Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolfie
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 31, 2007

Hard luck USA, you gave it your best shot.

NOW, England v Germany. OMG!!!!!!!

Comment

• MegoMark71
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 18, 2008

wow england just got screwed out of a goal. I'm sorry there is no excuse for that to not be a goal, just disgusting.
      At least they are trying to make the players man up and stop all the acting. Like the clowns for ghana yesterday.

Comment

• clemso
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 8, 2001

Yes we were cheated out of 1 goal, but no excuses, we are very lucky that we didn't lose 8-1. We were that bad. Back to the drawing board for England.

Comment

• wolfie
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 31, 2007

There is no excuse to come up with, England were hopeless from the day they turned up in South Africa. I still don't think this is a great german team but compared to us they looked incredible.

I shall now enjoy the rest of the tournament starting with Argentina in a couple of hours.

Comment

• toystalker
            none
            • Mar 27, 2008

wow i didnt think the score would be that marjin

not had a chance to watch the fgame yet but i will catch the highlights later on

been a very odd world cup so far lots of big teams are out

but i do agree england were lucky to be in the last 16 at all after how they displayed so far

2 nil nil draws to start the campaign was never good...

Comment

• kennermike
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by Hector
              Come on Mexico...SI SE PUEDE...SI SE PUEDE!!!

Told You Argentina but now its the test against Germany its going to be a goal fest!

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by mattelmike
                Told You Argentina
                Yeah...you really went out on a limb on that one...

Last edited by Hector; Jun 27, '10, 4:17 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

My take on Mexico...

Yes...it was offside (by two yards)...that first Argentine goal should've not counted.

I hate FIFA with a passion...they are living in the 19th century.

They say they don't want the game to be run by technology...yet the refs and linesmen have mics and little one-sided headsets to communicate with each other.

If that's the case....why not at least implement the replay on just one area...the goal line?

England got a horrible call as well...that ball clearly bounced over the goal line.

Disgusting and archaic display of officiating...truly disgusting...FIFA should be ashamed of themselves.

Having said that...Germany and Argentina are still clearly masters over England and Mexico...that much has not changed.

Ratones verdes (that means green mice, that's what the Mexican media calls them when they lose, lol)...back to the drawing board...yet again...what else is new.

P.S. Chicharito Hernandez is a star in the making...I was very impressed with him. He's gonna get even better playing with Manchester United.

But Carlos Vela and his ineffectiveness and lame arse injury...and Giovani Dos Santos running like a deer...but who has no idea what pacing the ball should be...major disappointments in this World Cup.

Oh...and defender Ricardo Osario should be executed on the spot for being a monumental baboso (dumbazz) of the first degree.

P.S.S. See?

USA was not the only team were horrible calls changed the momentum of games.

England and Mexico were still beaten by better teams...but those two goals that were called back...takes away the fun of the game.

Not blaming opposing teams...I'm blaming FIFA...clearly the villains here.

FIFA...please join the 21st century.
                  Last edited by Hector; Jun 27, '10, 4:25 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Funny how I'm the only one in here pointing bad calls for all the teams...not just for USA.
                    sigpic

Comment

• kennermike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 4, 2007

Yeah...you really went out on a limb on that one...

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• LadyZod
                          Superman's Gal Pal
                          • Jan 27, 2007

Both Mexico and the US had a hell of a run. Heck, even if Uruguay makes it past Ghana, we'll be taken down by Brazil in the Semi Finals. I'm just proud that the boys have made it past the round of 16. They've done good and if this as as far as they get I'm cool.

Especially if Germany kicks the snot out of Maradona's pansies.

GO ALEMANIA!
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                          Check out my art:
                          Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                          Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Wee67
                            Museum Correspondent
                            • Apr 2, 2002

P.S.S. See?

USA was not the only team were horrible calls changed the momentum of games.
                            No, you are not the only talking about bad calls outside of US matches. I've just been too upset to come here and talk football after the US loss. Reality can be a hard thing to face :(

In fact, the back of the NY Daily News (their sports section) has a full page pic of the English goal-that-should've been with the headline "Rubbish"!

The New York Times also has an article about the need for at least goal-line cameras to prevent what happened to England. I'm not sure I'm ready for video replay throughout the game, I do agree FIFA should take a page from the NHL's use of cameras, especially on goals.

Some of my English friends believe if that goal had counted, the English would not have been pressing so much and, hence, open for those counters by the Germans. I strongly disagree. As Germany came up on those counters, the English did not take very good angles and sometimes just couldn't keep up. If you watch the first pass on the final goal-scoring counter, the first English defender takes a terrible angle on the German player.

Looking forward to Argentina v Germany. I think these are the best playing sides right now. Always waiting to see if the Brazilians will click or not.
                            Last edited by Wee67; Jun 28, '10, 9:02 AM.
                            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Wee67
                              Museum Correspondent
                              • Apr 2, 2002

BTW, Hec, how old is the Mexican keeper, Perez? I know there was a battle for that spot, but I thin khe played really well. Combine that with the young side that Mexico is and it gives you hope for the future.
                              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Adam West
                                Museum CPA
                                • Apr 14, 2003

I also have been stewing in my juices the last few days after the loss to Ghana. This is one team we should have beat.

I also agree that the U.S. is in desperate need of a striker.

Altidore has a lot of great attributes...he is big, strong, and good with the ball when he's on. He just seemed like he didn't care. He also seems like he has a HUGE attitude problem. I remember back when he played for the Red Bulls, we were at a D.C. United game and my kids tried to get his autograph just as he was leaving the pitch after warmups. Almost every player in the MLS will come over and sign a few autographs after warmups but not Altidore. He was standing 5 yards from us and I asked if he would sign an autograph for my kids....he just ignored me. Why is he the only player on the U.S. squad who will not put his hand over his heart during the National Anthem. I realize he is of Haitian descent as well but he's playing for the U.S. Is he not proud to playing for the red, white, and blue? The U.S. defense did not play well either. Too many mistakes. Howard is a great goalie and kept us in most games throughout the world cup.
                                "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                                ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎