Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Doc's other project for bandless bodies?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melkorjunior
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 20, 2014

Well, I'm sold. I just bought a whole bunch of Type Z bodies (20, to get the bulk discount.) As for hands I have no problem swapping pins, or buying the occasional set of colored hands from Doctor Mego, and besides, the extra sets of hands ZICA includes are extremely cool on their own. Maybe I can just paint them. All I'll really need is the occasional purple, blue or green color. Can't wait to dump those crappy FTC bodies! And to create some interesting poses on my shelves!

I was kitbashing a removable mask Batman yesterday using the Mattel retro action head, outfit, and hands with an EMCE body--boy, those Mattel hands really are small. Bruce looks positively dainty with them. Oh, and the bat symbol on the Mattel outfit had mysteriously shriveled and fallen off the costume even though I just bought this figure new in the package. Thankfully FTC included an extra bat symbol decal with their retro Batman figure--very handy! And superior to the Mattel decal's design anyway. I think FTC should start doing more of that--including extra costume pieces and accessories--because their bodies are crap, and that would help soften the blow. (I super-glued the decal by the way--I hope that doesn't damage fabric, but it surer makes the decal stay on tight.)

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Iron Mego
      The posts are too small. You can wrap some tape around them for an easy fix.. Or swap out the pins, which is what I did. Not the perfect solution for the white and other-colored hands since it leaves a flesh colored post, but it's not that big a deal. Mattel hands are too small as well.

I like the bodies, but they are not without their peculiarities.
      Here's an option for making the FTC hands fit, heat shrink tubing. I bought a role of this and it worked fine on the Riddler's hands. It only takes a very small piece to fix the problem so one roll should last you a very, very long time.

Craig

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by mahseer
        Make sure the lower leg is pushed all the way up into the thigh. Sometimes you have to push very hard or maybe even heat them up. The legs should be even if they are put together right.
        I just experienced with a Type S body last night. Once I push the lower leg fully into the thigh piece, the legs were even.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
          Here's an option for making the FTC hands fit, heat shrink tubing. I bought a role of this and it worked fine on the Riddler's hands. It only takes a very small piece to fix the problem so one roll should last you a very, very long time.

Craig
          Good to know! I think I will try that on the Mattel Retro Action Green Lantern Hands. Suit looks great on the Type S, but I want to transfer the hands over too.

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA

Craig
            I just bought 20 bodies

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
              Mighty Man/Monster Maker
              • Aug 14, 2007

Me too. I was planning to buy ten anyway, so I figured it was a good deal.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
              https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

My biggest concern with switching FTC to Type S is the scale difference--FTC bodies run small. This can lead to costume problems depending on how the suit is patterned & sewn.

Some clothing can be too snug on Type S bodies, I ripped a seam on a Joker suit as it was so tight due to the taller body. Riddler was fine, though, it's a baggier suit.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

I just successfully put my FTC Batman on the Type S body with no problems...the head fits,the suit fit and is now fully poseable

after destroying the Crappy cheap plastic FTC body,I had no problems cutting the plastic with scissors and using a razor to get the head out...upon noticing that they use cheap plastic,no wonder these break...the plastic tears easily because each arm is on hooks with a super tight rubber band...because its so tight,the more you pose the arms,the more its just going to tear.....FTC should be ashamed of their bodies

The 66' Batman are getting new bodies too (that's a must)

Comment

• BATMAN89
                    Mego obsessed!!!
                    • Jul 20, 2010

Hello, why is CAW/ZICA's body being discussed in Dr. Mego's / EMCE sub-forum?
                    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                    My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

much better! no problems swapping....I hope 66' batman goes just as smooth...I can't wait to use these bodies for EMCE's Marvel updates and retro's

100_6622.jpg

Comment

• Boywonder0
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 29, 2007

^^^ Looks great!

Comment

• johnmiic
                          Adrift
                          • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                          Hello, why is CAW/ZICA's body being discussed in Dr. Mego's / EMCE sub-forum?
                          Because the thread went off on a tangent. Tho I think discussing how FTC bodies are still junk bodies only helps Dr. Mego more.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                            Mego obsessed!!!
                            • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by johnmiic
                            Because the thread went off on a tangent. Tho I think discussing how FTC bodies are still junk bodies only helps Dr. Mego more.
                            Yep, I do wish Doc would post an update about his bandless bodies, and maybe tell us why they are not being used for Marvel heroes. The bodies were originally supposed to be done before 2014.
                            It sure seemed like 'Legendary Marvel Heroes' would be the license that would get them. You can't get much bigger than that!
                            Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                              Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                              • Aug 14, 2007

I agree. If nor marvel, then what? No offense, but I really hope it isn't star wars. I just couldn't care less.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                              https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• melkorjunior
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Apr 20, 2014

GaryPlaysWithDolls, I also couldn't care less about Star Wars--which by my count, means there are about five of us in the world.

The problem with Doctor Mego not having his bandless figures ready yet is that we have a perfectly good bandless alternative in the ZICA body available right now. After having bought 20 type Z bodies to upgrade my figures, I'm not going to switch to yet another new body and upgrade yet again.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎