Topps Mego Monday Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pmwasson
    replied
    These Monday releases have been amazing!
    I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have gotten Ra's Al Ghul at retail, but make perfect sense for a limited run.

Leave a comment:

• Jrfjr126rock
    replied
    I'm hoping the next DC offering is Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn... I think it would be fitting to put them together!

Leave a comment:

• mego
    replied
    I’m blown away by that Ras Al Ghul sculpt. Bravo.

Leave a comment:

• The Bat
    replied
    Nice offering this week, both GREAT looking figures! Couldn't get Em' both and I already have two repro Green Arrows...So I pulled the trigger on Ra's without hesitation! Much better Ra's than FTC...for one, he doesn't have then GIANT head! Plus, definitely reminds me of Neal Adams BATMAN era. Glad I waited and never bought the FTC version.

Leave a comment:

• Jrfjr126rock
    replied
    I am hoping Arrow will be on the new bandless body! Also looks like Ras may be on a Trek body?

Leave a comment:

• ToyTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    Probably in four months for the first ones offered. The site says 90 to 100 business days and the first ones were sold about a month ago. It's a long wait, but not that surprising since they aren't being manufactured until after they are offered.
    Thanks Lonnie.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonGhost
    replied
    Originally posted by palitoy
    Yes, THIS, I remember having a conversation with someone who worked in the licensing department at Universal, and the numbers for a lot of this stuff (including DVDs) would shock a lot of people.
    I was honestly impressed how high the numbers were.

Leave a comment:

• nubee
    replied
    I would absolutely be thrilled if Dr. Erasmus Craven, Dr. Bedlo and Dr. Scarabus from the RAVEN were offered.

Originally posted by imlaughing2death
    Man, STILL no monsters yet? Maybe they're waiting for it to get closer to Halloween season or something.

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgiabuff
    replied
    i think the Green Arrow looks really great. hopefully the final product will have more of a muted green than that bright green. either way i am going to pass on these. i am running out of display space. i think i am going to just stick to TOS Trek, and Apes. Unless something really jumps out at me from one of the other lines

Leave a comment:

• nubee
    replied
    I really didn't think the numbers of the Topps Mego would be so low. The collector kraziness in me feel like I should keep them MIB instead of taking 'em out I am planning to replace the body with a Type S too.

I was hoping for Justice Society or All Star Squadron for this Monday but Ras and Green Arrow are nice. Still deciding on if I should buy 'em.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Confessional
    Not sure about that; it might actually be a good indicator of contemporary market share for a limited release in this format. For reference, NECA has proven over time that a 3,000 piece run of their retro line remains in demand and profitable.
    Yes, THIS, I remember having a conversation with someone who worked in the licensing department at Universal, and the numbers for a lot of this stuff (including DVDs) would shock a lot of people.

Leave a comment:

• Confessional
    replied
    Originally posted by enyawd72
    Even if you're right, assuming 100% of the orders were for two figures each, those still aren't very impressive numbers.
    Not sure about that; it might actually be a good indicator of contemporary market share for a limited release in this format. For reference, NECA has proven over time that a 3,000 piece run of their retro line remains in demand and profitable.

Leave a comment:

• TRDouble
    replied
    Darn it! I forgot to order the DS9 figures last night! Which means I probably didn't really want them anyway, otherwise I would have ordered them immediately. Which works out well, because that gave me a week off for these...

I can't lie, that's not my favorite Green Arrow costume. I was just fudging between the FTC retro & JLA, and the Mattel GAs last night, to put together a version I was really happy with. I'm not sure which era of GA they are going for here... ? But it's Green Arrow, so I will take a chance on it.

I like the FTC Ra's Al Ghul, but just now comparing pictures of them... I think Mego made the better version. Or at least, the Neal Adams version. Easy purchase.

Leave a comment:

• Liu Bei
    replied
    Thank God no more Trek stuff this week. My wallet needed a rest.

Leave a comment:

• ODBJBG
    replied
    Originally posted by sprytel
    I think it is just as possible that the site is showing orders instead of quantities per order. With the 2 figure limit, that would at best double the quantities... but would explain why Mego is stating those numbers are lower than the actuals.
    Could be, but outside of the Museum and the Facebook groups, nobody really knows about this Topps thing. I'm guessing the sales are not going to be that huge regardless.

And even if you doubled them it's still not a huge number but is I suppose within the realm of what I would expect the numbers to be, again, given the limited promotion and general awareness of this (and demand for Mego in general)....

Today's figures look interesting. Don't hate them. Not as strong as the last couple of Trek offerings though, IMO.

That said, the vintage GA head and Ra's more detailed head look like figures from two completely different lines. Not a huge issue but a recurring trend of new sculpts versus old that I am not sure how I feel about.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎