Topps Mego Monday Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imlaughing2death
    replied
    Man, STILL no monsters yet? Maybe they're waiting for it to get closer to Halloween season or something.

Leave a comment:

• enyawd72
    replied
    Originally posted by sprytel
    I think it is just as possible that the site is showing orders instead of quantities per order. With the 2 figure limit, that would at best double the quantities... but would explain why Mego is stating those numbers are lower than the actuals.
    Even if you're right, assuming 100% of the orders were for two figures each, those still aren't very impressive numbers.

Leave a comment:

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    Originally posted by ToyTalk
    So any idea when they will start shipping these?
    Probably in four months for the first ones offered. The site says 90 to 100 business days and the first ones were sold about a month ago. It's a long wait, but not that surprising since they aren't being manufactured until after they are offered.

Leave a comment:

• sprytel
    replied
    Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    That Ra's Al Ghul sculpt is very much Neal Adam's original design with that elongated noggin and receeding hairline! Great sculpt! I could nitpick and point out that Adams' Ra's never had eyebrows, but I'll leave that alone. He looks great.

I like Green Arrow fine, but I wish his light green wasn't quite as vibrant/day-glo. But either way, I'm in.

Chris
    They are both nifty figures. But Ra's is not a character I feel the need as an action figure, and while I love the hooded Green Arrow look... I would have preferred the outfit a little closer to Stephen Amell and less... "day-glo" as you say. I may regret it later, but a little breather for the old wallet won't hurt.

Leave a comment:

• sprytel
    replied
    Originally posted by ODBJBG
    I'd be shocked if those numbers aren't accurate. Simple logic sort of hashes it out.

Shazam and Black Adam have almost identical numbers (most people would order both of those as a pair moreso than any other set to date), but Black Adam slightly less popular overall so some just went for Shazam. Apes figures slightly better sellers, but Zira significantly below Taylor. Trek best sellers yet (as people start to purchase to flip as well seeing the secondary market pre-sells) with Spock selling the most (most iconic figure to date)... Yeah, feels about right.

1000 pcs is probably the threshold to get made.
    I think it is just as possible that the site is showing orders instead of quantities per order. With the 2 figure limit, that would at best double the quantities... but would explain why Mego is stating those numbers are lower than the actuals.

Leave a comment:

• ToyTalk
    replied
    So any idea when they will start shipping these?

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    That Ra's Al Ghul sculpt is very much Neal Adam's original design with that elongated noggin and receeding hairline! Great sculpt! I could nitpick and point out that Adams' Ra's never had eyebrows, but I'll leave that alone. He looks great.

I like Green Arrow fine, but I wish his light green wasn't quite as vibrant/day-glo. But either way, I'm in.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• EMCE Hammer
    replied
    They sucked me in again. GA is a real leap of faith, if the production version looks like the easy kitbash pictured I will be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• Jrfjr126rock
    replied
    I snagged both! I have been wanting Green Arrow updated for years! I love the original and FTC replica but I always hated how his belt was attached to his backpack. I wasn't wanting Ras but picked him up and if I decide to not keep him sell him to someone who missed out.

Leave a comment:

• Z-man 307
    replied
    Green Arrow today!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ODBJBG
    replied
    I'd be shocked if those numbers aren't accurate. Simple logic sort of hashes it out.

Shazam and Black Adam have almost identical numbers (most people would order both of those as a pair moreso than any other set to date), but Black Adam slightly less popular overall so some just went for Shazam. Apes figures slightly better sellers, but Zira significantly below Taylor. Trek best sellers yet (as people start to purchase to flip as well seeing the secondary market pre-sells) with Spock selling the most (most iconic figure to date)... Yeah, feels about right.

1000 pcs is probably the threshold to get made.

Leave a comment:

• shazam7208
    replied
    A Green Arrow...8" or 14" would be great! Would love to also see an 8" "Origin" release of Batgirl in the mix somewhere with a Topps or a regular release.

Leave a comment:

• Liu Bei
    replied
    I’m waiting for TNG Crusher and Troi figures. They’d be perfect for this format.

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgiabuff
    replied
    the original announcement said 14" as well

Leave a comment:

• wise guy
    replied
    Is Topps is supposed to have 14'' figures in the Monday exclusives, or just 8'' ? An 8'' Poison Ivy would be nice , but I'm hoping we get hooded Green Arrow, and Deathstroke.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎