Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

I have to admit the performances kept me glued to the tv. I would have liked to see both Goat and Eastman survive. I knew they were both going to bite it (zombie humour), but I would have liked to get swerved in this case. I really liked how hard it was for Morgan to come back from the space his head was in. So many zombie flicks show the characters opting out and if not by straight out suicide, by taking some very low chance of surviving plan. Interesting to get a take on the mental state of those that have made it some time into the zombie apocalypse. I have to say that I really enjoyed last night' episode.
    They havent made reference to the zombies being able to smell live prey close by in quite some time (maybe from the first season?). I wonder if at this stage they still have that capability. I guess if their eyes still function, makes sense their sense of smell still works.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

I actually liked this episode.
      I know, we were all waiting for walker mayhem, Rick and Glenn facing certain death, but hey, there's always next week. Let's savor the suspense.

I thought it was a well-written piece, a little breather before the coming storm, and a good insight in what this situation does to peoople, and how you can eventually choose between Dark and Light. This is what makes WD so great, it's about real people, and what makes them strong and weak.

I was wondering, has anyone considered cauterizing minor bite wounds, to maybe stop the infection? Eastman's death seems so pointless. How about immediately burning or removing the infected bitemark?

I'm off now, to make oatmeal burgers and twirl my broomstick...
      The Walking Vegans!!

Btw, Tabitha wasn't stabbed through the head, so....walker goat, meeeeeehhhhh!!!!
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

I thought the episode was great and as a fan of Kung Fu movies, it's interesting to me to see how Morgan went from completely unhinged to zen. I feel it would be a complete waste of time to show his character development and zen philosophy only to turn around and say "See? This doesn't work. Nothing works" I hope they don't do that, although that seems to be the way it's going.

As for Glenn? I think he's done for, but what if he was able to shimmy under the dumpster and what if he was able to block the front of it with Nicholas' body and kill enough of the zombies reaching for him to form a cocoon around the bottom of the dumpster...maybe even cover himself with zombie guts to camo himself...and what if the sound of Rick's machine gun fire started the bulk of the herd to start moving in that direction...maybe Glenn could wait it out and still escape...

Having said that, I still think he's dead.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

My money is on Glenn being alive... Too many things pointing to that.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

I really liked the episode. It seems many viewers were more like this though:

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

That was brilliant...
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

I liked the Morgan episode except for one scene...the one where Eastman saves Morgan from a Walker and gets bitten. I'm sorry, that was weak, lazy writing. Seriously, the dude was an Aikido expert. You don't think he could've just simply pushed off the Walker with his stick? It's a long stick, you know...longer reach than his actual body. Eastman just shielding Morgan from the Walker by weakly just positioning and exposing his back was just one blithering Dumb & Dumber move. The ONLY logic I can take from that...is that Eastman wanted to commit suicide. But other than that reason...that scene was lame, lame, lame...
                sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

i liked the episode. it was a needed quiet point after the week befores episode. I think we will have to wait 2 more weeks though to find out Glens fate. I am guessing next week will be in the town again from the preview and then we will get back to what happened to Glen. I think someone last week on talking Dead had mentioned having to wait 3 weeks to find out

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

...and even without a stick...come on dude...you know Aikido...do some Steven Seagal moves on that Walker's butt...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I hope Glenn is dead...so I can have Maggie all to myself...

sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Glenn's been on my list for no particular reason forever... he's just not my favorite character. Although he is brave and always goes out on missions and runs, I'll give him that.

And they did try the wound cauterization in Romero's Day of the Dead by amputating the victim's arm and then burning the site with a torch. The guy was pretty messed up afterwards though, so it was inconclusive whether it worked.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                          Wake Up Heavy
                          • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
                          I liked the Morgan episode except for one scene...the one where Eastman saves Morgan from a Walker and gets bitten. I'm sorry, that was weak, lazy writing. Seriously, the dude was an Aikido expert. You don't think he could've just simply pushed off the Walker with his stick? It's a long stick, you know...longer reach than his actual body. Eastman just shielding Morgan from the Walker by weakly just positioning and exposing his back was just one blithering Dumb & Dumber move. The ONLY logic I can take from that...is that Eastman wanted to commit suicide. But other than that reason...that scene was lame, lame, lame...
                          Totally agree. All he had to do was jab the stick in the walker's head. That's just bad writing.
                          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Goblin19
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 2, 2002

Definitely was the worst part of the episode. I thought it was pretty boring. I just don't like the dialog and situations these writers create. It's just too obvious too often.

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Gorn Captain

I was wondering, has anyone considered cauterizing minor bite wounds, to maybe stop the infection? Eastman's death seems so pointless. How about immediately burning or removing the infected bitemark?
                              Back in Season 3, Hershel was bitten in the leg, and they quickly cut his leg off before the infection could spread and it worked. But I'm not sure if it would work on a torso bite compared to in an extremity.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

the reality though, is that any bite would be fatal, by the time they amputate anything, the infection would have already spread through the body with the flow of the blood

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎