X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by cdhall
    does this mean I don't have to panic on having missed any Trek figures yet, except maybe Khan?

I want to know how many more seconds I have to get them. I almost have 2 of each and I need to get the Deluxe Space Command Center (or two).

So we still have time to get Sulu etc? Thanks Doc!

Well...I can't speak for Doc...but if I were you, I WOULDN'T WAIT!!! As far as I know, the only Figure Doc went back into production with for a 2nd run...is Kirk(correct me if I'm wrong)!

You call yourself a Star Trek Fan...and you haven't bought a Sulu yet?? What the HELL is wrong with you!!!

In case the Smiley Icons weren't enough...I'm teasing.
    sigpic

Comment

• cdhall
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 14, 2004

I Know...

Originally posted by The Bat
      Well...I can't speak for Doc...but if I were you, I WOULDN'T WAIT!!! As far as I know, the only Figure Doc went back into production with for a 2nd run...is Kirk(correct me if I'm wrong)!

You call yourself a Star Trek Fan...and you haven't bought a Sulu yet?? What the HELL is wrong with you!!!

In case the Smiley Icons weren't enough...I'm teasing.
      Yes, I could tell you were teasing.

I bought 12 Scotties and Andorians and Romulans online from Schwartz I believe. And I couldn't find Sulu. I don't think he was released. Then I bought a few from local stores, including Chekov but still couldn't find Sulu.

I have a Sulu and Chekov that Dave Painted but now my son has everyone but Sulu. I should get Emce ones for myself as well.

I had to um, take some drastic measures to get my son to Scout Camp this summer so I am also having to look for Khan now...

I have to wait just a bit but I don't know where I can get him locally. I noticed Doc still has them on his site so I'll likely go ahead and get 2 packs from him even to complete 2 sets of the crew.

This is so cool. I can't wait to have the Dida Enterprise host some WGSH or something like that.

OOOH! My son had a friend over who has a bunch of little 3" GI Joes I guess. My son wanted some. He's 11. He showed his buddy his Emce Trek crew and now his buddy wants some too.

I need to tell his dad where they came from.

Or give the kid a free sample...hmmm...

Don't revoke my membership yet. Maybe I can help capture the next generation.
      —-
      “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
      - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
      - Captain Spock
      https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• EVENINGWOLF
        • Aug 16, 2009

any word on which other characters will be in the new line?

Comment

• johnpauljones
          • Oct 13, 2007

Originally posted by LOU
          YES! This line sounds exciting! I know I'm getting them. Raydeen, if they do what you have suggested above, and design all the characters on that art, they will be FANTASTIC! That's the ultimate homage to Mego too, using the characters costumes from Mego's era. I don't want this to become tatinted with characters like Steel, Nightwing, etc though like so many other current lines are. They should stick to the Mego-era comic book references in my opnion. So far they have so that's a GREAT sign! Yeah, to heck with Steel and such...bring on Captain Boomerang and Toyman!!

So I think that's the perfect idea Raydeen, new 8 inch figures costumed exactly like that artwork! Ingenuous!
          Which Steel are you talking about? The Steel (who now goes by citizen Steel in the JSA) I think of first, debuted in 1976 or 77, which I think is still Mego time frame. That said, a Mego Firestorm (who debuted around the same time) would be great!

Comment

• drogge
            Career Member
            • Jul 24, 2009

Mego in 2010

If we are going under the veil "what if Mego never left, " it is perfectly ok for some of the figures to be current. There are some figures we can pretty muck count on:
            Flash
            Batman
            Wonder Woman
            It is most likely the figures to be released in 2010 have already been decided do to production planning and purchase of materials. It was annnounced that 15 fgures are coming , so we know what atleast 8 will be.
            This is so exciting. Here is my list of what I think the other 7 will be:
            Cheeta
            Batgirl
            a villian for Flash
            Joker
            Riddler
            Aquaman
            a viilian for Aquaman

I bet we see some playsets also
            Keep in mind the old Mego followed what was going on at the Movies and TV. It is reasonable Mego should do the same.
            When exactly will these figures be available?
            Last edited by drogge; Aug 22, '09, 3:54 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

• drmego
              EMCE Toys
              • Jun 15, 2001

I can't discuss any unannounced characters until Mattel tells me I am free to do so.

As for availability of figures - Green Arrow is set for mid-December and the other
              4 (Supes, Luthor, GL, Sinestro) for Easter 2010.

More information as it becomes available.
              www.drmego.com
              www.megoman.com
              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

We know that Doc, and believe me, we are not pressuring you to spill any secrets that will get you into trouble. (not much, anyway. LOL!)

We're just building castles in the sky in this thread here; each of us putting in our half a dollar's worth (two cent's doesn't buy squat in this economy, you know.) and waiting with bated breath for the figures to come out.

In the meantime, we will keep on customizing our own figures, making suggestions for others, asking questions on materials and paints, and generally acting like the lovable, overgrown geeks we are.

Let's say it people!

YES, I AM A GEEK AND PROUD OF IT! YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THAT, BUB?
                JediJaida

Comment

• MegoMark71
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 18, 2008

toysrus better watch out

Comment

• EVENINGWOLF
                    • Aug 16, 2009

15 characters...that's what was in the DC run of the original WGSH line (excluding the teen titans).

Understanding the constraints you are under drmego. Can you tell us...if there are any plans to pursue negotiations to acquire permission to produce any maverl characters in addition to the DC characters. OR...if that has alread been attmepted and rejected by the license holders of the marvel characters?

Comment

• geoffdude
                      Banned
                      • Apr 18, 2009

Originally posted by EVENINGWOLF
                      15 characters...that's what was in the DC run of the original WGSH line (excluding the teen titans).

Understanding the constraints you are under drmego. Can you tell us...if there are any plans to pursue negotiations to acquire permission to produce any maverl characters in addition to the DC characters. OR...if that has alread been attmepted and rejected by the license holders of the marvel characters?
                      Knowing what I do about Marvel, and Marvel Lic. endeavors specifically, I wouldn't hold out ANY hope that Marvel would sign on for this.. or, if there was some talk going on, that EMCE would be able to reach an agreement with them. Marvel Entertainment is beyond reasonable in dealing with thier properties.

Regards,

g.

Comment

• DocDrako
                        Formerly Doc Drako
                        • Nov 11, 2004

I'm afraid that at any second I am going to wake up and find that this is only a dream. And then I'll have to post it at the Mego Museum as my worst Mego nightmare ever. That would suck.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• EVENINGWOLF
                          • Aug 16, 2009

Mego and Marvel...

Originally posted by geoffdude
                          Knowing what I do about Marvel, and Marvel Lic. endeavors specifically, I wouldn't hold out ANY hope that Marvel would sign on for this.. or, if there was some talk going on, that EMCE would be able to reach an agreement with them. Marvel Entertainment is beyond reasonable in dealing with thier properties.

Regards,

g.
                          I suppose...Guess well just have to hope that the dc line goes well enough that they decide to continue it on past the ones they are already planning for...personally I'd like to see them take this the way of the dc direct line as far as number and variety of characters. But then I always have been a bit of a dreamer.

Comment

• shornk
                            • Aug 16, 2006

Well now that Marvel has been sold to Disney, I wonder if they may change their tune.
                            shornk shornk shornk

Comment

• Mego Milk
                              Custom Mego Maker
                              • Jun 3, 2007

Aw Yeah Me too!
                              Aw Yeah with the cool Hat and Red coat!
                              Aw Yeah Doc Rocks!
                              Aw Yeah December is coming up soon!

Comment

• Zemo
                                Still Smokin'
                                • Feb 14, 2006

Originally posted by shornk
                                Well now that Marvel has been sold to Disney, I wonder if they may change their tune.
                                I think this will make a Marvel deal impossible. Disney is a tough cookie when it comes to their stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎