X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • z3zep
    The Girl Next Door
    • Sep 30, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
    Perhaps that's why I hate all the Matrix films...because the last two are utter crap...I guess as a stand-alone film...I'll list the first Matrix at number 26.

Yes, when you think of the Matrix -- just think of the First movie -- the other 2 suck! But the Original Matrix is really good. And it popularized the whole bullet time thing.

I think the list is pretty good, the order is not, and there are a few that could be removed and others added. But overall it is a good representation.

Comment

• liquorpig
      • Dec 4, 2008

Popularizing "bullet time" is the #1 reason I WOULDN'T put it at #1!

Is there no love for John Carpenter's The Thing out there? IMO, it is the greatest science fiction movie ever made. However, I can see the arguement that it is much more a horror film than sci-fi.
      Liquor Pig - Drinking bad liquor so you don't have to!!!

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I almost listed The Thing at number five over Planet of the Apes...but I don't wanna pizz off Jessica.

The Thing is a GREAT movie, certainly better than the original, Thing From Another World.
        sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Why don't they have the original War of the Worlds on their list? I know I'd have it ranked ahead of Robocop.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
            Why don't they have the original War of the Worlds on their list? I know I'd have it ranked ahead of Robocop.
            Agreed.
            sigpic

Comment

• theantiquetiger
              Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
              • Nov 12, 2005

I love "12 Monkeys". Not too many people cared for it. It belongs on this list (not top 10).

I wonder why "Dune" wasn't mentioned. That was another great movie that did bad at the box office.

"Close Encounters" should be alot higher than it is on that list.

"Terminator 2" is way too high on the list. The first is 1000x better.

Another movie not mentioned is "Time Bandits". I think it is the same people who did "Brazil".
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
                I love "12 Monkeys". Not too many people cared for it. It belongs on this list (not top 10).

I wonder why "Dune" wasn't mentioned. That was another great movie that did bad at the box office.

"Close Encounters" should be alot higher than it is on that list.

"Terminator 2" is way too high on the list. The first is 1000x better.

Another movie not mentioned is "Time Bandits". I think it is the same people who did "Brazil".
                I agree with everything you said except the part about Dune...it's a crappy movie...and this is coming from one of Frank Herbert's biggest fans...Dune also happens to be my all-time favorite book...what a dissapointment when I first saw the movie. The Sci-Fi Channel's Dune mini-series is a hundred times better.
                Last edited by Hector; Dec 6, '08, 5:41 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎