Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DSTZach
    Museum Super Collector
    • Mar 1, 2012

My Famous Covers Spidey has been around the block a bit.
    B72KXEdIAAM3EbT.jpg

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by jayraytee
      PS: Famous Covers sucked.
      Famous Covers sucked so bad it got 5 waves and store exclusives...obviously customers bought them

Comment

• Vinny0026
        Year Five!!
        • Jan 26, 2012

I had no issue with the Famous covers - at first I was real happy with them.

As they were "Mego-Like" really wish they were made in the correct Mego size or scale.

Later on I just did not feel the same about them because they were NOT mego size or scale. So I sold or I'm still selling off the ones I have left.

I really hope you guys post some good pics later of Spidy. and all hope is still not lost if it is bad. Just means they have to fix those problems before the next figure is made.
        Really want the Marvel line to do well. Would really love all of the originals to be re-made - along with others never made.
        "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Famous Covers did suck. But they were cheap enough to excuse the flaws. $15 is quite cheaper than $80. I had them all. They didn't have to be "pre-ordered", and you could see them before buying.
          I think the figures should stop being made by CHINA!!! Supporting China is stupid. Make them in the United States!!!!

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            Famous Covers did suck. But they were cheap enough to excuse the flaws. $15 is quite cheaper than $80. I had them all. They didn't have to be "pre-ordered", and you could see them before buying.
            I think the figures should stop being made by CHINA!!! Supporting China is stupid. Make them in the United States!!!!
            some good points. - yes you could pick them up and see them/ touch them before buying. and yes 15 is always better than 80.00

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

I will support NO MORE remakes of any toys! I think the new FTC DC remade figures have crappy, loose fitting clothes that look terrible. The new figures all suck compared to the originals. NOBODY HAS REMADE ANYTHING TO MATCH THE QUALITY OF THE ORIGINALS. All the repro "Mego" bodies have issues that the originals didn't have. They aren't manufactured the same. They need to stop making junk!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

I think the Diamond/EMCE Trek and POTA are awfully darn close. If you factor in the improvements Paul made to the knee pins, they're neck and neck for my purposes.

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

I will support NO MORE remakes of any toys! I think the new FTC DC remade figures have crappy, loose fitting clothes that look terrible. The new figures all suck compared to the originals. NOBODY HAS REMADE ANYTHING TO MATCH THE QUALITY OF THE ORIGINALS. All the repro "Mego" bodies have issues that the originals didn't have. They aren't manufactured the same. They need to stop making junk!
                  TRUTH....

Comment

• Vinny0026
                    Year Five!!
                    • Jan 26, 2012

I think you have to take the good and the bad with everything:
                    1) I liked the EMCE Trek Figures - I Had No issues with them. And price point was fantastic! Got most of these for less than 10.00 per figure. I ditched my loose incomplete figures and got a nice shinny new set for display.
                    2)The DC Remakes from CTV - are good cheap replacements if your just buying figures for display. Much better to pay 25.00 a figure than to pay 50-70 for a loose figure that is incomplete and not mint or all original. If you had to piece ot that figure in reproduction parts: Head 5, cape 5, belt 5, sticker and boots 5, gloves 5 and a body 5 to 10. So even if you don't like the CTV body - you could put him on a type s. now you have a perfect display figure on the perfect body for 35.00. For the average guy who can't afford Minty originals this is still a great deal.
                    3) all of these re-megos have lead to some good things: like new parts on doc and ctv sites, the type s body!!, the new figures Neca is making, the 66 batman figures. So like I said you have to take the good with the bad. For the most part the re-megos have done more good than harm.

Again - I hope the marvel line makes it through. All of these companies have had some flaws - but for the most part they seem to fix them. and if they dont we will
                    But rather see these items being made than not being made at all.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                      Mego obsessed!!!
                      • Jul 20, 2010

Speaking of NECA...
                      How are they putting out awesome figures without the typical complaints that we hear about FTC, BBP, etc.?
                      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                        Speaking of NECA...
                        How are they putting out awesome figures without the typical complaints that we hear about FTC, BBP, etc.?
                        NECA bodies a A+ Solid! outfits and weapons are great! It's a shame NECA is not doing MARVEL,STARWARS,GI JOE,and WALKING DEAD

Comment

• Vinny0026
                          Year Five!!
                          • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Teemu
                          NECA bodies a A+ Solid! outfits and weapons are great! It's a shame NECA is not doing MARVEL,STARWARS,GI JOE,and WALKING DEAD
                          A point well made by you and Barrett
                          The detail is also there as well - no issues with them from my end.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                            Speaking of NECA...
                            I really think NECA caters to a different niche group besides Mego-heads. If you look at their process, the majority of the figure is still a sculpted and painted specimen, not unlike the six inch variety (heads, arms, hands, legs, and foot wear). It's very easy to take those clothes off and envision a sculpted outfit that would look like their six inch cousins. I think Neca really keeps most of the same principles from the six inch lines intact, but adds clothes and the slightly bigger scale to capture some of the Mego collectors as well. I think it's meant to broaden they're market, but not fall too far from the core concept that keeps their primary business coming back. It's not really a figure intended to be "dressed up" or customized in different clothes for the most part.
                            Last edited by MIB41; Jan 21, '15, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 27, 2009

This is all really disappointing, and I'm sure to Doc as much as to any of us. That said, at this price point, these had to be perfect, and based on what I'm seeing/reading they aren't close. I've canceled my pre-orders at BBTS. Maybe I'll pick them up if they get discounted at a later date. I really hope they can get this worked out, I wasn't sold on the three for one concept at the high price point to begin with and if the quality isn't there I suspect this line won't last and yet again we'll be denied new Marvel Megos

Comment

• Iron Mego
                                Wake Up Heavy
                                • Jan 31, 2010

I'm still holding out hope that these are pics of the prototype.
                                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎