Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

I'm of a different mind set on these, but I'll chip in my 02¢.

First, Targets suck and don't put stuff where they should. They are inconsistent on their planagrams on what should be on aisle/ what should be on endcap. Having worked Sears, Venture, Kmart and Walmart I can tell you they aren't the only ones who suck in this regard.

My experience was I hit two Targets, one 15 mins from my house, one 45 minutes away.
    ( I posted pics in the Mego Mania group for anyone who wants to see)
    The first Target had NO Megos in the Toy Section, & none out in the collectibles section ( in Electronics).
    The second one had the Star Trek two pack in the Toys Star Wars section,
    and everything else in the Collectibles ( Electronics) section.
    Nothing was on Pegs that Should have been on pegs, so if you didn't know to carefully look
    for "mego Feet" you would not have seem them stacked like books on a shelf and known what they were passing them by.

My only "had to get" was Dracula, because even though (a) I own still my OEM Mego Monsters Dracula from when I was Kid,
    (b) I love Dracula as a character and it is an awesome sculpt. The Rest of the 8inch released were all either hard passes
    ( Fonz, Tootie ( which doesn't even look like the character and should be a peg warmer when this is all over), Alice, Chekov)
    or only desirable for custom fodder (Peggy, Kelly, Sulu, Jimi) at clearance / below retail price point.
    I have enough AJs from when I was a kid that I could make an army of them ( most I use as thugs / gangsters anyhow)
    if I wanted.
    (I personally would have been happier if they had released AA Action Jackson, Dinah-Mite, Nubia.... but I digress.)

The 14inchers I find to be an odd choice....immediately I was disappointed they didn't release Zod as an 8incher, which would have seemed
    like the perfect storm: A desirable figure, and one never made in 8inches that collectors would line up for. I would have definitely bought one
    ( as AJ had stood in as Zod when I was kid).
    So even though I saw all four on the shelf, WW Zod and Big Forehead Harley each got a hard pass.
    Batman...well they only had two, and one had a screening defect on his logo clearly visible from the box.
    The other was in better shape, better paint lines etc. The wife said "you know you want it" and clearly I didn't, because truth be told,
    I still have my Legends Of Batman 12inch Batman and Catwoman set, and like them a whole lot. So I walked around with him in the basket
    for about 30 mins until I finally decided to take him home. He wasn't a "must buy" but he grew on me.
    and I primarily collect Batman things...( I also picked up the new 2018 Hot Wheels animated series batmobile for my batmobile collection, but again digression)

If anyone needs figures I plan on hitting the other target near me (25 minutes) and seeing what they have, but until they get put on the endcap for clearances for me I'm done. Peggy would make a nice Maxima Custom ( or Siren ( Mera's sister) or Poison Ivy) and Kelly can be any brunette superhero
    ( Jessica Jones came immediately to mind). Sulu's head would be fine for an Asian SuperJoe or Kato custom, and Jimi could be turned
    into a few customs ( off the top of the head, when I saw him I thought of Tyroc from the Legion).
    Most of what I've seen the numbers on the stickers were all in the 3000 to 4500 range ( I saw one Alice that was 716/10000!),
    so if your into carded figures ( I'm not) I can be on e the lookout for you. Just let me know.
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• greensavage2000
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 9, 2013

Yeah there was a small line waiting for them to open this morning at the Target I went to. Most were there for Funko Pop Pokemon. I did run into another guy wanting Megos. He was explaining to the young lady what he wanted by name and I had the DCPI numbers for at least the Star Trek ones written in my little note book so I give that to her. I was trying to help out. In retrospect I hope he didn't think I was trying to have her help me instead of him.
      It showed that none of the stores around here had any. I had what I thought was the DCPI number for the assortment or case. I got it from one of the posts here. I don't remember from whom. When I check it I get nothing. She said it showed some were on their way. So here's the number 087-16-3112. I don't know if it'll help you but you can give it a try.

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

Nothing at all at the three Targets I went to, though I did see an empty endcap with all the Mego barcodes on 'em. A friendly Target employee scanned 'em, said they'd be in on August 5th. Hoping to get an AJ, Bela Lugosi, Peg Bundy and Piper from Charmed.

Was able to get Jimi Hendrix and Kelly from Charlie's Angels form Target's website, so I at least have that going for me!
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Iron Mego
          Wake Up Heavy
          • Jan 31, 2010

Nothing where I went, and no discernible space for them on the floor. I have no interest in chasing after these, so I’ll see if I catch them when I do my weekly shopping.
          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

I am really surprised by all this I though the new mego would only appeal to the nostalgia crowd but they are gone everywhere.Anyway I am happy for Marty and the good doc that these are selling.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
              I feel you, buddy.

Somebody said this was going to be "Christmas in July". For me, I feel like I ran downstairs and... not only were there no presents, but somebody stole the Christmas tree...
              Visited by the Grinch!

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                I am really surprised by all this I though the new mego would only appeal to the nostalgia crowd but they are gone everywhere.
                We need to keep in mind only a teeny tiny fraction of the 10,000 each of the figures have hit stores. Many areas have not even received their shipments.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                  You live in Fresno??? Which stores did you go to, if you don't mind my asking.
                  Today I checked Target Clovis south and north, Fresno South(shields) , Riverpark and Blackstone Bullard with no luck. The first and shields store told the scalper guy that
                  they are still remodeling and might have in a few days( but scanner shows online only)

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by wise guy
                    Today I checked Target Clovis south and north, Fresno South(shields) , Riverpark and Blackstone Bullard with no luck. The first and shields store told the scalper guy that
                    they are still remodeling and might have in a few days( but scanner shows online only)
                    Thanks Wise Guy. I was at Bullard/Blackstone today and didn't even see a spot for them. If they have any they simply haven't put them out yet. They usually restock on Mondays or Wednesdays.
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                      We need to keep in mind only a teeny tiny fraction of the 10,000 each of the figures have hit stores. Many areas have not even received their shipments.
                      Yeah, this is a bump in the road, you'll all be fine.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                        Yeah, this is a bump in the road, you'll all be fine.
                        I will since I won't waste any more time looking for them.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• drquest
                          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                          • Apr 17, 2012

We're out of town this week and I checked the local Target this morning and found nothing. Asked a guy and he pulled them up and said they didn't have them and recommended ordering them online. He mentioned about the people that came in early for Funkos but I said these were different from that. I'll check a couple of stores once I'm near others, but honestly I wanted to pick a couple up off the shelf myself and buying online just doesn't interest me. I guess if I don't catch them in stores I probably won't pick them up.
                          Last edited by drquest; Jul 29, '18, 4:13 PM.
                          Danny(Drquest)
                          Captain Action HQ
                          Retro shirts and stuff
                          More retro shirts
                          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            I will since I won't waste any more time looking for them.
                            It's not insulin.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 22, 2011

I have been in and out of more Target stores than I care to count on my 3 hour trip to Rob Con over the weekend finding absolutely nothing. At home this morning none of the 3 Targets in my area had them yet as expected. I was fortunate enough to get 4 of the ones I wanted ( Kelly, Fonz, Chekov and Sulu ) online about 3:30am this morning when I woke up.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                                It's not insulin.
                                no it isn't, I used to have to get insulin for my mom thank you. It really shouldn't be this difficult to get a dollie at a store.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎