Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your latest Horror DVD purchases?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ramsey37
    • Jun 18, 2001

Another kaiju flick landed today: All Monsters Attack aka Godzilla's Revenge. I now just need eleven more films to have all of Godzilla's movies
    George

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Picked up the Darkman trilogy at WM for 9 bucks the other day. The first two are good, but the last one is barely watchable.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

My buddy did the makeup in those Darkman movies (they were filmed in Downtown Toronto/Scarborough), the second one was filmed last. Vosloo makes for a good Darkman but they don't let him unload enough.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

the last one I have bought was Carpenter's Halloween on Blu-Ray.
          Holy Cow, what a nice transfer. I am extremely picky with these sorts of thing, but wow...really top notch transfer. Made it like watching it for the very first time.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
            Stuck in a laundry shoot.
            • Oct 8, 2007

The scariest movie out there of course.

"Night of the Lepus" With the one and only DeForest Kelley

Got it for like 5 bucks. Woo hoo.
            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• vintage spideyfan
              Web Wobbler
              • May 12, 2007

Originally posted by MegoRonin

Ha!! That movie actually freaked me out when I was little...LOL!! That, and the movie "Stuff". I didn't eat ice cream for a year...
              Looking for MOC Pocket Super Heroes...
              Good Trader List

Comment

• ramsey37
                • Jun 18, 2001

I picked up "Killers From Space", "The Monster Maker", and "Godzilla Vs Gigan" this week. I'm planning to get the new "Rodan/War of the Gargantuas" double set very soon as well. I highly recommend the Classic Media sets, as they contain not only spruced up copies of the American versions of Toho classics but also the original Japanese versions.
                George

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Found a used set of season 1 of Millinium. 9 bucks!!! Creepy stuff.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

I just got Snowbeast.

It doesn't get any better then Yvette Mimieux and a killer Big Foot in the same movie

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I just picked up Cinematic Titanics "The Oozing Skull", which is actually a Sam Sherman/Al Adamson piece called "Brain of Blood" (Elvira ran this for years in the early ninties) which features much of the same cast from "Frankenstein VS Dracula".

Anyway, the movie is unimportant, the big deal is the reassembling of the original MST 3K cast and well, the magic is still there. It's not as slick as the show got during it's highlight but it's far better than season one.

With this project and rifftrax, MST3K fans have the best of both worlds.

Cinematic Titanic
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Cool, didn't know the dvd's were available, last time I checked it was download only.

Comment

• Tothiro
                          Kitten Mittens
                          • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
                          Nope, that's not the one I got. Glad tho, cause a B/W movie should be seen in B/W, I don't care much for colorized versions.[/QUOTE]

I understand everyone's hatred for colorizing because I wholeheartedly share it (though the Psycho remake could have saved some money if they just colorized). On the other hand I have to say though I don't own the 50th version I did have the chance to see it at SDCC right before the release in 2007 with a panel that included Ray Harryhausen. THAT was cool.
                          Having watched it - this version is actually really impressive. What the colorizing did was not the typical, crappy "tinted" shading that we all hate. They used an interesting new digital tracking process that they talked about and they did a lot of research regarding date sensitive coloring, from the Colosseum (because it's colorized to the tone it was, as opposed to the post refurbishment color it is today) to not making the film look "modern." They were really sensitive about not trying to make it look like modern film stock, but instead it looks as if it were filmed back in the day on color stock which the film at the time just didn't have budget for. All in all I have to say it turned out very well.
                          Watching it was, for fans of the movie, a kind of weird experience though. The color process was so near seamless that you forget about it and can't figure out what the problem is. It was like watching Star Wars in black and white, if that makes sense.

Anyway I just got around to watching my copy of Matango a while back. Love me some Toho mushroom people.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                            Removed.
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Last few I've picked up are:

"Frogs"
                            a typical drive-in B-movie starring Ray Milland & Sam Elliott (early 70's)

"Blacula"
                            actually not too bad but very, very dated..."you jive turkey!"

"Dracula AD 1972"
                            Christopher Lee & Peter Cushing rule! a bit dated also.

Speaking of kids & movies:
                            My 6 year-old daughter just loves watching Eight-Legged Freaks & Gremlins whereas a lot of kids would have nightmares. She started watching my POTA tv series set too and loves that as well.

I love Eight-Legged Freaks. That movie is like a classic to me. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Rich
                            Last edited by kryptosmaster; Sep 14, '08, 5:19 PM.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by MegoRonin

Now I'd watch a remake of this!

With giant CGI bunnies. Think about it, I'm smelling box-office success here...
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

30 days of night.
                                Not bad, but I'm not totally convinced.
                                The lead sacrificing himself about 30 minutes before the sun comes up?
                                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎