Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

I cancelled my pre orders of spidey, cap and wolverine(2 sets each) because these are not even close to the ctv DC figures.
    It is cheaper to buy a mego spidey head and suit on ebay and put on a type s or fist fighter body

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

I was really, really, really looking forward to this set.
      Spidy & Cap by far my 2 Fav Heros

This is a real Sad Day!
      I really wanted this line to do well so we could get classic Marvel Megos and some new marvel Megos

I had reserved 2 sets of Spidy. Got a call Saturday from the shop saying my card was declined. It was hacked during the holidays, so I had to get a new one. Guessing they had my old one on file. Glad I did not call them back yet. The pics and reviews are real bad - not woth 150.00 for the 2 sets.

We can only hope that the Captain America set will be made better and save this line -
      As of now its not looking good - and that is not good for any of us. With The famous Covers Line and Marvel Signature Line, and now This line not doing well - I doubt anyone else will get the rights to make Mego Style Figures again. This is really not good for us - well for me at least as I really wanted some Marvel Stuff

So fingers crossed these issues will be worked out before the next figure hits.
      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• drmego
        EMCE Toys
        • Jun 15, 2001

I should be able to get a good look at a set today and will talk to DST about what we can change for the future releases.

I read the posts last night on the Facebook pages but did not want to comment without seeing the set in person.
        www.drmego.com
        www.megoman.com
        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• megowgsh
          Customego HoF Curator
          • Nov 19, 2003

Does anybody else find it strange that the guy who posted all those pictures received the set on the exact same day it was set to ship? I was informed that shipping was set for Tuesday the 20th (yesterday) and this guy received his on the same day? Either mail in his area in better than "overnight" or he got his some other way. Am I missing something here?

Could it be possible that what he received and is showing is the prototype (either by accident or because he has an "in")? To me if the heads are really resin as was indicated there is a strong possibility that this is a prototype set and not one from the actual production run.

Comments?
          Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by drmego
            I should be able to get a good look at a set today and will talk to DST about what we can change for the future releases.

I read the posts last night on the Facebook pages but did not want to comment without seeing the set in person.
            I hope you can fix and save this line Doc.
            We need Marvel Remake Megos and New Marvel Megos in the world

Comment

• DSTZach
              Museum Super Collector
              • Mar 1, 2012

Not sure if you were talking to me, David, but I like the set a lot. The tape holding the repro box in place I'm going to ask about changing for the future, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. I wasn't involved in the development, obviously, so I don't know what compromises had to be made, but I think it looks pretty accurate to what we solicited. Not sure how a hole got in that guy's sweater vest, mine was fine.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                Year Five!!
                • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by megowgsh
                Does anybody else find it strange that the guy who posted all those pictures received the set on the exact same day it was set to ship? I was informed that shipping was set for Tuesday the 20th (yesterday) and this guy received his on the same day? Either mail in his area in better than "overnight" or he got his some other way. Am I missing something here?

Could it be possible that what he received and is showing is the prototype (either by accident or because he has an "in")? To me if the heads are really resin as was indicated there is a strong possibility that this is a prototype set and not one from the actual production run.

Comments?
                Austin you make a point - but how would that person get a proto-type set?
                The shop went to charge my card thursday and friday - they did not leave a message for me until saturday about my Credit card.

Had they had the correct card information I would have got the set yesterday - So its not really that odd that he has the set already.

Comment

• Killer Iguana
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Feb 6, 2013

This Spider-Man set is the first time I pre ordered something (and it will be the last) because I wanted to support the line. I tried to cancel, but Amok showed it already shipped. I'm a huge Spidey fan. This is disappointing.

Comment

• nobody
                    banjo!
                    • Jan 26, 2012

I think Doc can clear up any rumors of resin heads. I will be buying once I see a Romita Parker head in someones hands I trust.

Comment

• DSTZach
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Mar 1, 2012

They are definitely vinyl heads. I am holding the heads and squeezing them.
                      Last edited by DSTZach; Jan 21, '15, 10:07 AM. Reason: DOuble post.

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Vinny0026
                        I was really, really, really looking forward to this set.
                        Spidy & Cap by far my 2 Fav Heros

This is a real Sad Day!
                        I really wanted this line to do well so we could get classic Marvel Megos and some new marvel Megos

I had reserved 2 sets of Spidy. Got a call Saturday from the shop saying my card was declined. It was hacked during the holidays, so I had to get a new one. Guessing they had my old one on file. Glad I did not call them back yet. The pics and reviews are real bad - not woth 150.00 for the 2 sets.

We can only hope that the Captain America set will be made better and save this line -
                        As of now its not looking good - and that is not good for any of us. With The famous Covers Line and Marvel Signature Line, and now This line not doing well - I doubt anyone else will get the rights to make Mego Style Figures again. This is really not good for us - well for me at least as I really wanted some Marvel Stuff

So fingers crossed these issues will be worked out before the next figure hits.
                        I don't see famous covers as a failure...the line lasted 5 waves plus exclusives and close to 40 figures...by far from a failure! and is probably the biggest 8" line to go as far as Mego.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by DSTZach
                          Not sure if you were talking to me, David, but I like the set a lot. The tape holding the repro box in place I'm going to ask about changing for the future, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. I wasn't involved in the development, obviously, so I don't know what compromises had to be made, but I think it looks pretty accurate to what we solicited. Not sure how a hole got in that guy's sweater vest, mine was fine.
                          When does Cap come out? some websites are saying this month too

Comment

• BATMAN89
                            Mego obsessed!!!
                            • Jul 20, 2010

I'm hoping for some clear pics from one of our fine Museum members soon!
                            Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• jayraytee
                              Career Member
                              • May 27, 2011

Yes, an accurate review would be nice. I am reserving judgement until I hold my set. For those that are championing FTC, remember when that line started, the bodies were strung too tight, arms fell off in the packages, heads are often too big, the female bodies are defective, etc. The ZICA/Castaway Action Jackson also had production issues from China. All of these lines will have their issues, the question is do they accept them or improve?

PS: Famous Covers sucked.
                              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                                Moderation Engineer
                                • Aug 14, 2003

Famous Covers were great from the neck down; too bad they were an inch too tall.

I am reserving judgement until I have a set in hand. I'll be surprised if I can't tweak them to my liking. I hope that the proto Peter sculpt is just hiding under the paint app.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎