The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Star Trek Voyager last 7 seasons ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kbroz
    • Feb 4, 2007

For me, Voyager was rock bottom. I was never a fan of DS9 either. They were just... boring. Enterprise I thought had a few great episodes but a lot of filler. Luckily, Scott Bakula at least tried to act. I swear most of the people on Voyager thought they were filming a independent film for some high school students. :(
    --Kurt

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

That awful episode in question was "Threshold", discussed AT HILARIOUS LENGTH, here:
      Star Trek: Voyager - "Threshold" (1996) Recap @ the agony booth : Your home for hilariously detailed recaps of bad movies!

Be warned, salty language resides there.

More bad Trek dissections here:
      The Worst of Trek @ the agony booth : Your home for hilariously detailed recaps of bad movies!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>really the Doctor is the only Voyager character that we saw a significant amount of actual development with over all 7 seasons.

I think that's a big problem with the show. They WANTED to be character driven, but seldom did anything with the characters unless it affected the plot. And anything they DID do sort of went away. Or just sort of showed up in the first place. (Like Paris in PJ's kidnapping the captain, or the whole 6 of 9/Chakotay thing, or the Paris/Klingon woman who's name I forget thing....) Even the Doc really didn't go anywhere until they lost Kes. (And up until then I REALLY thought he should have a shiny "H" on his forhead and show an unreasonable fear of gespatcho soup....)

>Not only was Ryan gorgeous, she did a fantastically understated job of playing a challenging role.

I don't think the role was all that challenging; but 6 of 9 was the only character who was any DIFFERENT by the time she was introduced. She seemed interesting by comparasin to everyone else; but on a show with actual characters she would have seemed more like a watered down Spock. Every sci-fi show has one: the alien character who's smarter, stronger and all around better than the humans but comes from an emotionally stunted culture and can't comprehend everyone elses' erratic and emotional ways. (And yet never slaps any of 'em around....)

Don C.

Comment

• AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
          I was NEVER here!
          • Jun 22, 2008

Originally posted by ctc
          >Trek fans are all geeks with no girlfriends , right ? .... Let's bring in a big boobed babe ....

Or when Chakotay and 6 of 9 hooked up. It came out of nowhere, for no real reason.

Don C.
          Yeah. . . not many people noticed that 7 of 9 brought her cat along (6 of 9). The only way Chakotay was able to explain the beastiality away was that he thought it was his spirit guide! And YES. . . 6 of 9 has a vibrate setting!

At least he left 8 of 9 alone. . . that would have been harder to explain!!

Comment

• AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
            I was NEVER here!
            • Jun 22, 2008

Originally posted by type1kirk
            I was never a big fan of Jeri Ryan

Take away her fake jugs, and you'll be forced to look at her face -- she's not all that pretty.
            NO. . . . . of course she isn't?

Although at the time when it was airing. . . .I did agree with ya Mikey!

Comment

• AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
              I was NEVER here!
              • Jun 22, 2008

Originally posted by Captain
              That ship should have looked like a patchwork quilt made out of anything and everything by the time it finally made it home!!!
              Throw in a few time travel concepts, have them assimilating alien technologies. . . AND. . . they could have been the GENESIS of the BORG!! Re-imagined perhaps??
              Last edited by AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM; Oct 3, '08, 8:36 PM.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                valar morghulis
                • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by ctc

I don't think the role was all that challenging; but 6 of 9 was the only character who was any DIFFERENT by the time she was introduced.

Don C.
                Not challenging?

Trek producer: Okay, Ms Ryan, we want you to bring a conflicted tone to Seven. She's Borg, AND she's human. She's haunted, angry, torn. She doesn't fit in. She doesn't want to Borg, but doesn't want to be human either. Her crewmates aren't going to like her much, or even trust her initially. They'll even fear her somewhat.

Ryan: Sounds like a great role. A lot to work with. Anything else?

Trek producer: Yes... you have to wear a skin tight catsuit and high heels.

Ryan: *SIGH*

Last edited by Sideshow Spock; Oct 4, '08, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                  Love to play with Megos
                  • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hector
                  1. TOS
                  2. Deep Space 9
                  3. TNG
                  4. Voyager
                  5. Enterprise

That's what I think those numbers of Treks are my top favorite list.
                  Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                    Love to play with Megos
                    • Oct 19, 2003

Of course Seven of Nine!

Originally posted by AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
                    NO. . . . . of course she isn't?

Although at the time when it was airing. . . .I did agree with ya Mikey!
                    Both of them look VERY hot!!! My favorite is Seven of Nine, she's very sexy looking.... 'cause I like her BIG boobies and tighter suit!
                    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎