Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMCE: Don't let the exclusives ruin this.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

I have made some new progress today as well, we'll see how that turns out.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

I'm hopeful it'll be all good for everybody who wants a piece of the action

Comment

• Delusional B
        Museum Super Collector
        • Nov 14, 2007

It's a shame that the Khan figure is ending up to be an exclusive. So far, the EMCE Trek figures have been packed equally and have been fairly easy to get. It's actually been a joy to get the EMCE figures since they haven't been stressful to attain. It's been nice to finally have a line where nothing is short packed. This certainly changes the way I view this line. I've seen this as a fun, easy to get, "open 'em and play with 'em" kind of line. If Khan ends up costing quite a bit more than the standard figures, it will make him seem "precious" and will negate the fun intentions (at least in my thinking) of this line.

Also, this move makes the Khan figure seem like something that is "outside" of the line. I hope it at least released on the same packaging as the standard releases. Wouldn't it be nice to be getting 4 copies of a classic figure and 4 copies of a new one (like Khan) in a case?

I understand that it's out of EMCE's hands. It's still a shame, tho.
        Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• txteach
          Banned
          • Jun 17, 2005

I'm totally in if a preorder can be secured. Please add my name to any list.

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

I'd also be down "like Charlie Brown", for a chance to pre-order/mass order a KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAN!
            figure...

-Dave

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I don't think the exclusives will ruin anything. I'm looking forward to them, especially if "new" figures like Khan, Rand and Chapel are in the works. And I don't think we'll have any trouble getting them. I mean the reason these places get exclusives is so people will visit their websites or on-line stores and hopefully look around and buy something else. I mean they do want to sell these. So what if they are a couple of dollars more. It's NEW figures. We know we have a network here that will work together to get anything released. I mean, when and if there is a SDCC exclsuive someone will be buying a whole lot of them

I bought and shipped over 30 of the FX GAH Ralphs for people who couldn't attend the show in 2007. So it can be done. We just need to have a little patience.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

I echo what palitoy, Hulk, and Joe have said...that, with us as a Community working together...will should be able to set something up, so that We ALL can get one!

I now have confidence it will work out...keep up the good work Doc!!
                sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I'll jump in the KHAAAAAANNNNN pool, too.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

They Shoulda Made him the Mego Museum Exclusive.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Marvelmania
                      A Ray of Sunshine
                      • Jun 17, 2001

I absolutely hate chase figures. It's the reason I lost interest in the Marvel Legends line. While I would be hunting everywhere for a figure or two it seemed that some people bought them up and had them on Ebay for unreal prices. Completely ruined the fun for me.
                      As others have said hopefully this community can help each other out or some type of group pre-order would help to make it a little easier to get the exclusive figures.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Today, most people will just not buy into chase figures.
                        The collector market has really matured big-time lately.
                        Last edited by Mikey; Feb 13, '08, 7:58 PM.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                          valar morghulis
                          • Mar 8, 2005

I still don't quite get why so many people are referring to this as a chase figure. Chase figures are short-packed figs in regular assortments, etc. Exclusive figs are not necessarily chase figs. The minimum order quantity of Khan (who knows what production amount was settled on.. Hulk mentioned 3000 at least, I think) might actually be close (or even match) the production run on the regular figures.

I understand it's harder for people to buy the figures when the exclusive-holder is regional or obscure, but guess what? The regular assts are only available via Diamond distributors, which technically makes THEM exclusives too. I mean, I have no comic shop in my town, and would have to drive an hour to even get to one.

Instead, I just order them on the web. Which will no doubt be the same route I go with these, given the opportunity. I'm confident it'll happen.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Agreed.
                            Exclusives, & chase figures are not the same thing,.. its not even the same sport, when action figure collecting goes. To Quote Sam Jackson.

In my expirences with them,.. unless it is a Con Exclusive, most mark ups on Ebay don't happen too often.. other than inflated shipping costs.

... I was just scared at 1st,.. because I never heard of the Stores this was being marketed threw before.
                            Last edited by BlackKnight; Feb 13, '08, 9:01 PM.
                            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Marvelmania
                              A Ray of Sunshine
                              • Jun 17, 2001

Chase, exclusive, whatever you want to call them. All I'm saying is if someone wants one they should have an equal chance of getting it through a pre-order or other way (for a limited time) instead of havng to wheel and deal and keep your fingers crossed or resort to Ebay.

Comment

• Jerry68
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 12, 2008

my first post and please count me in

I just registered last night and this is my first post. Please count me in on the list for Khan. I have been collecting for a couple years and am very happy with the Emce line. The news of this exclusive is frustrating to me as well. I live in the Detroit area and there is neither store around here.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎