Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dee T.
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 25, 2012

[QUOTE=Krypt0nite;1187034]I went to my LCS today and was able to see these sets first-hand. In person, the set does not look as bad as the pics last night would suggest, so I decided to go ahead and purchase one. Here are a few pics:

spider1.JPG

As has been pointed out, each arm, leg, and neck of the clothing has in effect been stapled to the packaging. I removed these as carefully as possible: the Spidey costume looks fine, but the Parker clothing has very distinct holes from the plastic staples.

Are the staples that hold the clothes in the box metal or is it a plastic?? Worried now about removing these for fear of the staples causing runs or holes.
    Clothes make the doll

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

dee T,

The tabs holding the clothes in are plastic. I removed them very carefully with scissors and they didn't leave any noticeable holes in the Spidey costume but they did leave holes in the Parker clothes.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

not bad at all...on S-Type body

100_6938.jpg

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

The figure on a s-type body looks okay but the suit still looks all washed out . For the price why did they put circle suit spidey on an old emce figure
          with no bicep swivel . That just sucks !

Comment

• WAV
            • Jul 31, 2009

I was thinking of getting this set because it would be nice to have a Peter Parker to go with my FTC Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson. What I eventually realized though, is what I really want is an original Mego Peter Parker. So, I headed over to Doc Mego's site and found that all the pieces are there to make the figure. Has anyone else done this? If so, are you happy with the result?

I'm really not sure about the head as the hair looks more black than brown. Is the hair color accurate to the original Mego?

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

I like this better with a red emce body in place of the regular body however the type-s looks to be the best choice

Comment

• Uni
                Museum Patron
                • Sep 7, 2008

I was about to do this, then found that someone else on here had already done so, so I bought that!

I've honestly never seen the original, but the EMCE head seemed fantastic. The only slightly off thing was the pants (on the left of the figure in the pic) which were too light. The dark blue ones in the pic were someone's one-off customs.

Originally posted by WAV
                I was thinking of getting this set because it would be nice to have a Peter Parker to go with my FTC Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson. What I eventually realized though, is what I really want is an original Mego Peter Parker. So, I headed over to Doc Mego's site and found that all the pieces are there to make the figure. Has anyone else done this? If so, are you happy with the result?

I'm really not sure about the head as the hair looks more black than brown. Is the hair color accurate to the original Mego?

Comment

• WAV
                  • Jul 31, 2009

That figure looks fantastic!
                  Can you tell me if the hair is coloured black or dark brown? It's hard to be sure from the photo.
                  Are the Doc Mego pants really that light? They look more white than light blue. Your replacement pants look great!

Comment

• Uni
                    Museum Patron
                    • Sep 7, 2008

Unfortunately, I have since sold him off (during the Dark Years)... The pants are just about that light, imagine the lightest jeans color 'ca 1988? The hair seems pretty dark in the pictures, doesn't it? It might be closer to black.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

I just got my Spidey set from EE the other day,My take on this set is that its cool,the retro Spiderman in the box is very well
                      done ,i removed the box without damage,Curiously the back of the head is still marked Marvel 1972 (looks like 1912)they copied
                      the orignal head right down to the original year date.I would like to build up the other two,Parker will be easy-Dr mego sells the
                      flesh body,But i dont see any red bodies at his website, Will he be getting these in?.The imformation booklit talks about Spideys
                      costumes over the years,Will there be a Spiderman 2 set with these mentioned costume variations,Love to get a Black Spdey
                      outfit,I hope they do it(but after Thor,Ironman,Capt America & others.The package says removable mask,but they explain that that
                      wasnt possible in the booklit.its a rather nice set ,but it seems one goof in changing hands (if they break pulling them out)would
                      ruin the whole thing,That happend with a venture bros monarch when it came with a broken hand once.Now waiting for Capt.

Comment

• pmwasson
                        Maker
                        • Sep 12, 2007

Got mine today and am very happy with the set!

I used an old Castaway red body for the modern Spider-Man and a the new EMCE screwed together / swivel bicep body for Peter Parker. Being able to take the lower arms off really helped in getting his clothes on. I put his arms and head on after the sweater! I also added a strap to his camera. I don't think of Peter wearing glasses, so they were easy to skip.

I was very careful when taking the parts out and have no complaints about holes in the fabric.
                        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

I lve the Spidey head and web shooting hands

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

These latest pics have me buying 2 sets of spiderman now. Keep up the good work !

Comment

• invisiblelad
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 6, 2014

I love that they used a red body for the Spiderman, but the red painted Spidey head on the repro makes that figure go from A+ perfection to a grade of B-. I'm holding out hope I find a reasonably priced loose Spidey repro w/ box or the set gets discounted to $50, or a little more if I can sell the modern Spidey stuff for enough to offset a higher price.

Paul, once agai your awesome pics make a clear & honest picture of the product you are photographing! Your pics have once again giving me the best feeling of what these would look like right on my coffee table! Thanks Again 4 another round of great pics! This is the best the set has looked to me by far!

Comment

• Vinny0026
                                Year Five!!
                                • Jan 26, 2012

I got my set last week. I did not open it yet -
                                But over all It is much better than those crappy facebook pictures that guy posted.

I was on the fence until I talked to Bronx Boy Kevin and read his review.
                                Over all I'm happy with it.
                                "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎