X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by LOU
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but Riddler was really the only character on the show whose costume was different than the comics right? Didn't eveyone else in the Legion Of Doom pretty much have 70's comic accurate costumes anyway?
    Nope.... at least RIDDLER, BRAINIAC, CAP COLD and GRODD would be considered significant departures.

And that RIDDLER you chose? I don't think that sculpt is all too great.... it looks too much like the LOD's w/the crazy receding hairline.

The recent wave of the DCUCs has a perfect RIDDLER IMHO.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• LOU
      Museum FIN-atic
      • Nov 20, 2003

Originally posted by huedell
      Nope.... at least RIDDLER, BRAINIAC, CAP COLD and GRODD would be considered significant departures.

And that RIDDLER you chose? I don't think that sculpt is all too great.... it looks too much like the LOD's w/the crazy receding hairline.

The recent wave of the DCUCs has a perfect RIDDLER IMHO.
      Really hue? I thought Brainiac, Grodd and Captain Cold looked very similar in the comics of the 70's. Once again I think I need to revisit some of my childhood comics.

As far as the Riddler pic I posted, I meant more costume-style than head sculpt necessarily. I'll have to go find a pic of the DCU Riddler to see what you mean.

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by LOU
        Really hue? I thought Brainiac, Grodd and Captain Cold looked very similar in the comics of the 70's. Once again I think I need to revisit some of my childhood comics.
        BRANIAC: Maroon shirt/Olive green skin vs. pink shirt/light green skin.
        CAP COLD: Flesh face/light blue suit vs. blue face/DARK blue suit
        GRODD: Brown fur vs. Black fur

I could go on, but, frankly, you could check these things out for yourself
        on the Net very easily.

Originally posted by LOU
        As far as the Riddler pic I posted, I meant more
        costume-style than head sculpt necessarily. I'll have to go find a pic of
        the DCU Riddler to see what you mean.
        It's not only the (incredible) new DCUC RIDDLER figure
        that fits the bill... just take a gander at the uber FAMOUS source art
        that's on the Mego boxes/cards for the character... it's basically the
        same vibe...especially regarding the (somewhat) fuller hair.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• LOU
          Museum FIN-atic
          • Nov 20, 2003

Ah, I see. I wonder why they made those subtle changes? I can totally understand why COTSF's Riddler didn't have question marks all over him; because it was too hard to animate...much like the 60's animated Spider-Man having webbing only on part of his costume. Just a guess on my part.

Is this the Riddler you speak of?

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by LOU
            Ah, I see. I wonder why they made those subtle changes? I can totally understand why COTSF's Riddler didn't have question marks all over him; because it was too hard to animate...much like the 60's animated Spider-Man having webbing only on part of his costume. Just a guess on my part.
            I'd put money on your guess being right.

As far as the other changes... I'm sure there was "pondered logistics"
            for each... not to say they were "good" ideas, but I think that's
            pretty arbitrary.

Originally posted by LOU
            Is this the Riddler you speak of?
            Yep...I think so... altho I never saw it that close up!

Comment

• TrueDave
              Toy Maker
              • Jan 12, 2008

Did I miss any news on a Bizarro?
              I have to say on the Riddler I like teh suit with question marks all over. Why would he wear tights? In goes along with the other suit wearing batman foes: Joker, Penguin, Dr Hugo Strange, Ventriloquist, Two Face, Bookworm,
              I'd hate to be the only guy to show up in a leotard at a suit affair.
              Oh, and he has to have teh bowler! Suit or not.

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by TrueDave
                I have to say on the Riddler I like teh suit with question marks all over. Why would he wear tights? In goes along with the other suit wearing batman foes: Joker, Penguin, Dr Hugo Strange, Ventriloquist, Two Face, Bookworm,
                I'd hate to be the only guy to show up in a leotard at a suit affair.
                Oh, and he has to have teh bowler! Suit or not.
                Well, we're all entitled to our opinions, but I'd like a demarcation
                between what actually was the style guide for BRONZE AGE
                DC UNIVERSE characters versus the ego of a middle-aged TV actor
                who didn't feel as comfortable in a leotard as he did in a suit.

Comment

• LOU
                  Museum FIN-atic
                  • Nov 20, 2003

Originally posted by huedell
                  I'd put money on your guess being right.

As far as the other changes... I'm sure there was "pondered logistics"
                  for each... not to say they were "good" ideas, but I think that's
                  pretty arbitrary.

Yep...I think so... altho I never saw it that close up!
                  Yeah, he is pretty awesome isn't he?!! I do like that head sculpt/facial expression better too!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎