably in 83, loved it. Rented it on a movie night date in college once but, ahem, never saw the end.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ramsey37
                                • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
                                I saw it on a UHF channel probably in 83, loved it. Rented it on a movie night date in college once but, ahem, never saw the end.
                                Ah yes, the infamous werewolf sex scene I sat down and watched the DVD tonight/this morning. Overall, the movie still works for me. I never realized that Robert Picardo (the Doctor from Voyager) was the main werewolf in the movie. It was also cool to spot all the references to Lon Chaney as the Wolf Man, and I'd completely forgotten about the cameo by good ol' Uncle Forry in the bookstore. Definitely worth a watch if you can pick up a copy.
                                George

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎