Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

I have so many projects that are ongoing. Sad. I need to focus. So many things I want to do. First, I must finish painting those Mego scale heads for Ivanisky. Those are priority now.

I just watched one of my favorite westerns, Outlaw called Josie Wales. I want to sculpt Ten Bears and Chief Dan George.

And I want to try making a resin kit of President of the Academy. I mean, why not, right?

And of course finish hairing up that gorilla.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• babycyclops
      Career Member
      • Jul 9, 2010

The Zira bust is really nice, and looks like it will be a joy to paint.

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

Crap photos. Sorry. I just have to polish the eyes and lips for this guy.

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• SoMuchFun!
          • Oct 17, 2011

Incredible. I am absolutely astounded by your work. The attention to detail is as good as I have ever seen, maybe better.

Comment

• will5967
            Member of the Assembly
            • Sep 27, 2009

Looks pretty awesome to me!
            Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

I should try to resculpt Julius. His nose is still off...

On a GREAT note...Ashton's costume is almost done! Yay! I will try to post photos later. Glad I sewed it instead of purchasing the $70 costume. It was a good learning experience for Ashton to just learn to be patient, and to ask me nicely, instead of demanding it get done.

Ethan's costume was just a simple cape and hood.

To do list:

Comment

• will5967
                Member of the Assembly
                • Sep 27, 2009

Originally posted by jessica
                I should try to resculpt Julius. His nose is still off...

On a GREAT note...Ashton's costume is almost done! Yay! I will try to post photos later. Glad I sewed it instead of purchasing the $70 costume. It was a good learning experience for Ashton to just learn to be patient, and to ask me nicely, instead of demanding it get done.

Ethan's costume was just a simple cape and hood.
                Glad to hear that the costume is done. Can't wait to see the pics. Happy Halloween!
                Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

Yay! It's ALMOST done!! Just the cap to do, but in the same color instead of khaki...or should I make it out of khaki? Decisions...decisions...I will have to ask Ashton. The only thing about this outfit is that I was skimping so much on the fabric that I made the sleeves a little short. I think it was long, but when I adjusted the back to bring the suit in closer to the body, it shortened the sleeves. Oh well. It was a learning experience!! My husband thought I ordered the name tag. I said no...I made it..and he looked really surprised. He said, "you know how to do that???" (embroidery?--yes actually I do! It's a dying art but I can do it...) the "embroidery" is actually 3D fabric paint that I painted on the fabric using a toothpick.

Last edited by jessica; Oct 29, '11, 2:52 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• will5967
                    Member of the Assembly
                    • Sep 27, 2009

Fantastic work, Jessica! The name tag is wonderful!

Comment

• will5967
                      Member of the Assembly
                      • Sep 27, 2009

What color did you go for with the hat?

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

He will wear khaki although I made another one in the same blue color. We found a docker's tag laying around that was black and khaki, and looked like a pin, so I cut that out (removed the anchor) and sewed it on the khaki hat on the right side. I was going to just hot glue it but I couldn't find my glue sticks. What makes me so happy is that Ashton has been wearing the flight suit since Saturday because he says he just loves it. Aw ratz...I should have added a collar. That's ok. He looks great.

Here's a photo of the blue hat.
                        Last edited by jessica; Nov 1, '11, 12:19 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• will5967
                          Member of the Assembly
                          • Sep 27, 2009

Super! What a lucky boy, that Ashton. Reminds me of Halloween time way back in 1974. I wore the Cornelius costume my mother made me for several days straight too. Just one question though, from one sensible ape to another. "Why fly? Where would it get you?"

Comment

• will5967
                            Member of the Assembly
                            • Sep 27, 2009

Wow! Nice! For me, the khaki cap looks much better than the blue. Which one does he like better?

Comment

• Captain_Mego
                              Vet.
                              • May 22, 2007

The suit looks fantastic Jess.

The gorilla sculpt looks awesome...you do some outstanding work my friend. always a pleasure to view your stuff.

Comment

• babycyclops
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 9, 2010

Ashton's Blue Angels outfit is very cool!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎