Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Nose surgery failed today. I may have to re-do. Oh well.

Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Chris
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 23, 2009

It was an extreme cut but I think you are on the right track. The nose was extended a little too far forward.
      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

Plus the nostrils need to go down the muzzle a bit more. I'm going to try to heat up the clay with a blow dryer first so that it's pliable and not crumbly. Can't wait to do this. It'll have to wait until Monday though.

:(

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

It's going to look great.
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• renegade
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 16, 2010

WoW Jess.....I dont get it....you're work is better than sideshow and hot toys combined and you do it in little time...yet beacause of your need for perfection(thats already there) you cant see and then you destroy them and start over.....allow me to take your not good enoughs off your hands..lol....Can those be shrunk in acetone to 8 inch after making a cast? If so toss em all my way.....your the best. (and might need a lil help)
            I KID BECAUSE I LOVE !!

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

I'd think they'd be able to be...

Originally posted by renegade
              Can those be shrunk in acetone to 8 inch after making a cast?

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

Can I just say that I hate making molds/casts? I guess I would like it better if it were successful the first time so I won't feel like I'm wasting the material. This is just another obstacle I have to overcome. I have a plan that I think will work.

To do list:

Comment

• Mindwarp1966
                  • Jan 17, 2009

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh that orang looks uuuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I so want it. lol

Comment

• Chris
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by jessica
                    Can I just say that I hate making molds/casts? I guess I would like it better if it were successful the first time so I won't feel like I'm wasting the material. This is just another obstacle I have to overcome.
                    Once you get that silicone on your hands it's nearly impossible to get off. I have a Urko head (1:6 scale) that needs to be molded and I keep putting it off because I don't want to go through the mess.

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

I'm still futzing with his hair. I'm not happy with the top--looks too soft compared to the other parts of his hair. Plus I may bring it up a bit.

I've raised his hair by a bit, and also smooshed his nose down so it doesn't go out so much. It's a very minor change but I think it's a necessary one. He'll probably get more minor changes throughout the day.

It's still incredible to me that this guy is under there:
                      Last edited by jessica; Sep 28, '10, 2:08 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Truly amazing, Jess
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• renegade
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 16, 2010

I don't see the big deal about making a mold just use omoo 30...it's a 50/50 mix and you cant screw it up. Trust me if i can..etc..etc..

Comment

• jessica
                            fortune favors the bold
                            • Nov 5, 2007

Well if anybody can find a way to screw up, I can! I'll find out tonight if my mold is bust or not...

But here's how Julius looks. Haven't touched him since I took these photos...he may get some more minor tweaks before I bake him up.

To do list:

Comment

• supes
                              For the love of Mego's!
                              • Jan 19, 2004

WOW Julius looks freakin' AWESOME!!!!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 25, 2010

Your sculpts are amazing! You are very talented. I'm interested in attempting to do some sculpts at some point, but i would have no idea where to start..... i.e. tools and materials.... and well.... everything . And how you ultimatley get them attached to the bodies. I'll probably lurk here on the Custom Forums a while and absorb what i can for now. Thanks for all the progress pics!

Is the ultimate goal to make a mold and cast them out of a rubber or plastic type medium so they closely resemble Mego heads..... or just leave them as baked clay?
                                Vintage Toy Rescue
                                1614-B N State Hwy 161
                                Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                                (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡