Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steeler80
    Mayor of Strunk
    • Jun 29, 2001

Consistently one of the best shows on television. I was talking to a friend that hates horror shows and I tried to explain to her that the zombies aren't the main focus, the survivors are. If you can get past the occasional gore, even non-horror fans would love it.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
      Creature Of The Night
      • May 14, 2011

Rick has a bit of a slow learning curve, hasn't he.

Love the scene with the two corpse guards laying side by side and the romantic affect it had on Rick (this moment was brought to you by KRAFT).

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by johnnystorm
        The whole cast has been splattered with zombie-juice over & over, heck remember when they rubbed it all over them in Season One? Sorry, but somebody's got that in their mouths or eyes getting splashed. So maybe the "germs" don't survive outside the bodies, they need to be "injected" through the bite or scratch.

The original zombies came from somewhere...so I think what's not known yet to the cast is that anybody who dies comes back, regardless of the manner of death. Unless the brain or head is damaged. Those guards may have starved to death or had heart attacks, or took poison to commit suicide...but once they died they rose as zombies. The bites just infect and kill you slowly (or quickly depending on the severity of the bite).
        Someone at the farm is going to die (maybe the suicide girl) and reveal that fact to them.
        OK, that's fine and dandy...and I'll go with that...

However...I hope all that stupid self-cutting stops...there's absolutely NO need whatsoever to be cutting themselves...it's not like you have to beg the Walkers to come to you...they'll gladly do that all by themselves...that's why the self-cutting is so silly, lol.
        sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          i believe that was revealed in the comic.....when you die you will come back a zombie. does not matter if you were bit or scratched
          PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep comic spoilers out the thread for some of us this is new

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

That shocked me.

Comment

• toyman
              Just Another Collector
              • Sep 1, 2008

Yeah I didn't see that coming.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Freakin' Carl
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                  Hot Child in the City
                  • Jul 3, 2008

Big surprise, wot?

And does nobody keep tabs on their kids on this show? Is there no policy like always stay in sight or don't go anywhere by yourself?

Carl's out there roaming the woods alone & nobody notices he's not around. Guess Lori was busy doing the wash while Rick broods over responsibility...

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                    Persistent Member
                    • Oct 3, 2007

Anyone else take issue with the Zombie strength thing. I mean Bite force on a normal human is something near 400 pound, But that looked almost superhuman!
                    As for Carl. I think the farm has given the grown-ups a false sence of security. And they paid for it did'nt they?
                    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                    MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                      valar morghulis
                      • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                      Freakin' Carl
                      I just came on here to say the same thing, except I was planning on "F--king dipsh-t Carl"

Also, wouldn't a good general let's-not-be-killed-by-zombies rule be no one ventures out into a big field at nite all by themself?
                      Last edited by Sideshow Spock; Mar 5, '12, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

I think it's dumb all them people and never never built a fence around the place.

Only prob with the guy dying tonight, now I dont care if any of the rest dye.

He was the only decent character ... the rest are all annoying and can dye for all I care

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

definate shocker. he was the voice of reason for the rest. will be interesting to see how the last 2 episodes this season shape up

Comment

• drzaius1
                            Residident of Camp Eleven
                            • Aug 25, 2010

I figured out what was happening as soon as he ventured into the field , but i was almost expecting the zombie to be toting the gun that Carl dropped.
                            Domo Arigato, Mr. Mugato
                            sigpic

Comment

• drzaius1
                              Residident of Camp Eleven
                              • Aug 25, 2010

I do really like this show because it totally stresses me out. Now that the episodes involve more interaction with the characters and less zombie scenes, it really becomes quite frightening when the zombies do show up.
                              That scene with Carl and the mud stuck zombie made me stand up, i couldn't watch it sitting down. I find these scenes much more stressful and scary now that i have kids of my own. I use to be the guy who would watch horror movies by myself in a dark basement just to get biggest scare experience. Now I find I get totally anxious and stressed beyond my comfort zone. Either the genre has gotten that much better or I am starting to wimp out.
                              Domo Arigato, Mr. Mugato
                              sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

IMHO, that was the most heavy-handed episode yet. It had all the subtlety of an after school special. If you are going to pull that shocker, it deserves a better written episode.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎