Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your latest Horror DVD purchases?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ramsey37
    • Jun 18, 2001

I picked up the double feature DVD of "Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah" (1991) and "Godzilla Vs Mothra: the Battle for Earth" (1992). I watched the Ghidorah movie this morning, and it has both the most confusing time travel plot and the goofiest android character you'd ever care to see. MST3K woulda had a field day with this one
    George

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I had forgotten about the poor man's Terminator in that movie. I've watched more than once and I never really understood what was going on.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ramsey37
        • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
        I had forgotten about the poor man's Terminator in that movie. I've watched more than once and I never really understood what was going on.
        Yeah, it was like they were trying to ripoff both the Terminator and Data
        George

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Dang, I had totally blocked that guy outta my skull. Thanks.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• 4NDR01D
            Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
            • Jan 22, 2008

Bought a bunch at Giant Tiger for my Bro-in-Law for X-Mas. Going to go back and pick up some copies for myself, first I gotta see which one's he already has, so I can keep them, which is a great thing about having other monster/horror movie fans in the family. Anyways I picked up Cronos(by director Guillermo Del Toro) 10th anniversary edition, Curse of Frankenstein/Taste the Blood of Dracula double feature, Feast (one of my top 15 fave monster/creature movies and along with Slither, Feed, and The Mist as top current monster/horror films), Curse of the Vampire(Filipino vampire film), The House that Dripped Blood (Christpher Lee/Peter Cushing), 3 Extremes #2 (gory J-horror), Graveyard Alive (the tale of a zombie nurse in love, LOL!) also picked up Challege of the Super Friends 4 episode dvd.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Your Giant Tiger is so much better than mine.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                • Jan 22, 2008

Other than Cronos and Feast, which were $6.88, they were all $2.88. Giant Tigers have independent buyers, so most of the time stuff varies from store to store. I passed up Gojira double disk limited edition copy for $9.99 as I already have it as well as King Kong production diaries box set for $9.99, um not sure why I didn't pick that one up though, I outta give my head a shake dammit.

Comment

• ramsey37
                  • Jun 18, 2001

I got my bootleg copy of "Godzilla 1985" a day or so ago, so I watched it this morning. I hadn't seen the movie since shortly after it hit VHS back in the day. Anyone know why this movie hasn't had an official DVD release yet?
                  George

Comment

• ramsey37
                    • Jun 18, 2001

I hit Big Lots this morning and picked up the following for $3.00 each:
                    An American Werewolf in London
                    The Man With Two Brains
                    Superman Returns 2-Disc Special Edition
                    The Petrified Forest (not sci-fi/horror, but you can't go wrong with Bogart!)
                    George

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ I picked up the Petrified Forest, I try to snag the Warner Night at the Movies discs when I see them. Didn't see Superman there, just the Story of Superman documentary that came out the same time as Returns.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• dorky tough guy
                        • Mar 16, 2008

I got Hammer's Horror of Dracula on dvd from Big Lot's for $3 last week and picked up Empire of the Ants/Tentacles for $5 tonight.

Anyone seen the french movie Inside? That's the best horror movie I've seen in long time.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Found Freddy VS Jason at Big Lots for 3 bucks!!

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                            Removed.
                            • Jun 14, 2008

They gotta be due for another of those big displays of $3 movies (usually MGM) soon as the last few times I've been to Big Lots they've had nothing new and the DVD rack is getting a bit sparce.
                            Anyone seen any new shipments at their BL?
                            Rich

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

They are getting WB assortments now, some have found Superman Returns. I got a few WB titles already there.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                                Removed.
                                • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                They are getting WB assortments now, some have found Superman Returns. I got a few WB titles already there.
                                It's right around the corner from me. Maybe I'll run in there tomorrow and see what they have.
                                Rich

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎