Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Slumber Party!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedji
    replied
    Originally posted by samurainoir
    I don't think having a messed up face is a requisite to being a Sith Lord. Christopher Lee's Tyrannus/Dooku didn't have any. Vader's was scarred from battle with Obi Wan, Maul has facial tattoos but nothing disfigured, and Palpatine/Sidious is a shape-shifter.

Also, I don't think Kylo Ren necessarily is part of that particularly dark side sect that identifies themselves as Sith... he seems to be aligned with a different bunch, The Knights of Ren.
    I knew of the Knights of Ren, yes, there are no "Sith" in this film. Palpatine a shape-shifter? Is that EU? That's new to me. His face was deformed by his own Force lightning. Tyranus is the exception, but I think it was a case of not wanting to **** off 80-something Sir Christopher Lee with a complex makeup. I read the Darth Plagueis novel, and although facial deformity (or some kind of physical malady) wasn't a prerequisite, they implied that it kinda came with the territory. Now that's no longer canon, but still.

I think Ren will turn good.

Leave a comment:

• Figuremod73
    replied
    Havent seen it yet but I'll enjoy it just as much with the spoilers (I read the book as a kid long before seeing the movie)

It sounds good so far but some of the choices made sound odd. Is Ren rather weak? I heard Finn (not even strong in the force) was holding his own against him.

How does he compare to Darth Maul?

Who has read Shadows of the Empire? I would have loved to have seen that filmed.

Leave a comment:

• clemso
    replied
    One other thing. I was a bit disappointed by was the look of Supreme Leader Snoke, he looked a bit meh, sort of generic, Voldemortesque.
    Last edited by clemso; Dec 20, '15, 4:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• thunderbolt
    replied
    ^^^

Leave a comment:

• samurainoir
    replied
    I don't think having a messed up face is a requisite to being a Sith Lord. Christopher Lee's Tyrannus/Dooku didn't have any. Vader's was scarred from battle with Obi Wan, Maul has facial tattoos but nothing disfigured, and Palpatine/Sidious is a shape-shifter.

Also, I don't think Kylo Ren necessarily is part of that particularly dark side sect that identifies themselves as Sith... he seems to be aligned with a different bunch, The Knights of Ren.

Leave a comment:

• Hedji
    replied
    I think the reason Kylo's face isn't messed up like the prior Sith is because he will turn to the light side. If he were to be deformed or scarred, it would be hard to visually identify him later on as "good"

Leave a comment:

• Brue
    replied
    Originally posted by samurainoir
    Regarding the Rey and Kylo Ren fight at the end, it appears to me that he was much more injured by being shot by Chewbacca than he was letting on (they really used Han to demonstrate how powerful Chewie's gun really is compared to a normal blaster).
    great insight

Leave a comment:

• Brue
    replied
    Originally posted by Hedji
    I think there is a reason Rey has no last name.
    I think there is a reason Kylo Ren's face is not messed up like most Dark Jedi.
    I think it's wonderful that the movie leaves you speculating and asking questions. We all did that as kids.
    he sid he is fighting the light side.

he wants the power f the dark side. but he can't attain it.

Leave a comment:

• Brue
    replied
    Originally posted by hedrap
    Similar to Trek in that it's a reboot without calling it as such. They reappropriated so many original trilogy beats that, like Trek, it's a reboot, tucked into a summation, wrapped in a sequel.
    well said

Leave a comment:

• Hedji
    replied
    You're absolutely right. This film simultaneously lifted my spirits and broke my heart. But the best is discussing it afterwards with friends and family. There's a lot of meat on the bones and a solid foundation for this trilogy.

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    This is a fun thread. Not because I'm a Star Wars fan--I'm squarely in the Star trek camp. But because of the lively speculation and how much you all seemed to enjoy the film.

Leave a comment:

• samurainoir
    replied
    So my reaction to the second viewing was that despite the plot holes, I still enjoyed it. Was totally engaged in the emotion in the various relationships in the film.

Regarding the Rey and Kylo Ren fight at the end, it appears to me that he was much more injured by being shot by Chewbacca than he was letting on (they really used Han to demonstrate how powerful Chewie's gun really is compared to a normal blaster). Then Finn's weak attempt at fighting him landed one lucky shot in before Ren quickly dispatches his attempt to defend Rey. He went in overconfident and at first was just toying with her, and wasn't intending to kill her, but offering to become her teacher.

Then she has her "Force" moment which turns the tables. I think both of them are going to come back stronger after training with their respective teachers.

My wife also suggested a third possibility other than Rey being Luke's daughter or Han and Leia's daughter. Given the amount of time Leia and Han seemed to be separated, she could possibly be Leia's daughter, but not Han's, and thus Ben/Kylo Ren's half brother. (I jokingly suggested that she's the inbred daughter of Luke and Leia)

Wondering if the next movie will follow the Empire Strikes Back blueprint as closely, with Rey being reluctantly trained by Luke (As he was with Yoda) and Finn and Poe constantly on the run from the First Order before getting caught and in need of rescue by Rey.

Leave a comment:

• samurainoir
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue Meanie
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers
    Spoilers

Is it true that Disney has 5 more movies they want to do in the Star Wars brand? You knew there was going to be a 7,8,9...but 10,11, and 12?? At what point do they go to the Expanded Universe and or post Jedi Novels? That's also the reason I think that Rey is somehow Luke's kid. Possibly with Mara Jade?
    One Star Wars film a year for the next five years at least.

Next Year we are getting a film called Rogue One set just prior to A New Hope involving the group that steals the Death Star plans.

year after that we episode 8.

then a young Han Solo film
    Christopher Miller and Phil Lord will direct a movie about Han Solo’s life before “Star Wars,” slated to hit theaters in 2018.

and episode 9.

Leave a comment:

• samurainoir
    replied
    Originally posted by Hector
    Clemso, wow, you an actor?

How you came about being an extra in the movie?

Too awesome!!!
    go check out the various Doctor Who threads for more Clemso.

Leave a comment:

• 4NDR01D
    replied
    Wow Clemso! That's insane!!! Colour me very impressed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎