• Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by invisiblelad
    WOW!

1st impression of each:

BATMAN 2.0 = BM: "Catwoman, you REALLY should of take off your glove w/ those gold claws BEFORE you preceded to do my prostate exam." -LMAO! Also I see why FTC did this: I said a week or so ago here, how w/ '66' Bruce Wayne's BIGish head are they going to make a removable COWL that isn't ridiculously HUGE? Look at retro mego-repro Bruce Wayne, he has a smaller head than the others to accommodate the 1st Mego BM's Removable Cowl. The 66 Bruce's head is too big to do this. So FTC opted to do this? Unfortunate & a DEF PASS for me, unless it's under $10 shipped down the road. Then I may buy 1.

*Like w/ all the variants, I'm PASSING![B]ROBIN w/ RM[/B]: = Waste of a slot for me. I was ALWAYS a OCD Completest, BUT leave it to FTC to CURE me of it FINALLY!

*Thank You FTC! I was a COMPLETEST Toy collector w/ x2 of Everything! I NOW can LIVE w/out a complete collection, & you can live w/out a LOT MORE of my $$$. I didn't know if I could do it, now between FTC's QC, figure/Variant choices, BIG Heads, & shoddy bodies....I'm losing interest & my interest in waning further.

The GOOD NEWS:

SHAME: Looks really GOOD! But the description mentions NO pistol(s) & although it looks like he is wearing a holster, the fact it is not mentioned in the description makes me wonder about this absolutely necessary accessories inclusion. If FTC does NOT give SHAME @ least 1 pistol, I would feel this figure is incomplete & I don't need a $70 Villains accessory pack filled w/ items/accessories that are 100% Necessary (ex. Mr. Freeze's gun) being held hostage at a $70+ S/H ransom! I don't appreciate that, although it is fine for EXTRA accessories to ADD to your figures & displays, but should not be necessary IMHO.

MAD HATTER: Look Fantastic!

As for FTC using the "DC Comics" identitfication o these characters. Shame is a western character in a novel (novels?) & Movies based on this character exist I'm pretty sure (never liked westerns). The MAD HATTER is from Alice in Wonderland. Bookworm must be an already existing character somewhere maybe? That's my guess as for the DC Comics being added for some of these figures, but Wonder Girl has it too so I don't know what's up w/ that!
    I totally agree with everything you said, 100 percent. Today, I contacted FTC and inquired about the Adam West removable cowl version, they told me that maybe sometime in the future. Additionally, the FTC representative informed me that they are working on the Marvel license.... Off course, to bring us 8 inch Marvel superheroes.

Comment

• j.chris.beynon
      • Sep 27, 2014

ShaNe was in movies and books that were popular in the mid-60s...
      ShaMe was the show's parody of that character.

Comment

• invisiblelad
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 6, 2014

1 more thing, this is a collector line, all further 66 Batman & Robin variants, should be exclusive Variants (at the reg. $25 price for the wave 3 BM & Robin)

EGG HEAD & PENGUIN SOLD OUT fast & are on backorder, probably w/ MORE Bruce & Dicks that may not be needed.

FTC: GIVE us adult collectors genuine & Unique Characters, this IS NOT a RETAIL line (mostly), give us the GOOD S***! We want this line to succeed! Hope my misgivings are baseless & these tied up BDSM variants, RM Robin & "prostate exam Batman" sells phenomenonally!

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

I'm still wondering if there is significance to the female characters in this line being put off. Are they working on a new female body?

JeffBearCO

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by jeffbearco
            I'm still wondering if there is significance to the female characters in this line being put off. Are they working on a new female body?

JeffBearCO
            I sure hope so.

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

Ivanski, I don 't get it, IF FTC IS working on getting the MARVEL license to get 8" figures, how long will DST/EMCE be making these figures? Also, I'm afraid IF the rep was right (I believe you 100% BTW), I'm fearing it might be those HORRIBLE MARVEL MOVIE costumes that was shown on FTC's FB page to compare/contrasts w/ the comics costumes.

IF DST is producing classic comic & Mego Marvel repros.....I can't see how FTC will be, unless DST already is seeing the license provisions are making their Mego-like 3-packs a dead end deal? I wish the rep was maybe clearer on what KIND of 8" Marvel figures FTC would possibly be producing, & when. If it's movie stuff, it's a BIG PASS for me!

Ivanskii, IF the FTC rep was right, & FTC is working on getting the Marvel license, & FTC picks up where DST leaves off & finishes the 70s Marvel figs that Mego made + NEW MARVEL 70s comic figures, then that would be a HUGE announcement! Tanks 4 reporting what you heard!
              Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 23, '14, 3:05 PM.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 4, 2011

Will most likely get the Mad Hatter. Never heard of Shame so will probably pass on him. Looks like Steve Austin in cowboy duds. Batman and Robin? Pass.

Comment

• PengyForMayor
                  • Jun 3, 2014

Well I'm disappointed with these reveals...

Mad Hatter I love, Shame is cool. Though I really thought Mr. Freeze was next since his head was already shown and nothing on Shame had been teased. Was really looking forward to Freeze. Those two I will buy certainly.

Though those Batman and Robin variants.... WHY!? These figures are too expensive to expect us to buy them over and over. Bruce and Dick were a no brainer for me, secret identities are seldom seen in any toy line. But more Batman and Robin variants? It's not like the first run has sold out either, so what's the point besides trying to get people like me who own the entire line to buy them?

That's over 100 bucks on variants that are barely different. The new head Batman is useless, why bother sculpting a new head with an odd expression? I would have rather them resculpted Bruce's head to accommodate a removable cowl better, if that's the reasoning behind this new head sculpt. I'd have bought a removable mask and cowl Batman and Robin set, but as it sits now, I don't want either.

And the tables and rope are really worth an extra 10 bucks? So you're making me pay 25 again for the EXACT same figure and then an extra 10 for the table and rope. It's a really cool idea but it's not something that needs it's own figure exclusive. It's not even a limited run like the previous exclusives.

And look, hundreds of dollars later I have a complete set of the figures but now I can't justify spending 110 plus shipping on these useless variants just to have a "complete set". Have all those Joker variants too, I bought them thinking I was going to buy everything, now we have these... I like a lot of the Joker variants, but they were important to the collection. The grey suit one stands out a lot to me, though I still like it a lot since FTC knows how to make MEGO suits very well. The Boxing Batman had enough going for him, despite the final one having the wrong colour of gloves and missing the towel that REALLY disappointed me. Bait and switch...

I want to love and complete this line, but at the cost of these figures I can't afford to care about these pointless variants.

Comment

• houseofdracula
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 11, 2011

I like them.

Batman's new face looks as if it's supposed to be the scene from the movie where he's trying to get rid of the bomb.
                    I'm not crazy about Robin's mask but it does clearly say that these are prototypes so that might not be the final mask.
                    Shame looks great and if he comes with a gun, fine. If not, Western guns are cheap enough to buy from CTVT website.
                    The Mad Hatter is the best of the bunch (IMO) I just hope they give him gloves.

As far as the figures tied to the tables,...
                    I could probably take the figures and create something better so I'm not too interested in those but I'm sure that someone will be.

I also like the Gilligan figures.
                    The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                    https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

I like the Mad Hatter a lot and Shame looks pretty good, too. I'll get them. There's promise for repurposing the clothing, too.
                      The Batman and Robin figures, I'll pass on, but I think it's good for them to keep producing those figures for late comers if the others sell out. Batman and Robin have to be available as new collectors come to the line, assuming they do.

Looking forward to Tut and Mr. Freeze.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
                        ...Mad Hatter and Shame look great...

I still think it was a missed opportunity to not use the Contaminated Cowl Batman in this Series. I may just order the villains individually instead of the whole series.

The exclusives seem like it is just accessories that could have been released in a new accessory pack, or as individual pieces. Pass.
                        I agree. And the variants smack of wrestling recycling. *sigh*

I for one, love Shame--Robertson's performances are nearly the same tone as West's, very funny IMO.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 23, '14, 3:48 PM.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jayraytee
                          Career Member
                          • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                          I totally agree with everything you said, 100 percent. Today, I contacted FTC and inquired about the Adam West removable cowl version, they told me that maybe sometime in the future. Additionally, the FTC representative informed me that they are working on the Marvel license.... Off course, to bring us 8 inch Marvel superheroes.
                          It's interesting that they at least think the Marvel License is still on the table since EMCE/DST is producing their sets. I wonder if the constraints of the EMCE/DST agreement with $80 per figure allows for someone else to produce something different in the same scale but a different price range? I sure hope it's not the movie versions, I could take Thor, Captain America and Iron Man in the movie versions, but the X-Men costumes are pretty lacking. And some heroes just don't have a movie version anyway. I would much rather have the comic book or mego versions of the figures.
                          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Teemu
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                            I doubt it...Emce is making the retro Marvel figures

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jan 17, 2011

Mad Hatter and Shame are all I'll get from this offering. I'm looking forward to Catwoman, Tut and Bookworm in future waves. Hope Batgirl will be coming soon also.

Comment

• Teemu
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                                Ivanski, I don 't get it, IF FTC IS working on getting the MARVEL license to get 8" figures, how long will DST/EMCE be making these figures? Also, I'm afraid IF the rep was right (I believe you 100% BTW), I'm fearing it might be those HORRIBLE MARVEL MOVIE costumes that was shown on FTC's FB page to compare/contrasts w/ the comics costumes.

IF DST is producing classic comic & Mego Marvel repros.....I can't see how FTC will be, unless DST already is seeing the license provisions are making their Mego-like 3-packs a dead end deal? I wish the rep was maybe clearer on what KIND of 8" Marvel figures FTC would possibly be producing, & when. If it's movie stuff, it's a BIG PASS for me!

Ivanskii, IF the FTC rep was right, & FTC is working on getting the Marvel license, & FTC picks up where DST leaves off & finishes the 70s Marvel figs that Mego made + NEW MARVEL 70s comic figures, then that would be a HUGE announcement! Tanks 4 reporting what you heard!
                                The FTC Rep is full of crap

and Yes! SHAME needs his Gun and Holster...would be Lame if he doesn't come with it....the great thing is when I swap him on the S Type body,they come with trigger finger hands

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎