X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by drquest
    I don't think the kid killed himself on the wall, but him going to Rick to ask about how to shoot tells me he's probably going to be gunning for Carl.
    I think he was talking about Deanna's son, not Jessie's.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by hedrap
      And the one house walker the blonde killed, was that supposed to be a suicide by wrist slitting?
      This was the wife of the dude who wrote the note that never made it to her. And yes, it was suicide.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

I'm enjoying this season a lot, finally more walker action instead of Human vs Human. I was tired of that.
        Walkers are a threat again, the show needed that.
        I think the problem is that they're trying to tell a whole lot of story at the same time, and it gets a bit messy that way. So Rick trapped in the camper (great cliffhanger) gets postponed (probably for a flashback), but this does kill the cliffhanger suspense. They should have shown it now, keeping the adrenaline going. The same for Glenn, the follow-up shouldn't be postponed this long.
        I think Maggie will not search for Glenn on her own, thinking of the baby. What were they thinking? Pregnant women and babies die in this WD world, unless you're Judith, who I think is an alien. She's like a magical baby. No flu, no diarrhea, no crying. I'd like to order half a dozen of those babies.
        Maybe, if the group ever leaves Alexandria, Maggie will stay behind for the baby.

Mike's suggestion of the boat is great. Send the WD writers and e-mail, Mike. How about a cruise ship, you could even plant vegetables on the deck, raise some goats. If it's a military vessel, you could even have some sort of defense. An aircraft carrier! Yeah! Maybe with a chopper? It worked for Dawn of the Dead.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Iron's right. I meant Deanna's son, the guy who looks like a poor man's Kevin Love. He was the last on the tower and the blood is dripping down, not through the metal sheet.

Thanks for the clarity on the woman. They needed a scene with Michonne telling her. I thought his wife was the smoking woman the first Wolf killed. If ASZ people are offing themselves, it follows the Alpha/culling narrative they've been using for the past two seasons as a build towards Neegan. So it's an "Alexandria as Jonestown" metaphor.

Gorn - Kirkman's put himself in a spot where babies like Judith will have an antibody resistance to zombifying. Especially Judith who was in utereo when it started. I think that's why Kirkman openly regrets the CDC scenes; it makes them obey a set of laws even if it never makes it into a storyline. Kirkman seems very adamant in interviews about having the freedom to change whatever he wants.

I agree the ep jumps have killed the suspense. Maggie's sewer soliloquy fir me, felt confirmation Glenn was saved by Jesus. The dialogue was too fourth-wall "let Maggie talk directly to the audience so Glenn's return will come as a surprise and elation".

As for the boat, I think Fear is covering the basis of that idea next season.

That's another trend I'm noticing; the producers seem intent on debunking all fan scenarios. Eastman is meant to disprove a life of slash-n-burn. Pit traps, fortified walls, won't work. But what was really overt was the "Rick's plan was right, dammit" rant by Aaron that again, was directed as much at the viewer as it was the characters.

It bothers me as that's usually a producer tell sign. X-Files and Lost are the two big examples of where the showrunners felt boxed in by all the fan theories, so they started diverting their story ideas just to be contrarian. Pretty much guarantees Glenn doesn't get whacked by Neegan. Obvious choices are Morgan and Abe, but I could see Aaron.

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

Gotcha... Deanna's son.... Makes sense.

I think a boat is a viable option, but it requires fuel and maintenance. I think most of us could find reasonable places to hold up against lumbering zombies, but keeping well armed groups at bay would be a completely different deal.
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

For the ship, I didn't mean go cruising around ... I just ment live on it where it's docked.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

Very last scene, blood drips down the guard wall
                I took this to be blood or zombie yuk oozing THROUGH the wall. Indicating a mass of zombies converging on that spot, and literally crushing the few closest to the wall, pushing them against and through a crack or weak spot. Something Deanna might have seen and reported, allowing them to reinforce tht spot and off a few zoms on the outside. Instead she wanders around dazed and confused. She is not making it out of this season for sure. If even out of the first half of it.

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

I was really wanted another hit of Walking Dead, so I plower through Fear the Walking Dead. Confirmed my initial reaction when I first stopped watching after two episodes. There really isn't a single character I care about on that show like I do on The Walking Dead.

And yeah, it looks like they are exploring the Boat thing on that show.
                  My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

That's another trend I'm noticing; the producers seem intent on debunking all fan scenarios. Eastman is meant to disprove a life of slash-n-burn. Pit traps, fortified walls, won't work. But what was really overt was the "Rick's plan was right, dammit" rant by Aaron that again, was directed as much at the viewer as it was the characters.
                    I remember when the Talking Dead started and they were all over the place with theories. Things that I would never have dreamed of would get pulled out of the episode. I knew that they would have to start reeling in the show or else people would get confused as to what actually happened on that episode as opposed to what they thought had happened based on Talking Dead. There was someone on comicbookresources that wrote a rundown of the most recent episode and there were so many mistakes it was like they hadn't watched it at all. As children of the television we take for granted that we have been schooled from early on how to interpret actions from tv, and are able to "see the future" on a show based on cues given by the writer. Sometimes the fans/ us get stuck on non-factors and it is the writers job to get our focus back.
                    Michonne telling Maggie (while Deanna was surveying) at the beginning about Glen was so low volume on my tv that I never heard it but saw it on the captions. Was the wife (that committed suicide) who lost her husband beside them? I think we found out it was the wife on Talking Dead?

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Alexandra Breckenridge looked mighty fine in this week's episode. That's all I got...

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Neegan has been cast. Jeffery Dean Morgan played the Comedian in Watchmen.
                        Things aren't looking too good for Glenn either way now.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody else here sometimes get embarrassed when they realize they're watching a man soap opera disguised as something cool ?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by cjefferys
                            Alexandra Breckenridge looked mighty fine in this week's episode. That's all I got...
                            100% totally agreed!!!
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by samurainoir
                              Neegan has been cast. Jeffery Dean Morgan played the Comedian in Watchmen.
                              Things aren't looking too good for Glenn either way now.

Damn. I guess this really limits his opportunity to return to his favorite role of mine---Papa John Winchester...
                              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey
                                For the ship, I didn't mean go cruising around ... I just ment live on it where it's docked.
                                Yep: Something big and solid, and defendable. They'd have to find a way to seal off the docking area.
                                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎