Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

I loved the seasons pace this year. The lull at the farm, I feel gave a chance for the drama to play out. I dont think you could have got full emotional effect of charactor driven plot in the middle of a full fledged Zombie fest. The whole Shane killing otis needed fall out needed space to play out. The Glen / Maggie on off romance. Lori's Mama Drama. I was afraid the Sophie issue was just gonna be left open. Much like it might have been in alot of peoples cases in this world. Just another lost soul in the Zombie apocolyps. I like the developement of Dayrl's charactor in this season. I think this season has showed Rick's strength in contrast to Shane's weasel-ness. This season has been the "Eye of the storm." for me. Also I have to add that I never read the comic. So maybe thats why I'm all good on all this. You have to pace a live action drama differently than a comic.
    In the future I wanna see the guy & kid Rick met first after he woke. I want to see how they're doing. An appearence of Zombie Otis would be cool. But the thing I'm fearing the most is if Daryl's older brother comes back. I think that SOB would be worse than any Zombie!!!
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
      Formerly known as Del
      • Dec 12, 2004

I'm really surprised at how much I like some of the things they changed for the show, although I wouldn't change a thing about the comics. Half the fun of discussing it is thinking of the really messed up stuff they did in the comics and wondering if they'll try that on TV. I kind of see it as having an "Ultimate" kind of vibe.
      Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
      https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
      http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• megoapesnut
        The name says it all!
        • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by MegoScott
        Surprising ending in many ways. I didn't see it coming first of all, which is kind of stunning, it makes so much sense.
        Tell me about it. They gave us a huge clue when the doll was found. Should have figured it out then. She would have never left the doll behind if she was alive.

Originally posted by MegoScott
        But also that it seems to have vindicated a lot of the problems people had with the season. The build up to the conclusion made it especially powerful.
        Big time.

Comment

• Captain_Mego
          Vet.
          • May 22, 2007

Yeah I must say it's no Smallville replacement for me,,but I like it enough to tune in every week. Story isn't bad,,effects are well done. Characters are developing. Liked the twist they had the other night. Still wish they would bring back Smallville as Superman this time.

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
            This is all Ricks' fault...not Shane's.

If this was happening in real life...and I was in that situation...I'd be Shane for sure...

Agreed! Shane seems to have more of a grasp on the zombie world. Dale/Lori/Carl and sometimes Rick make me so angry I luv it. Is the comic series still going on?
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Megospidey
              Museum Webslinger
              • Jul 26, 2006

^ Yes, the comic series is still going on....

Comment

• toyman
                Just Another Collector
                • Sep 1, 2008

I think carl showed the attitude and understanding of whats going on to be able to survive in the future by wanting to learn how to use a gun and be prepared for whatever comes next.Dale has no balls,he talks a good game but always backs down.
                Shane knows what to do but I think he is very unstable,the wildcard in all of this.
                Rick has to decide on a set of rules to follow and not try to be mr. nice guy,kinda be between himself and shane type of man.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                  Hot Child in the City
                  • Jul 3, 2008

Rick is learning as it goes on...more bad stuff to come & he'll change.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

I love this show. I've been wanting to read these threads but I had most of season two so far to wade through on the DVR. I haven't read the comics, so I have no idea what's coming. Zombie girl coming out of the barn was pretty powerful. As soon as it appeared there was one walker still left in the barn, I knew it was her.

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by toyman
                      I think carl showed the attitude and understanding of whats going on to be able to survive in the future by wanting to learn how to use a gun and be prepared for whatever comes next.Dale has no balls,he talks a good game but always backs down.
                      Shane knows what to do but I think he is very unstable,the wildcard in all of this.
                      Rick has to decide on a set of rules to follow and not try to be mr. nice guy,kinda be between himself and shane type of man.
                      Nicely put. I'd agree with that.

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                      Rick is learning as it goes on...more bad stuff to come & he'll change.
                      Sounds great! I can't wait. I might have to start reading the comics.

I'm surprised they killed off the girl. C'mon February.
                      Last edited by Chris; Dec 2, '11, 3:51 PM.
                      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Megospidey
                        Museum Webslinger
                        • Jul 26, 2006

This whole show is about PRAGMATISM versus MORALISM

In the event of a world-wide shakeup like this, will you abandon your ethical, moral belief system and do what is takes to survive, or will you hold onto that belief system no matter what.

What has been most interesting is watching people change throughout series. If it follows the comics, the one who will change the most is Rick. You got a taste of it in the mid-series finale.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                          valar morghulis
                          • Mar 8, 2005

EL BUMPO

Pretty good episode to start back.. I sure wasn't prepared for what went down in that bar.

So let me get this straight.. Rick and Glen go off to town to bring Herschel back when the daughter passes out. Then shortly after, the daughter's condition worsens, and Rick's pregnant wife decides she needs to drive off to town too (BY HERSELF), not even knowing how to get there. Because she needs to go get Rick and Glenn and Herschel, even tho that's what Rick and Glenn are doing there in the first place.

Of course, her making this stupid decision is necessary for the big scene that follows, and it's crap like that that annoys me.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                            EL BUMPO

Pretty good episode to start back.. I sure wasn't prepared for what went down in that bar.

So let me get this straight.. Rick and Glen go off to town to bring Herschel back when the daughter passes out. Then shortly after, the daughter's condition worsens, and Rick's pregnant wife decides she needs to drive off to town too (BY HERSELF), not even knowing how to get there. Because she needs to go get Rick and Glenn and Herschel, even tho that's what Rick and Glenn are doing there in the first place.

Of course, her making this stupid decision is necessary for the big scene that follows, and it's crap like that that annoys me.

Yeah, all of that felt "Lost"-ish to me where everyone goes off in different directions and then somebody has to take a 2-day hike to go find somebody else...
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• MegoMark71
                              Permanent Member
                              • Dec 18, 2008

I just got caught up this weekend. The wife and myself watched all 7 episodes and then tonights new one. I was still in shock that i never saw the Sophia thing coming. Right before she limped out i said to my wife causally "here comes sophia" she punched me in the arm..lol The show is so well done. Another thing we talked about was how there wasn't a character we loved. Almost every one of them has ticked us of at one time. Right now Dale is on my least list.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

I've never read the books, but I've been watching the show since the first eppy (being a huge zombie fan) and tonight's episode, while not one to keep you on the edge of your seat, was a good way to sort of ease back into the story at hand. In the mid-season finale, you could just watch Shane's fuse burn shorter and shorter until the keg detonated at the end as he freed the barn walkers. I think when he saw Sophia shamble out, it kind of put the cork back in his bottle, at least for a little while because he didn't seem quite as much of a psycho tonight as he did last November. He's still basically a loaded gun and, much like Dale said, I suspect he will likely wind up killing or sacrificing someone else who isn't a Walker.

I knew the two who walked into the bar on Rick, Glenn and Hershel were bad news as soon as I saw them and I knew that Rick would have to be the one to put the kibosh on them. I wonder if Shane would still say "Rick isn't built for this world" if he'd been in that bar.

Overall, three out of five stars. Already looking forward to next week's eppy...
                                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎