Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Exactly why is the site saying they aren't available in stores? Let's discourage people from going the the stores to check for them and maybe pick up other stuff while they are there? That's kind of the opposite of the whole idea of having exclusives.

Comment

• Darth Freeman
      • Mar 20, 2011

Showed up at my local Target as the doors opened. I was eyeing a couple of guys that I thought might be looking for the same thing I was looking for: Chekhov and Sulu.

I was right in that they were looking for action figures, but they were looking for Star Wars stuff, not Mego Star Trek. The store had nothing. I went home thinking I could get them online. Chekhov was still available, but Sulu was not.

Megos are a feature of my Facebook posts, so I was sharing on my FB page that Chekhov had just boarded a shuttlecraft to join the rest of the crew from 1974, but Sulu missed it--then, I suggested that Sulu could probably be found on Ebay, even though the were only to have been available just this morning. Sure enough, I found Sulu at twice the retail price.

I have no intention of rewarding the speculators.

Comment

• wise guy
        Career Member
        • Dec 29, 2014

I tried 4 local Targets (3 said on line only) and the 4 store I recognized a local scalper
        showing pics on his phone to a Target employee, that said they might have some but won't know until they set toy area in a few weeks. This is why I quit collecting figures at retail.
        I might just save money for something else. 4 Targets that I contacted didn't know
        anything about 7-29-18 as release date for Mego here in Fresno Ca.

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by comicmike
          Thank you for words. They help name how I'm feeling.

Le Sigh.

Exactly, Been waiting with the kids for weeks for this day...And what a disappointment it was. My kids were up at 6 am to go Mego hunting with me today to find nothing at Target (on the projected Mego release date). This is not the way it use to be back in the days...there was always enough for everybody. How could kids nowadays experience the joys of collecting Megos (like we did in our childhood), if there are no Megos around. I'm sorry but this quickly became a fire sale for the scalpers to capitlize on "Evilbay".
          Last edited by Ivaniski; Jul 29, '18, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 14, 2012

Yeah, I'm bummed out right now. I was supposed to start work at 8 AM this morning, which is when all of the Targets out here open. So I played hooky from work for an hour so I could hit up my closest Target at 8... but they had nothing. Then my back-up plan was to order it online from Target, but most of those are already sold out. I can't believe they sold out online so fast, just within a few hours of going up!

So, I have the three I found on sale early at a Target a few days ago, and I just ordered three more from the website (the other two still available online are two of the ones I already found). I'll have some more spare time on Monday and Tuesday, and I'll hit up the other stores in my area then, and who knows, maybe I'll strike gold at one of them. But man, I had visions of walking into that checkout lane with a cart piled full of Megos, so it's a disappointing day for me right now.

Comment

• theSamurai
              Banned
              • Mar 27, 2017

Here's what I found at my closest TARGET, and how I found them (sitting on top of a pallet of AC units).

:/

Makes me think the initial mix info was off, wrong or not fully complete.

These look like full inner-cases of each 14" figure.

So.. bottom-line is (for the 14" figs at least) there may be different case mixes. Full cases of same fig, and mixed fig cases.

YMMV
              Last edited by theSamurai; Jul 29, '18, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by wise guy
                I tried 4 local Targets (3 said on line only) and the 4 store I recognized a local scalper
                showing pics on his phone to a Target employee, that said they might have some but won't know until they set toy area in a few weeks. This is why I quit collecting figures at retail.
                I might just save money for something else. 4 Targets that I contacted didn't know
                anything about 7-29-18 as release date for Mego here in Fresno Ca.
                You live in Fresno??? Which stores did you go to, if you don't mind my asking.
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Went to one Target this morning and the clerks couldn't get their stories straight. I had misread the hours for Sunday (looked at the CVS hours inside Target instead of Target's hours, so got their at 9 when they opened at 8. I asked one about the Megos not realizing my wife had already asked a different clerk, and we got different stories-

Me:(after looking through toy section and collectible section and seeing no sign of a space for the Mego products) I'm looking for the Target exclusive Mego action figures that are coming out today.
                  Clerk: Um, we had a bunch of people here earleir and we're all wiped out.
                  Me: Oh, ok, But you did get them in.
                  Clerk: I guess so.
                  (now I am thinking you guess so? If you don;t know how do you know they all sold out...)

My wife (to a different clerk earlier): Do you have the Mego action figures.
                  Clerk: We have had a lot of people ask about those and we can't find the boxes in the store room. We took name sof the people who were here earlier and they get dibs, so we'll be sold out.
                  My wife: Oh. Are you sure, is it worth waiting to see if you find the cases?
                  Clerk: Well that big group of people over there (points to the electronics counter) are all waiting to see if we find them...

(there's about a half dozen guys in super-hero t-shirts loitering at the counter.

After we compared notes, we left. When we got in the car, we decided to call a different Target. The kd there was helpful at least. He said all he had was the Jeannie box set and maybe the Batman left. He put us on hold to double check and said he had Jeannie, Batman and Harley. We asked him if he could hold a Batman and Harley for us for an hour, and he said we would, so we drove over. When we got there, I went and picked them up. He had 3 cases of the Batman/Harley assortment and 1 case of the Jeannie and that was all that had come out of the store room so far. I got Bats and Harley and he told me that most of the Targets in the area don;t have stock set up crews on Sundays, so most would not be putting out the figures on the shelves until Monday at the earliest, even though the 29th was the on-sale date, but they were looking in the stock room for them when people asked for them. My wife and I browsed a bit, and he came and found me to tell me he had found and opened up a "box of 70s stuff" on the Megos if I was interested, and I went and looked and it was 2 each of Charlie's Angels Kelly, Fonzie and Jimi Hendrix. I had already picked up a Jimi online last night (with a Zod and Wonder Woman), so passed. I did run into a guy there in a Mego Meet t-shirt who had grabbed the Jeannie 2-pack, and we chatted for a bit. Not sure if it will be worth going back tomorrow (a pain because I work) but I am off Tuesday so I might call again and see if they got anything else in. The only other one I am really interested in is Dracula, but I doubt I am going to find it at retail and I refuse to pay scalpers for it, so I think I have what I will get of the first wave now.

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by scott metzger
                    Exactly why is the site saying they aren't available in stores? Let's discourage people from going the the stores to check for them and maybe pick up other stuff while they are there? That's kind of the opposite of the whole idea of having exclusives.
                    Even if they don't have the product they want you to come anyway into the stores and purchase something else. That is how retail works. It's just like black friday ads, they have very limited product,if at all, just to get you into the store.Working 15 years in retail,I've seen it over and over. Guess who get's crapped on for it? The employees

Comment

• theSamurai
                      Banned
                      • Mar 27, 2017

Originally posted by MRP
                      Went to one Target this morning and the clerks couldn't get their stories straight. I had misread the hours for Sunday (looked at the CVS hours inside Target instead of Target's hours, so got their at 9 when they opened at 8. I asked one about the Megos not realizing my wife had already asked a different clerk, and we got different stories-

Me:(after looking through toy section and collectible section and seeing no sign of a space for the Mego products) I'm looking for the Target exclusive Mego action figures that are coming out today.
                      Clerk: Um, we had a bunch of people here earleir and we're all wiped out.
                      At my TARGET there were 20 people lined up at 7:45am.. they all wanted Funko Pop Pokemon. I wonder if that's what your TARGET people were referring to.. and they didn't know their MEGO from Pekachu.

Originally posted by MRP
                      Me: Oh, ok, But you did get them in.
                      Clerk: I guess so.
                      (now I am thinking you guess so? If you don;t know how do you know they all sold out...)

My wife (to a different clerk earlier): Do you have the Mego action figures.
                      Clerk: We have had a lot of people ask about those and we can't find the boxes in the store room. We took name sof the people who were here earlier and they get dibs, so we'll be sold out.
                      My wife: Oh. Are you sure, is it worth waiting to see if you find the cases?
                      Clerk: Well that big group of people over there (points to the electronics counter) are all waiting to see if we find them...

(there's about a half dozen guys in super-hero t-shirts loitering at the counter.
                      Yep.. that sounds like the Funko POP crowd I saw this AM at mine too. They were telling the guy to go get them out of the back room.

Originally posted by MRP
                      After we compared notes, we left. When we got in the car, we decided to call a different Target. The kd there was helpful at least. He said all he had was the Jeannie box set and maybe the Batman left. He put us on hold to double check and said he had Jeannie, Batman and Harley. We asked him if he could hold a Batman and Harley for us for an hour, and he said we would, so we drove over. When we got there, I went and picked them up. He had 3 cases of the Batman/Harley assortment and 1 case of the Jeannie and that was all that had come out of the store room so far. I got Bats and Harley and he told me that most of the Targets in the area don;t have stock set up crews on Sundays, so most would not be putting out the figures on the shelves until Monday at the earliest, even though the 29th was the on-sale date, but they were looking in the stock room for them when people asked for them. My wife and I browsed a bit, and he came and found me to tell me he had found and opened up a "box of 70s stuff" on the Megos if I was interested, and I went and looked and it was 2 each of Charlie's Angels Kelly, Fonzie and Jimi Hendrix. I had already picked up a Jimi online last night (with a Zod and Wonder Woman), so passed. I did run into a guy there in a Mego Meet t-shirt who had grabbed the Jeannie 2-pack, and we chatted for a bit. Not sure if it will be worth going back tomorrow (a pain because I work) but I am off Tuesday so I might call again and see if they got anything else in. The only other one I am really interested in is Dracula, but I doubt I am going to find it at retail and I refuse to pay scalpers for it, so I think I have what I will get of the first wave now.

-M
                      Bad day for cross dropping of toys it seems.

Comment

• toyman
                        Just Another Collector
                        • Sep 1, 2008

I just ordered 3 Chekov figures from their website. None of the stores in 3 states around me show as having them.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

^I think Samurai is right. I don't think workers know Mego from Funko, and the Pops slam is creating headaches.

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

I went to two Targets this morning and heard employee conversations at both about the Funko Pokemon that had people lining up before the store open and sold out immediately. Nobody but me was interested in the Megos while I was there.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

I went to my closest Target 20 miles away and have already thrown in the towel. If I can't buy these at retail I will nott be able to support this new Mego line. The CS person said they were only going to Super Targets, and he knew exactly what I was talking about as he mentioned Fonzie and Star Trek. So, I will just admire the pictures and forget about actually owning any. Thanks Target and Mego for wasting my time and gas.
                              Last edited by thunderbolt; Jul 29, '18, 12:39 PM.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

No luck again today at my local Target. I went to Target.com and found that of all the figures I'm interested in buying, only two were available to add to my cart...Chekov & Fonzie. I didn't pull the trigger because I already own 3 EMCE Chekov's...and Fonzie is kind of a nostalgia buy that I would pick up if I saw one in a store, but I'm not desperate enough to pay shipping on one. The figures I want the most are the Mirror, Mirror Kirk & Spock.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎