Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your latest Horror DVD purchases?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

My friend in the industry has told me that Rob Botin loves working with Picardo, he made him up in The Howling, then in Legend (as the swamp witch) and later used his face for the Johnny Cabs in total recall.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ramsey37
      • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
      My friend in the industry has told me that Rob Botin loves working with Picardo, he made him up in The Howling, then in Legend (as the swamp witch) and later used his face for the Johnny Cabs in total recall.
      I never realized Picardo was Meg Rucklebone in "Legend" until I bought the DVD a few years back. The guy has really played a diverse group of characters. He was one of maybe two characters on "Voyager" that I ever had any interest in.
      George

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by ramsey37
        At the local FYE I picked up five Godzilla movies I didn't have yet, including:
        Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla
        Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla II
        Godzilla Vs Megaguirus
        Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla
        Godzilla: Tokyo SOS
        Normally FYE is grossly overpriced, but today they had all of these Godzilla flicks marked down to $6.99 each. When I went to pay for them, two rang up as $3.49 each
        George
        Sweet, I paid much more than that for most of those DVDs.

My most recent horror pickup is the Blu-ray disc of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN. It's a Canadian release only (no word of when Miramax is planning a US BD release) and is a huge improvement over the non-anamorphic standard DVD. No extras, but I'll just keep my standard DVD for that. I never get tired of watching this film, so I don't mind buying this movie for the third time (I bought the original VHS back in the day too).

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

WOW, that was Robert Picardo? I haven't seen Howling since the late 80s. He really does get around. He was even in the live-action Ben 10 movie! For you comic geeks, he voiced Blackhawk and Amazo on JLU.

Yesterday we were walking out of Target and my son Andrew blurted out "Wolfman!" He stopped over at a register endcap and there was Monster Squad (the 80s movie) for $7.50. He's become quite the fan of werewolves and Larry Talbot in particular, in no small part thanks to the Universal Double Feature Brian sent our way (thanks Brian!). So we picked it up. Looking forward to watching it for the first time since it first came to video in the 80s.

By the way that DVD sale runs through Saturday, so if you want it cheap, go get it.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Having just watched Monster Squad for the first time in a long time be warned that it has plenty of salty language, teen smoking and some other "too adult" for kids moments.

I'm glad I previewed it for my kids.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Having just watched Monster Squad for the first time in a long time be warned that it has plenty of salty language, teen smoking and some other "too adult" for kids moments.

I'm glad I previewed it for my kids.
              Ah crap. I may have to watch it first then too. And I've already sold it to him (and Cindy). Crud.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Took a chance and watched Monster Squad with Andrew, because he kept nagging me about it. Man, kids will hold you to your promises! I think he missed most of the cursing and things that were over his head (the whole vigin thing). He really enjoyed it though. Although he prefers Lon Chaney's Wolfman look to the Werewolf here. I do too. I noticed they used an image from during his change on the front box art.

I had forgotten how cool their creature looked. Kind of reminded me of the Predator!

Fun movie. Works on what kids think of the classic monsters. That they all know each other and get together to destroy the world from time to time.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Took a chance and watched Monster Squad with Andrew, because he kept nagging me about it. Man, kids will hold you to your promises! I think he missed most of the cursing and things that were over his head (the whole vigin thing). He really enjoyed it though. Although he prefers Lon Chaney's Wolfman look to the Werewolf here. I do too. I noticed they used an image from during his change on the front box art.

I had forgotten how cool their creature looked. Kind of reminded me of the Predator!

Fun movie. Works on what kids think of the classic monsters. That they all know each other and get together to destroy the world from time to time.

Chris
                  I grew up watching that movie over and over again,I still love it
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

Just bought "Undead or Alive" A zombie,comedy,western for $5.Hope it's decent...LOL
                    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• kennermike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 4, 2007

Godzilla King of the Monsters 1956

I just bought the Original black and white Godzilla flick used on DVD 4 bucks

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                        Removed.
                        • Jun 14, 2008

recent pickups include Gremlins 2 and the 1976 King Kong.
                        Rich

Comment

• kennermike
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 4, 2007

King Kong 1976

thats cool I also bought King Kong 1976 version a couple of weeks ago love that version!!

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                            Removed.
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by mattelmike
                            thats cool I also bought King Kong 1976 version a couple of weeks ago love that version!!
                            Was marked down to $4 at walmart.
                            I don't see anything less than $4 at walmart. Where do they keep these cheap DVDs that some guys were talking about?

Rich

Comment

• ramsey37
                              • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                              Was marked down to $4 at walmart.
                              I don't see anything less than $4 at walmart. Where do they keep these cheap DVDs that some guys were talking about?

Rich
                              Big Lots has been getting regular shipments of movies for $3.00.
                              George

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                                Removed.
                                • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by ramsey37
                                Big Lots has been getting regular shipments of movies for $3.00.
                                George
                                Yeah, I know. There's one around the corner from me but they haven't had any new ones in weeks. I was talking about a comment someone made earlier in this thread about really cheap (like a dollar or two) dvds at walmart but I can't find any under $4 there.
                                If I had to guess I would think all the big lots probably get those MGM displays at the same time? Possibly a regular release from MGM? Seems all the guys talk about the same movies when big lots gets those shipments so maybe a new batch is due soon?

Rich

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎