Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Doc's other project for bandless bodies?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I would probably go for a Star Wars line if it was affordable, unlike the Marvel line. It was the line I was expecting to see as a kid.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by BATMAN89
      Hello, why is CAW/ZICA's body being discussed in Dr. Mego's / EMCE sub-forum?
      Been wondering the same thing for four pages....lol
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• BATMAN89
        Mego obsessed!!!
        • Jul 20, 2010

It's Type 'S' (for solid)!
        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 28, 2013

For my limited time on the forum, it seems to me like Doc keeps his plans quiet until close to release, or until plans are solid. I get it, and I would love to get a sneak peak but waiting to get the product afterwards can be a bit torturous. One of the benefits of knowing something is coming down the line is budgeting. I passed on Retro-Batman knowing the 66 version was coming out. I passed on anything Power Lords related from The FourHorseMen to save for the ReMego stuff coming down the line. Both products I would have bought if Figures, NECA, and Castaway/ ZICA had been quiet about product in the works. I am all for speculating, though, and I personally hope Doc is working on a new line of Tomland Space Aliens!

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
            Mighty Man/Monster Maker
            • Aug 14, 2007

I'd buy Hanna-barbera stuff. Space ghost, herculoids, blue falcon, etc... Course, I'd rather have scooby-doo than star wars.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
            https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
              For my limited time on the forum, it seems to me like Doc keeps his plans quiet until close to release, or until plans are solid. I get it, and I would love to get a sneak peak but waiting to get the product afterwards can be a bit torturous. One of the benefits of knowing something is coming down the line is budgeting. I passed on Retro-Batman knowing the 66 version was coming out. I passed on anything Power Lords related from The FourHorseMen to save for the ReMego stuff coming down the line. Both products I would have bought if Figures, NECA, and Castaway/ ZICA had been quiet about product in the works. I am all for speculating, though, and I personally hope Doc is working on a new line of Tomland Space Aliens!
              they are doing Power Lords Mego's?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

^^ No, the 4 Horsemen are doing action figures for the Power Lords.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                  Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                  • Aug 14, 2007

I just figured this thread would be a bunch of wish lists of obscure seventies properties that we were all hoping to see in 8 inches of plastic and cloth, not a love/hate thread of the Zica stuff.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12

Comment

• megocrazy
                    Museum Trouble Maker
                    • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                    Yep, I do wish Doc would post an update about his bandless bodies, and maybe tell us why they are not being used for Marvel heroes. The bodies were originally supposed to be done before 2014.
                    It sure seemed like 'Legendary Marvel Heroes' would be the license that would get them. You can't get much bigger than that!
                    Did I miss Doc saying his new body wouldn't be used on the Marvel line? Though Diamond does own the rights to a previously produced body if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps there will be things revealed in the upcoming weeks. If only there was, perhaps a gathering, or meeting perse, where some people that have a like minded ability to gather, or perhaps collect items from a specific manufacturer, or company, that may or may not still be in business, but had the overall strong yet short lived success, that would later inspire, if not to say motivate others to want to re-create, or perhaps re-establish the same feeling in middle aged adults, that they felt as children, if only such an event existed it would create a room, ever so Suite that many would go to, mind you congregate, and in the hours spent talking with others, perhaps secrets, as minor as many others would find them, to these like minded individuals, as juvenile as they are, would find the revelations, interesting, or more likely, life changing and wallet draining, if only such a thing existed, occuring in months, no weeks, as few can have the patience to wait that long, to sit by those we wish to ask the unanswerable, and limitless questions, that will more than likely shape immediate futures and beyond, of the toy collecting communities, and if only there were a person that could answer such questions, without the use of any statement, or more so sentence ending punctuation like a period but filled if not simply dripping with outlandishly presented sarcasm. If only.
                    Last edited by megocrazy; May 4, '14, 8:52 PM.
                    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by megocrazy
                      Did I miss Doc saying his new body wouldn't be used on the Marvel line?
                      Yes, in another thread he confirmed that they are NOT being used for the Marvel line.
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• melkorjunior
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Apr 20, 2014

Was there any hint given about how big this new license might be? Because if it's supposed to be big but not Marvel, all I can think of is Star Wars...maybe Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter?

If we have no idea how major the license is, then it could be anything, although the choices seem to be rapidly dwindling these days as so many licenses are being made...I mean, we've got Mego type figures for the Brady Bunch and the Six Million Dollar Man now. That's just crazy (in a good way.) If it's a more obscure license I'd love to see Farscape figures. A Mego Scorpius would just be ridiculously awesome.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by megocrazy
                          Did I miss Doc saying his new body wouldn't be used on the Marvel line? Though Diamond does own the rights to a previously produced body if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps there will be things revealed in the upcoming weeks. If only there was, perhaps a gathering, or meeting perse, where some people that have a like minded ability to gather, or perhaps collect items from a specific manufacturer, or company, that may or may not still be in business, but had the overall strong yet short lived success, that would later inspire, if not to say motivate others to want to re-create, or perhaps re-establish the same feeling in middle aged adults, that they felt as children, if only such an event existed it would create a room, ever so Suite that many would go to, mind you congregate, and in the hours spent talking with others, perhaps secrets, as minor as many others would find them, to these like minded individuals, as juvenile as they are, would find the revelations, interesting, or more likely, life changing and wallet draining, if only such a thing existed, occuring in months, no weeks, as few can have the patience to wait that long, to sit by those we wish to ask the unanswerable, and limitless questions, that will more than likely shape immediate futures and beyond, of the toy collecting communities, and if only there were a person that could answer such questions, without the use of any statement, or more so sentence ending punctuation like a period but filled if not simply dripping with outlandishly presented sarcasm. If only.
                          Very nice.

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Just an thought while perusing the new Entertainment Earth catalog:

BBP makes NCIS bobbleheads... hmmm, interesting.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                              Mego obsessed!!!
                              • Jul 20, 2010

Doc's $5.00 bodies still make me happy!
                              The price is right and my customs look buff!
                              Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                                Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                                • Aug 14, 2007

Just got a crate of zica bodies delivered today for $7 apiece. Do like downside bodies, though. Please don't be nice. Please.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎