Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Thanks, Ivaniski! I know FTC wants 8" Marvel but what about 18" or 12" that Sideshow now has Marvel license for?

I mainly want FTC $25 single-carded Mego 8" Marvel figures like FTC 8" DC!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by ovenmitt
      Thanks, Ivaniski! I know FTC wants 8" Marvel but what about 18" or 12" that Sideshow now has Marvel license for?

I mainly want FTC $25 single-carded Mego 8" Marvel figures like FTC 8" DC!
      This. JimsMegos has already designed a killer Spiderman MOC for them to use.

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

Has Disney/Marvel changed its mind for NON-Hasbro Marvel action figures licensing? Did Disney/Marvel see what a SUPER job FTC has done with DC and Batman TV 8" figures and wants a piece of the pie? What does this mean for DST/EMCE Mego Marvel sets? Cancelled?

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          • Feb 27, 2014

Has Disney/Marvel changed its mind for NON-Hasbro Marvel action figures licensing? Did Disney/Marvel see what a SUPER job FTC has done with DC and Batman TV 8" figures and wants a piece of the pie? What does this mean for DST/EMCE Mego Marvel sets? Cancelled?
          I was wondering if they might not be able to hit the pre-sell numbers they'd need to move forward on production of these sets. $80 is steep, although I think the Cap set looks great, I think Spidey would be a tougher sell at that price point.

Comment

• tdog
            • Jan 15, 2014

marvel....yes they need that 4 sure!!!

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

I would greatly prefer FTC get the 8" Marvel license IF they stick to releasing all the Mego MARVEL characters as a priority, then NEW single MARVEL characters in a 70s MEGO-like vibe, not too detailed, no big heads, & better QC. See even w/ FTC's shoddy bodies (& replacing them) it will be a better option for me, as I ONLY want the Marvel DST mego repros & maybe secret identities. I want my re-megos to be way closer to MEGO & way further than 90s FAMOUS Covers Series.....I have multiples of all those, & after seeing the protos for Wolverine, I'm not feeling Mego too much. I hope FTC makes 2 distinct TYPES on lines:

FTC: PLEASE make x2 lines for DC (hopefully Marvel too)

1.) RETRO MEGO repros + 70s FILMATION HB type DC heroes (updates & new) like the Superfriends line...LOOKIG like they are on the 1970s TOY Isles Pegs!

2.) Batman 1966 + Comic lines (detailed like the Ras Al Ghul, Comm. Gordon & Scarecrow sculpts/costumes) that can be combined. Batman wave 4 looks WAY more BATMAN 66 Detail level (on the proto Heads) than COMIC/animated/MEGO. FTC ca ADD a modern updated Wonder Woma & Superman or get the Lynda Carter WW & Reeves Superman rights & add those to these Comic/66 lines

I like 1.) better as I want these simple & childlike personally. I'm a Nostalgic collector, toys to look like 70s Mego products as they were evolving. NOT 90s toys at all. BUT I'd BUY BOTH these lines & multiples of Bats 66 & all DC Mego/RETRO lines, as long as QC improves more & the HEADS get better scaled goig forward. These protos look better. Too bad the NEW scaled heads are on lines I'll never touch. The Three Stooges & Gilligan's Island give me fond memories from childhood, but don't inspired imaginative PLAY or make for colorful display pieces for my MIB collections. Too me SUPER HEROES = FUN! TV shows = Not so much. But I'd finally buy FTC DUKES figures if they did repros of Mego (Daisy w/ smaller better head on articulated body & General LEE needed too!)

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                The FTC representative clearly told me that they are vying for the Marvel license, don't know if he was supposed to reveal that essential information to me. However, he stated that if everything pans out right, we can expect a lot of Marvel goodies. This all caught me by surprise.
                FTC has been "Vying" for the Marvel license since the beginning...EMCE has the license,FTC doesn't

FTC does not have the license....

EMCE has shown 3 sets already...no sign of cancelling anything

Comment

• fallensaviour
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 28, 2006

I was really looking forward to shame he was one of my favourites.this left me feeling so so.
                  His hat is atrocious, boots a complete fail however the head is great and the costume excellent.
                  Was really hoping for new holsters and pistols on this.

Mad hater is perfect the duo is a pass.
                  So just two for me here.
                  “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 3, 2009

just a thought but what if this licence was for the 1970s tv versions of the marvel guys tv hulk ,spidey ,thor ,captain america dr strange and daredevil ,could be pretty cool

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                      I was really looking forward to shame he was one of my favourites.this left me feeling so so.
                      His hat is atrocious, boots a complete fail however the head is great and the costume excellent.
                      Was really hoping for new holsters and pistols on this.

Mad hater is perfect the duo is a pass.
                      So just two for me here.
                      looks like a pleather belt and holster. Pistol is probably an existing piece. Outside of shoes and bodies there is not much in the way of repurposing in the 66 line.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Teemu
                        FTC has been "Vying" for the Marvel license since the beginning...EMCE has the license,FTC doesn't
                        Actually Hasbro has the Marvel license through 2020. We've been beat over the head with the explanation that EMCE/DST nabbed a "special" license to make an "$80.00 figure". So if the license is price point specific, I see no reason why FTC couldn't game that and deliver a full blown series of individual figures (for $25.00) like they're currently doing with DC. But ultimately whether that happens next year or is a few years off, my personal preference is to wait on those.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

From what I gather, the license Diamond Select has is a pretty standard collectors figure license from Hasbro. Apparently, that is the only license Hasbro was offering.
                          If FTC gets Marvel, It would seem likely they would end up with the same $80 collectors figure license, which maybe they intend to use with their 12" and 18" bodies.
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by MIB41
                            So if the license is price point specific, I see no reason why FTC couldn't game that and deliver a full blown series of individual figures (for $25.00) like they're currently doing with DC.
                            You can't have what isn't on the table. That price point is not something Hasbro wishes to relinquish.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                              You can't have what isn't on the table. That price point is not something Hasbro wishes to relinquish.
                              That's true. Which is why I said if FTC has to wait a few years to get that clearance, then that will work fine for me. And like ChrimsonGhost indicated, perhaps they will operate within that price point with 12 and 18 inch figures for now. So either way it offers us the possibility of more vareity within the Marvel license. Sounds like everyone would get what they want at some point.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

I'm going to own at least one of those 18 inch figures, maybe two and use them as book ends for my collection.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎