Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Slumber Party!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorn Captain
    replied
    Originally posted by jwyblejr
    Rumor has it Lando is suppose to show up in either Episode VIII or IX.
    That would be great. Hopefully not just a rumor.

Leave a comment:

• toys2cool
    replied
    loved the movie. saw it twice already

Leave a comment:

• mego maniac mark
    replied
    Took my wife to see it yesterday. Her first time seeing , my second. She works with lots of SW fans who had seen the movie opening week and a few who had gone again.
    So I suggested we watch the original 3 since ahe did not see them. I have to say I liked it better the 2nd time around. The movie has a great flow to it.
    My wife knew the spoiler going in but was not aware of the Kylo Ren connection. She immediately asked if Rey was Luke's daughter. I told her I didn't know and she didn't believe me.
    Anyway, the first thing she says after its all over was, that was, it's better than the other movies.
    I knew she was going to say that.

Leave a comment:

• rche
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderbolt
    yeah, this time out the cantina band will need banjos. Its amazing that in this huge galaxy, almost everyone is related.
    This is what always bugged me as a kid after I saw Return of the Jedi. Star Wars (new hope) introduced me to this giant place - a galaxy.... far, far away. After the Leia reveal in Jedi, it felt more like that dysfunctional family from around the corner who was always causing trouble in the neighborhood. Prequels only made things tighter with little Ani making C3PO, and all the stormtroopers lesser Fetts. Maybe when R2 wakes up, we will find out the whole story has been a droid dream.

Leave a comment:

• jwyblejr
    replied
    Originally posted by Gorn Captain
    I enjoyed it that Chewie got so much action, instead of just "walking carpet" remarks. To me, he's captain of the Falcon now.
    I do have the feeling we might see Lando aboard again...
    Rumor has it Lando is suppose to show up in either Episode VIII or IX.

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgiabuff
    replied
    I went and saw it again today. enjoyed it even more the 2nd time around. I believe Rey is Luke's daughter. all the clues point to it. the lightsaber called to her, R2 woke up when she came to the base after sensing her presence. Leia seemed to know her once she saw her. the luke Skywalker music played when she pulled the lightsaber to her. All points to her being Skywalker bloodline. Since Han did not seem to know her, that makes her Lukes kid.

for what is worth, my wife, who is at best a casual fan, loved the movie. my sister, who is not a fan at all, now wants to go watch all the movies because she does not remember them from us growing up

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    My buddy Ryan Daly believes Rey may be the granddaughter of Obi Wan. I actually like this theory! It's not as obvious as the Luke/daughter one, and it's more poetic, making the current story a battle between the granddaughters of Obi Wan and Anakin...PLUS, Kylo Ren was named after Obi Wan!

That theory, and many others are discussed on Rob Kelly's Film and Water podcast episode, which also features the Irredeemable Shag and yours truly.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Banner
    replied
    Interesting summary of some rumoured deleted stuff from TFA:

On Tuesday Peter Sciretta posted on Slashfilm a compilation of 20 scenes he says were cut from “The Force Awakens." These were cuts, says Sciretta, that helped reduce its length by some 20 minutes.

A few highlights:

* The movie was to begin as long rumored, with Luke’s lightsaber – the one lost on Bespin along with Luke’s hand – tumbling through space toward a planet. “This shot was cut late in the process,” according to Sciretta.

* Alan Dean Foster’s novelization of “The Force Awakens” appears to confirm Leia was to appear much earlier in the movie, instructing an envoy to urge the less corrupt elements of the Galactic Senate to act quickly against Snoke’s increasingly powerful First Order.

* At some point Maz Kanata was even more Yoda-y, using The Force to bring a ceiling down on some troublesome Stormtroopers.

* The novelization suggests that Jakku junk dealer Unkar Plutt follows Rey to Maz’s castle, angry about her theft of The Millennium Falcon. Chewbacca attempts to effect Rey’s rescue through intimidation, but is only mocked by Plutt for having only one functional arm. Chewie reciprocates by ripping Plutt’s arm from his torso and tossing the dismembered limb onto a gaming table. (This may be the “arm moment” to which Daisy Ridley refers in the video above.) “They reshot some of Maz’s castle scenes,” writes Sciretta.

* Remember that shot from the trailer in which somebody hands Leia a lightsaber? That somebody is Maz, who in an earlier cut made her way to the Resistance’s base on D’Qar.

* According to Sciretta, Rey’s vision originally contained a shot of Vader dismembering Luke on Bespin. (In the finished film we see something perhaps even cooler: Rey stumbling through a Bespin corridor (!) as Luke can be heard screaming “No!”)

* A scene was apparently shot in which Kylo Ren boards the Falcon and enters its cockpit, presumably a place he well recognizes from his childhood as Ben Solo.

* In a deleted action sequence near Starkiller Base, Rey and Finn were to steal a snowspeeder in an effort to elude pursuing Stormtroopers.

* Dialogue from trailers and promos that did not make its way into the movie:
    Maz: “Who are you?”
    Rey: “I’m no one.”
    Maz: “Just let it in.”
    Finn: “I’ve got nothing to fight for.”

Leave a comment:

• phil
    replied
    Whatever Rey's background is I hope it's a story that will be worth telling and told well.

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgiabuff
    replied
    interesting theory, but I don't think so

Leave a comment:

• drquest
    replied
    Also Leia just walked by Chewy when he arrived with Rey after Han's death and hugged her. She didn't know Rey at that point, or did she feel her force presence.

Leave a comment:

• drquest
    replied
    Also....

Remember how the Emperor didn't show any Force powers or interest in it before he came to power.... She could have helped by pushing Ben(Kylo) to destroy Luke's Jedi training center.

Leave a comment:

• drquest
    replied
    I was reading some comments about TFA, and sort of thought this might be an interesting twist...

Leia guilted Han into bring their son back, and basically directly caused his death. She could be pulling Ben's(Kylo Ren) strings.... I know it's a stretch but Han did leave her for some unknown amount of time.

It's obvious the Resistance isn't working well with the Republic.... It would be amazing if she's actually the one behind Snoke. Her father embraced the dark side

Leave a comment:

• Hedji
    replied
    Right on! I am happy to sit down and be told a story.

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgiabuff
    replied
    I am just enjoying the ride

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍