el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Nothing at my Target.
    sigpic

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

When all was said and done, despite some of the trials and tribulations of the process (and it is easy to get frustrated while you are in process and easy to forget that frustration in hindsight), I ended up getting 5 of the 6 I really wanted via Target online and the brick and the brick and mortar stores I ventured too. The negatives were more down to clueless employees at Target than anything under Mego's direct control, and even the best system can fail if the people implementing it don't care enough to do it right (which is what I suspect is behind some of the issues with the clueless Target employees at the store level). I have to wait a bit for the three I ordered from the website to arrive, but in the meantime I've got Batman and Harley in hand, so all in all I don't have much to complain about really. The figures are cool. It's awesome just to be back on the hunt for NEW Mego product for the first time since I was a kid, so even with the bumps in the road, I wouldn't trade the experience in just because some of it didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked. If I somehow run into a Dracula, great, if not, I still got 5 other new Megos and all the excitement and sheer joy that the Mego relaunch brought to me since I heard the first announcement, through speculating what would be available, through going on the hunt, and now getting to enjoy the new Megos I do have. Short of a full Micronauts revival, I don;t think the launch or relaunch of any other toy line could have come close to bringing that to me. I won't pay a dime to scalpers, but I am not going to let a few inconveniences form the roll out ruin my enjoyment of the whole shebang either.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• cdhall
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 14, 2004

The 2nd Target I originally posted about now has a few on the shelf and the sharp young lady who was a new employee said there are more in the system and the aisle they were on is scheduled to be reset tonight/5am so tomorrow it will look different. I’m curious to check the 4 I’ve been to but I can’t go out of my way. I currently have the five I wanted:
        1. Chekov
        2. Sulu
        Star Trek Bridge crew now complete
        3. Kirk/Spock 2 pack
        New Trek Megos, not really useful without the rest of the Mirror crew...
        4. Dracula
        Simply awesome figure, could redo 2+ episodes with Dracula in the cast. I can think of 5 right away:
        1) The Conscience of the King
        2) Wolf In The Fold
        3) Court Martial
        4) The Man Trap
        5) Obsession
        5. Action Jackson, although he’s like Red Shirts. I’d like several of him. If I were playing with them he’d be Red Shirt city with a lifespan of one allowance/paycheck, lol.
        Last edited by cdhall; Jul 29, '18, 10:49 PM.
        —-
        “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
        - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
        - Captain Spock
        https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• MEMEGO
          Career Member
          • Sep 6, 2007

No megos at 2 targets in bronx

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Well I have 6 Targets within easy driving range and decided to pick Lodi, CA of all places to start and <BOOM!> I had a magical morning which not only included an awesome end cap (complete with a big Mego logo that I saw from across the store!) filled neatly with new Mego goodness of all varieties. Truly fun and beyond my expectations! Had a blast and even met another Megohead back in the area for Oregon. We shared childhood/adult Mego-energy and both tripped' the F-out over the Bela Drac! Couldn't have been cooler!

Sorry so many fellow members didnt' have such luck, but it was obvious to me being in a few stores shopping over the past few weeks that every store is going through re-org and every store manager seems to have a different approach. Once your local store catches up, you're going to have a really fun time too! Jeezuzz Chrysler, I even got a good laugh over Tootie on the shelf! Hang in there, don't pay the scalpers and it will pan out as Marty explained.

… btw, that store had 6 Dracs… one for me, one for the supercool guy I met, and we left four hanging for others to have a blast with. I also picked up Sulu; he's pretty great too!

Comment

• comicmike
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 22, 2009

Sulu came back up online tonight(Sunday). I see 14" Wonder Woman now on Monday AM.
              Last edited by comicmike; Jul 30, '18, 5:43 AM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Some people found him in the stores, and cancelled their orders. I was with somebody who did it today. I wonder how many people did that.

Comment

• SKotK
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 11, 2014

I actually couldn't get my order cancelled today, and by the time I got home it had moved into "Shipped" status not allowing me to do anything else with it. The person I talked to on the phone for Target said to try calling back on Tuesday and they may be able to do a cancellation then. Worst case scenario, I get an extra figure.

--SKot
                  Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Wonder Woman and Sulu restocked online.

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

Action Jackson now available.

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Just picked up Wonder Woman and AJ online. Guess it's worth keeping an out out there for restocks.

Comment

• Duncan
                          Museum focus-groupie
                          • Jun 27, 2009

Drac is on line.

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

And Harley. Thank goodness I have a Taarget card or the shipping would be killing me here.

Comment

• Duncan
                              Museum focus-groupie
                              • Jun 27, 2009

Just got Harley, thanks.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 22, 2011

Just ordered Drac. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎