Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMCE: Don't let the exclusives ruin this.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Jerry68
    I just registered last night and this is my first post. Please count me in on the list for Khan. I have been collecting for a couple years and am very happy with the Emce line. The news of this exclusive is frustrating to me as well. I live in the Detroit area and there is neither store around here.

Welcome to the Museum Jerry!!
    sigpic

Comment

• txteach
      Banned
      • Jun 17, 2005

Welcome to the museum Jerry!

Comment

• Flynne
        Permanent Member
        • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by Jerry68
        I just registered last night and this is my first post. Please count me in on the list for Khan. I have been collecting for a couple years and am very happy with the Emce line. The news of this exclusive is frustrating to me as well. I live in the Detroit area and there is neither store around here.
        Congrats on joining the Musuem, and welcome!
        An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• fumetti
          • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by Histrionic Spock
          It's just too early to be worrying about doom and gloom.
          But if we wait until "doom and gloom" is already upon us, wouldn't that be too late?

I've experienced these "exclusives" situations many times with Star Wars. Sometimes they're not hard to find. Other times, they're impossible--at least at reasonable prices. I'd hate to see the EMCE line--already being so much smaller than normal--suffer from the same discontent that has spoiled so many other collectible hobbies.

The defense of limiting availability usually comes in the form of "they're only for die-hards" or "does everybody have to have the same collection?" I would rather that everybody be able to buy what's offered, and let the consumer's taste--not distribution--decide the contents of a collection. And I feel comfortable saying that most everybody buying these EMCE figures are already Star Trek Mego die-hards, so they'll all want the new figures.

And that's the second part that worries me about Khan being harder to find. This is the first new figure in the line. It's a very popular character. Everybody's gonna want one. I fear that this situation will encourage a lot of opportunism that the regular figs haven't suffered.

The culprit being Diamond and not EMCE makes me feel better. And the predictions so far that we'll be able to find Khan one way or another does too. I'd really hate to miss out on the first new Star Trek "Mego" in decades because I can't find it, or can't afford the scalper's price.

I think it's worth discussing now, so that we can be ahead of the situation rather than missing out due to confusion.

Comment

• jemboy2004
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2005

I'm in for the Khan figure too. If there is a mass buy of them count me in for one or two, if Mike (batmanmc) wants one too.

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

I still think it's premature to paint Diamond as some sort of Bad Guy here.

First of all, without them allowing EMCE to piggyback on the license, we wouldn't be seeing any of these figures.

Second, although they did not want to assume the risk of creating a new figure, they obviously actively sought out or at least listened to people wanting new figures. They could have just let the idea of new figures wither on the vine, but they allowed others willing to take the risk to step up and assume the risk for them. Without that decision, no Khan figure, and possibly no new figures at all.

Third, if these do well, we see more new figures, either from dealers willing to assume the risk, or Diamond wanting to get in on the action. I don't care if they only make a few. Any new figure with a rotocast head on a Mego repro body is a good new figure. You don't have to buy it, but the fact that they are being created makes me very happy.

End Soap Box.
              Last edited by Hulk; Feb 17, '08, 3:34 PM.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                Megoholic RocketScientist
                • Oct 23, 2007

I say order one or more if you have the dough reno rather on taking a chance on losing out on missing an opportunity such as this. "The Khan exclusive" or chase figure or whatever title you care to give it may be hard to get and then maybe it may not. Only time will really tell. Why take a chance on it as you will almost be guaranteed one if you preorder here. It sure beats paying a scalper a higher price later. Such as with all things in life it can be a crap shoot. The easiest simplest way to assure that you will receive one if you want one is to get on "the preorder list" that I am sure someone here that is reputable at the Museum will be organizing in the near future. I personally am anxiously awaiting for the powers that be to get this list going as you can definitely count me in as I had mentioned before.
                Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Hulk
                  I still think it's premature to paint Diamond as some sort of Bad Guy here.

First of all, without them allowing ENCE to piggyback on the license, we wouldn't be seeing any of these figures.

Second, although they did not want to assume the risk of creating a new figure, they obviously actively sought out or at least listened to people wanting new figures. They could have just let the idea of new figures wither on the vine, but they allowed others willing to take the risk to step up and assume the risk for them. Without that decision, no Khan figure, and possibly no new figures at all.

Third, if these do well, we see more new figures, either from dealers willing to assume the risk, or Diamond wanting to get in on the action. I don't care if they only make a few. Any new figure with a rotocast head on a Mego repro body is a good new figure. You don't have to buy it, but the fact that they are being created makes me very happy.

End Soap Box.
                  Hear hear
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• mikeoz
                    Mego Maker
                    • Mar 9, 2007

Originally posted by jemboy2004
                    I'm in for the Khan figure too. If there is a mass buy of them count me in for one or two, if Mike (batmanmc) wants one too.
                    Has this turned into a pre-order thread? If so, count me in. Is there a place where we can officially pre-order?
                    Looking for:
                    Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                      valar morghulis
                      • Mar 8, 2005

At the moment, it's a fantasy pre-order thread..

Comment

• LordMalvolio
                        • Sep 5, 2007

yes, why not set up a true pre-order thread as the time nears his arrivial. I will try my best to hunt them down in my neck of the woods for anyone who needs them!

Comment

• Jerry68
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 12, 2008

pre order

Count me in for at least two. Thanks!
                          sigpic

Comment

• txteach
                            Banned
                            • Jun 17, 2005

I want 20. Keep 2 and scalp the rest! Just kidding people.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 24, 2007

EMCE: Don't let the exclusives ruin this.

Put me down for two Khans......My favorite StarTrek villian.

Comment

• Jerry68
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 12, 2008

I have great news!!

Everyone,

I have the Hastings Barcode # for the Star Trek Retro Khan Exculsive............. 69978817699
                                I called the Richmond In store and got this info from Meagan!!!
                                It will be released in June. Meagan suggested I call back in April and perhaps I can order then. I thought everyone would like to know!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎