Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

the gun and holster are there right under the jacket. Looks like a new design and not a reused Mego repro piece.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

and, anyone think the Bat-Variant is a response to the lack of twist ties in the two packs?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Pretty much echo what;s been said and I think it's ridiculous Catwoman is getting wave 4 (if that) treatment.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I look forward to FTC grabbing the Marvel license. It will be fun to recollect the Marvel universe in the same manner as I have the DC ones. With regards to the '66 license, I do hope they begin to dial down the B&R variants. If these continue to get made, a saturation point will likely get reached and these will go the way of the KISS figures and get parted out. So why buy a Batman variant when you can probably buy the individual parts for a much cheaper price later? That will likely go for the accessories as well.

Comment

• invisiblelad
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by VintageMike
            Pretty much echo what;s been said and I think it's ridiculous Catwoman is getting wave 4 (if that) treatment.
            ^^^ QFT! CATWOMAN should also be produced in HIGHER numbers (as well as any other popular villain) then whatever lame Batman & Robin they'll try to shoehorn into HER Wave! Eartha Kitt CATWOMAN shoul come in a later season 3 Wave w/ BATGIRL!

FTC: make 66 WAVE 3:
            1.) CATWOMAN (Julie Newmar)
            2.) Mr. FREEZE
            3.) KING TUT
            4.) BOOKWORM

FTC make 66 WAVE 4 (season 3 WAVE)
            1.) BATGIRL
            2.) CATWOMAN (Eartha Kitt) -(even tho it would seem she wouldn't sell well after Julie Catwoman, Eartha has many fans that don't collect other toys: ex. Gay com.)
            3.) ALFRED (w/ HIPPY disguise Alfred being an exclusive)
            4.) Commissioner Gordon

Later waves should have:
            66 WAVE 5:
            1.) FALSE FACE (it'll look cool)
            2.) RIDDLER w/ NEW FACE SCULPT resembling Gorshin in Green SUIT.
            3.) Chief O'Hara - (w/ *GOTHAM POLICE Costumed exclusives w/ the ability to army build using CTVT heads.
            4.) Barbara Gordon or Louie the Lilac?

*Special exclusive 2-pack: Batgirl vs. *KILLER MOTH from Batgirl unaired Pilot!

66 WAVE 6:
            1.) 1966 BATMOBILE w/ Rolling wheels
            2.) 66 Wayne Manyor/Batcave Playset or Backdrops (2-3 levels or stackable)
            3.) 66 Batgirl CYCLE
            4.) Criminal Lair Playset

We can live w/out Barbara Gordon because from the beginning I was planning on making a Barbara from the SPACE 1999 Sandra Benes head since the day of the announcement from FTC, since they hadn't mentioned BATGIRL / Barabara at that time I was planning ahead!
            Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 23, '14, 9:44 PM.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
              • Feb 27, 2014

Great news about the Marvel license. Not getting the Spidey set, will want the Cap America set but maybe by the time it comes out we'll have an update on FTC's pursuit of the Marvel license.

BTW passing on all the Batman 66 waves, and will pass on the Gillian waves as well. Both Gillian sculpts look off, the 12" Skipper is close but the 8" Skipper is amazing, maybe their best sculpt of any line so far.

Still not interested in either figure, but that 8" Skipper is excellent.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 29, 2007

^^^And WHO said FTC would be getting the Marvel license?^^^

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                  they are not!..DST/EMCE has the license to make Marvel retro 8".......Why would FTC make the same exact Marvel 8" figures only to make them a much lesser quality????

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

.....annnnddddd we're off........
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 28, 2013

I think they need to keep Batman and Robin released. I know my local store sold out of Batman and Robin, but still have Riddler and Joker on hand. I would love to see an alternate color scheme like a blue and grey Robin, or red and black, and I doubt that will happen, but even a slight color variance might sway some buyers.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 14, 2010

After two great waves and a bunch a cool variants, this set is really a disappointment. I love Mad Hatter and Shame, the new Batman is o.k. I hate the variants of Batman and Robin tied on tables. I mean these slots could have been used for Surfer Batman and Surfer Joker (probably the most important variants they could be doing) and if they had to do a new version of a figure already done, I agree with the other the poster who said an unmasked Riddler in jacket and hat. Heck he was only seen in every episode Frank appeared in, plus the movie.

Why do they think villains can't sell a wave? Had Catwoman and King Tut been included they wouldn't have needed Batman and Robin in wave 3. Penguin and Egghead selling out is a clear sign the bad guys are selling. How can they be running out of really cool variants to do and make these bondage versions of Batman and Robin when we still need these:

Jacket and hat Riddler
                        Surfer Batman and Robin
                        Jockey Penguin
                        All three Mr. Freeze and all three Catwomen
                        Batusi Batman or at least the gloves to make the pose.

And more villains like False Face, Olga, The Siren, Clock King, Louie The Lilac and Sandman. Imagine all the False Face variants they could do!!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                          Radioactive!
                          • Feb 13, 2010

Mad Hatter and Shame look very nice---I'll definitely be getting them. Great likeness on Hatter and okay likeness on Shame---looks more like Lee Majors than Cliff Robertson to me (and more like Col. Steve Austin than the awful figure released by BBP).

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                            .....annnnddddd we're off........
                            Wait till FTC actually gets the license.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                              Did you say that? I know Ovenmitt was pulling for it. I hope it happens, I would love to see us all get a chance at $25 Marvel Megos vs overpriced $80 sets.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by Teemu
                                they are not!..DST/EMCE has the license to make Marvel retro 8".......Why would FTC make the same exact Marvel 8" figures only to make them a much lesser quality????
                                The FTC representative clearly told me that they are vying for the Marvel license, don't know if he was supposed to reveal that essential information to me. However, he stated that if everything pans out right, we can expect a lot of Marvel goodies. This all caught me by surprise.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎