X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Captain_Dan
    I picked up Batman and Riddler at Walmart a few hours ago. I was surprised to see them.
    I'm curious if the price was the same as TRU or if it's lower since Walmart has a considerably wider distribution?

Comment

• Captain_Dan
      Museum Super Collector
      • Dec 19, 2010

I paid 15.97 a piece for them @Walmart, not sure what there going for @ TRU. I may take them back, I"m not entirely sold on these yet. Impulse buying kicked in.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Hmmm. I saw this set at a TRU store tonight. I thought this was only something you could get online or through comic shops? It seems like the distribution mystery continues.

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

Those do look nice! I don't think I would be able to resist.
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Hmmm. I saw this set at a TRU store tonight. I thought this was only something you could get online or through comic shops? It seems like the distribution mystery continues.
            Now, I THINK that Mattel DID say that the two-pack and the Batmobile would be at TRU. And that the car was EXCLUSIVE to TRU. And I believe I remember reading that the individual figures would NOT be at regular retail outlets...but now they are showing up at Wal-Mart.

I sure wish Mattel had a way of letting fans know what's really going on with this line. Like the internet or something.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Remco Monster
              GLOWS in the Dark!
              • May 3, 2006

I never heard anything about the two pack being an exclusive, or only available through comic shops. The Batmobile is the only thing I heard would be an exclusive.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I also discovered something interesting about the packaging artwork. Apparently Warner Bros must have a strict policy on the artwork being used, because it's identical to the artwork FTC has on their cases and backer cards. Which raises some good questions about likeness. If we examine FTC's case artwork and backer cards, the characters show ZERO resemblence to the television cast. But the figures do have actor likeness. There's also Batgirl artwork... So this certainly opens the door for there to be either a generic or actor-specific version if need be. Which screams that Warner Bros. can (and will) work around Yvonne with minimal fuss.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by MIB41
                  I also discovered something interesting about the packaging artwork. Apparently Warner Bros must have a strict policy on the artwork being used, because it's identical to the artwork FTC has on their cases and backer cards. Which raises some good questions about likeness. If we examine FTC's case artwork and backer cards, the characters show ZERO resemblence to the television cast. But the figures do have actor likeness. There's also Batgirl artwork... So this certainly opens the door for there to be either a generic or actor-specific version if need be. Which screams that Warner Bros. can (and will) work around Yvonne with minimal fuss.
                  Unless I'm mistaken, the card art for the FTC '66 TV figures utilizes screen caps from the show. The card art for the repro line utilizes the style guide artwork designed by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez that is ALSO featured on the Mattel packaging (Barbies too). There are two different things going on at FTC (repro and TV) but their packaging is using the all encompassing art that WB/DC designed for this whole retro '66 marketing and that's what's confusing the issue.
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

I haven't seen any of this Crap at Walmart.... or any retail here for that matter.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                      Unless I'm mistaken, the card art for the FTC '66 TV figures utilizes screen caps from the show. The card art for the repro line utilizes the style guide artwork designed by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez that is ALSO featured on the Mattel packaging (Barbies too). There are two different things going on at FTC (repro and TV) but their packaging is using the all encompassing art that WB/DC designed for this whole retro '66 marketing and that's what's confusing the issue.
                      Good points Anthony. Because Mattel is using the style art and FTC is using both depending on what you want for the carrying case. And the backer cards are screen shots from the show. That really is confusing.

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

I paid 15.97 a piece for them @Walmart, not sure what there going for @ TRU. I may take them back, I"m not entirely sold on these yet. Impulse buying kicked in.
                        I didn't know a Robin single was going to be available in the first two waves. Maybe it's a Wal Mart Exclusive?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

A Robin single was DEFINITELY said NOT to be coming. Egads...how hard can this be?

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 15, 2010

Did anyone get the Joker yet? It is shown in-stock at Entertainment Earth in a group package (wave 2 figure case) at $109.99 as of today.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...B#.UhLIWyrD_VJ

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Remco Monster
                              GLOWS in the Dark!
                              • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by madmarva
                              I didn't know a Robin single was going to be available in the first two waves. Maybe it's a Wal Mart Exclusive?

There is NO single carded Robin figure.

Comment

• megomania
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                                I haven't seen any of this Crap at Walmart.... or any retail here for that matter.
                                Same here. Looked today at Target just for the h e l l of it. This specific line/size holds zero interest for me (I'm all in with 8" from FTC if they get their act together) but I at least wanted to see it. I'm beginning to think Targets and Big Lots in WA get left out of everything.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎