Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

I've stuck with the show since the beginning, but it has gotten pretty poor at this point, IMO. The writers are decent at storytelling, just decent, but their dialogue is just so labored and obvious. I used to love the episodes that focused on character development, but now I prefer the action shows. I've been frustrated for 2 seasons and am close to my exit. I hope they turn it around.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I still say

Originally posted by Hedji
      This is still one damn entertaining television program and always holds my interest.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

It's starting to lose it's luster with me, but I don't intend to drop it yet. I think I'm being spoiled by shows like Fargo and Man in the High Castle and I'm starting to see formulas on Walking Dead.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

My favourite take on Military vs Zombies scenario is a comic called crossed during an arc called Thin Red Line. With creator Garth Ennis' Preacher being adapted by AMC, I'd love to see his Crossed series come to life on TV as well.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

Even though it's still the best show on TV, I feel it needs to progress. It's getting tiresome, this "who dies next" game.People just roaming around, getting picked off by yet another gang of killers. I think it's time (as said a couple of posts back) that they go looking for answers and solutions. Get some focus, and a goal to get to.
            I didn't think Morgan's character would become so stupid and irritating so fast. He must see that he's putting everyone in danger, right? Kick the guy out! Take away his stick, and let him love the evil out of everyone...
            A lot of good points are made, like Judith's saintly behavior. She gets a blood-soaked cloth over her head, and she's like "cool, I get it, sleepy time". Is she a parrot, or a baby?
            And why do people now cover for others that would have them dead?
            Glenn covered for Jonathan after being shot by him, now Carl for whatsisname?
            Is there a "stupid virus" as well?
            And you are driving a truck, see some armed bikers blocking the road, and you stop for conversation? Roadkill, is what I say...

I hope next season is Rick and Carol, and some really big guns, cleaning up. Time for some Rick-tatorship...
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

I agree that there is no progress, and they keep showing us possible bridges to progress, (such as Deanna's inspiration and revised map and Morgan's zen philosophy and martial arts training) only to then blow up those bridges and show that they don't work. Nothing works.

Perhaps that's the point, but it's starting to lose my interest.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

Daryl should have plowed through those bikers.
                Someone should have shot the Wolf, Nurse Jackie-girl be-damned.
                Carl should have taken out that jerk, and the younger one for good measure.
                They should have exiled Morgan awhile back. He has no place in a group setting.

To me these are all poor writing decisions which insult the intelligence of the audience. When characters behave in a manner contrary to their previous actions the show becomes disingenuous.
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                  Even though it's still the best show on TV....
                  It's number three on my list...after Jessica Jones and Gotham..

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                    Daryl should have plowed through those bikers.
                    Someone should have shot the Wolf, Nurse Jackie-girl be-damned.
                    Carl should have taken out that jerk, and the younger one for good measure.
                    They should have exiled Morgan awhile back. He has no place in a group setting.

To me these are all poor writing decisions which insult the intelligence of the audience. When characters behave in a manner contrary to their previous actions the show becomes disingenuous.
                    Agreed across the board.

Speaking of Nurse Jackie...that was a damn great little show...went under the radar of most people.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Was just thinking of something (a bit off topic)

How long would/should it take a zombie to dry so much they literally couldn't move ?

Seems like they're always squishy and succulent

Without drinking (or eating) most should almost mummify in not long of a time.

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

The mid-season finale was pretty terrible. Although I thought the season had some nice moments... it never really came together for me. But I had the same feeling with the farm, and I felt it came back strong after the mid-season break. So I am not giving up hope just yet.

But I gotta say... I don't get all the Morgan hate. While I agree that keeping the Wolf alive was ill advised, I still kinda admire him sticking to his moral code. I am more ****ed at Carol. She has a concussion, the town is overrun with walkers... didn't she have anything better to do than to snoop on what Morgan was keeping hidden away in his basement? Surely it could have waited for a better time. And her logic of "I will kill you to make sure nobody gets hurt" was so ridiculously convoluted. I love Carol, but come on...

Comment

• drquest
                          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by sprytel
                          The mid-season finale was pretty terrible. Although I thought the season had some nice moments... it never really came together for me. But I had the same feeling with the farm, and I felt it came back strong after the mid-season break. So I am not giving up hope just yet.

But I gotta say... I don't get all the Morgan hate. While I agree that keeping the Wolf alive was ill advised, I still kinda admire him sticking to his moral code. I am more ****ed at Carol. She has a concussion, the town is overrun with walkers... didn't she have anything better to do than to snoop on what Morgan was keeping hidden away in his basement? Surely it could have waited for a better time. And her logic of "I will kill you to make sure nobody gets hurt" was so ridiculously convoluted. I love Carol, but come on...
                          The key with Carol is she didn't have a concussion, she was faking it to find an opening to see what the heck Morgan was up to. She doesn't trust him, and might even think he was the guy that brought the wolves in(and she's even partially right).
                          Danny(Drquest)
                          Captain Action HQ
                          Retro shirts and stuff
                          More retro shirts
                          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Don't you DARE hate on Carol...she's my hero...if I were in that world...I'd want her as my personal bodyguard...

sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
                              Wake Up Heavy
                              • Jan 31, 2010

Didn't look like she was faking it to me. She was sweaty and out of it when trying to fight Morgan. She did play possum, but I think she really did have a head injury.
                              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

"Rick-tatorship" LOL, Gorn Captain. Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎