Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Chris, the head is not big anymore that I have re-done, and should fit a Zica body. Hope Craig gets a new batch soon. I kept putting it off buying one and I wish I did!

Anyway, here's Mifune now. I totally need to clean him up. I'm going to bake him one last time, and then when he's cooled off, I will smooth him out as best as I can with some wax and try to make a decent mold and cast out of that...and see how he really looks on a Mego body. I think he's a good size...but I can't tell until I see his cast.
    Last edited by jessica; Nov 18, '10, 4:36 PM.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

My samurai lives!! I will start his costume soon. I hope he still looks like Mifune. Today, I rewatched Red Sun. I had been craving that movie for a long time, but it was $35 used, and I kept forgetting to put it on Netflix. This weekend I couldn't resist, and I was able to purchase a DVD from Amazon for $12. Hopefully in a few days, my Yojimbo wll come, because I've been craving that movie like a mad monkey.

Egads I hope he does not look bobble-headed. I worked real hard on trying to keep him in scale. Once you add clothing, it makes the head appear smaller. At least that's the plan.
      Last edited by jessica; Nov 23, '10, 3:16 AM.

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• Chris
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 23, 2009

You should be fine. That's why I love the Zica bodies. That slightly larger scale has bailed me out on several occasions. Your sculpt looks excellent. We'll have to get you to make a Carl Kolchak "Night Stalker" head.
        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

And now for something totally unexpectedly mindblowing! Somebody that nobody will probably ever sculpt. Presenting....Takashi Shimura! I will sculpt him in Mego scale so that he can stand side by side with Toshiro Mifune.

David's friend, who will be an action figure in Mego scale. I can't believe he's building up so fast. I can't wait to start up his hair, but I think I will build up the rest of his head first, and I still need to tweak his eyelids. I really like how nicely he's coming along. Scale is perfect. I wonder how David will dress him up?

I think he's pretty much done! Yay! Just waiting for feedback from David before I fire him up one last time.

Had to angle his head for this photo because of the shadows cast by the lights.
          Last edited by jessica; Nov 28, '10, 1:42 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

I don't know....I may re-sculpt Mifune. I'm not really happy with the size of his head on a naked body. I'll have to sew him up a kimono so I can see how it looks as far as sizing. If his head is too big I'm going to resculpt him. That just bugs me.

To do list:

Comment

• babycyclops
              Career Member
              • Jul 9, 2010

Very cool Jessica. I'm loving your current samurai phase, it looks like you're very inspired at the moment!

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by babycyclops
                Very cool Jessica. I'm loving your current samurai phase, it looks like you're very inspired at the moment!
                There isn't a moment she isn't inspired
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

Thanks guys! Some of you may have already seen these photos...but I can never get enough apes and samurai...on Jessica's Planet, I can do anything!

This is how he looks after I let Ashton play with him, poor guy:

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 23, 2009

Cool! That looks like it came right off the pages of the Curtis Publishing POTA comic.
                    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• cdhall
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 14, 2004

Jessica,

That ape is AMAZING!

Do you have more or more pix. I'll go see if you have anything in the Gallery. AWESOME! Thanks for posting!
                      Last edited by cdhall; Nov 29, '10, 11:01 AM.
                      —-
                      “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                      - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                      - Captain Spock
                      https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

Doug, this is the only other photograph I have. It was hard to put up his hair in a chonmage because I had styled and cut it. The body/inner outfit is a Hot Toys ape. The clothing is made by Crazy Owners, and I bought it so I could recreate it in Mego scale. I plucked off the gorilla face and put my sculpt of Julius on top. I've always hated the way the Hot Toys gorilla looked, I prefer him this way.

Started motions to recreate Mifune. A little small now so I need to be careful and get the eyes sized correctly before I fine tune him:
                        Last edited by jessica; Nov 29, '10, 2:39 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• cdhall
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 14, 2004

Thanks Jessica. Is that also not an 8" ape then? I thought that was the coolest 8" figure I'd ever seen. I will guess he is bigger than that.

Still awesome!
                          —-
                          “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                          - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                          - Captain Spock
                          https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• ironman1188
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 11, 2007

Great work as usual Jess.
                            BTW, If you ever figure out head enlarging, count me in if you resize that Hutch head!!
                            Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• LAST SON OF KRYPTON
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 15, 2010

Awesome work there as always !!!!
                              I'm here to fight for truth, and justice, and the American way.

Comment

• jessica
                                fortune favors the bold
                                • Nov 5, 2007

Mifune slowly forms. I can probably finish him off in two or three more layers of baking. I am glad to have resculpted him. I think he looks better and an oversized head would just bug me.

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎